John Mayer

Sorry for Dropping

the N-Word

2/10/2010 6:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John MayerJohn Mayer is apologizing for using the N-Word in that explosively controversial Playboy interview in which he compared his penis to a white supremacist.

During the interview, Mayer stated that "black people" love him -- and then he brought up the topic of a "hood pass."

While explaining the meaning of a hood pass, Mayer said, "It's sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n*gger pass."

But moments ago, Mayer issued an apology, via Twitter, saying "I am sorry that I used the word. And it's such a shame that I did because the point I was trying to make was in the exact opposite spirit of the word itself."

Mayer added, "It was arrogant of me to think I could intellectualize using it, because I realize that there's no intellectualizing a word that is so emotionally charged."

The Judge

Stevie Ray Matthews Mayer is a philistine and a poseur. Douche is not a strong enough word. This man got extremely lucky and he thinks it has something to do with talent. His music is so derivative and it is about as timeless as polished turd.

hunsister

This guy is crazy. Either he is on drugs or booze or he needs help. His comments are often not just thought-provoking but beyond the pale. There is no way he can apologize for using that word. I hold him to the same standard as Mel Gibson - and he should be ashamed that he can be compared to Mel. It's over for me. Never buy another thing he's involved with.

M

THE JUDGE, I believe polished turd was too nice a description. I call it warmed over diarrhea.

phyllis

All I can say is, congratulations to Jennifer Anniston for dumping your silly, ignorant, egotistical self...she allowed your inflated ego to carry on as though you split first, but I remember your friend saying "he can't get over being dumped!" You're a jerk.

edward przydzial

rotflmao...

bianca

This should not be a big deal. He was trying to be funny and cool and it backfired...he continued talking too long. I am a black woman and I like John M (not anything to do with sex). I think what he said about his d*ck is hilarious!
BTW black men say all the time that they prefer black women, except they lie! Once they are successful and an athlete or entertainer, the rule seems to be to go "barely black." The woman must look white, but be classified as black! Kobe, Lamar, the Jacksons etc etc can explain that to you!!

Erik

i would live with hope in the future if dave matthews said, "ya know i hate violence folks, and there is rarely a time, but this is one of those times- (and then break mayers jaw). "that's for trying to sound like me you phony- now go be yourself you skinny tattooed trying to fit in-to any fad poser!"
"shea whatchya mean tah shea, shea whatchya mean tah shea, shea whatchya mean tah shea, shea whatchya mean tah shea, (repeat 47 more times)"

Bart

Johm Mayer is kind of an idiot, ok, he is an idiot. This boy should really just keep his mouth shut, he can sing and play ok. He has a really high opinion of himself, and shouldn't.

Ziggy

60. I don't think any of you understand. The reason it would be called a n-pass is because only black people are allowed to say n. therefore, if a white guy truly had a hood pass he would be able to call it a n-pass. because he would be completely accepted by blacks. This should be taken as a slap to the face by blacks...but not for the reason all of you are giving. It should be taken as a slap because of the fact that blacks still use the n-word...how ignorant and disgusting can one be. Using the term slave owners coined when talking to your fellow brothers. Your oppression primarily comes from yourself and the like-colored skin of your fellow humans.

Posted at 6:02PM on Feb 10th 2010 by brad

You are digging too deep because most black people don't know who John Mayer is or care about him. Most black people only know him from the Michael Jackson memorial performance. As far as black people using the N-word, who cares? It's not used as a negative term between black people. White people make blonde jokes and Polish jokes all the time and no one cares because it's between white people. Lighten up!!

LLewis01

What a Jack-ASS!!

sookietex

Not that i needed them, but 2 more reasons that prove John Mayer's a moron.

Ella

What is this guy's problem? It always seems like he's saying something dumb.

Brittney

I'm not offended by those words, but a lot of white people will be.

But if I were Jennifer Aniston, I'd be super embarrassed about ever sleeping with this douche. He is not good-looking, mediocre body, his music does nothing for me.

You can have him all to yourselves, white girls...

artpriz

No one should use that word. Black people always get offended when people use this word but yet they call themselves this all the time. It should start with them not using this word. Its just so rude for anyone to use it.

griffin