John Mayer

Sorry for Dropping

the N-Word

2/10/2010 6:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John MayerJohn Mayer is apologizing for using the N-Word in that explosively controversial Playboy interview in which he compared his penis to a white supremacist.

During the interview, Mayer stated that "black people" love him -- and then he brought up the topic of a "hood pass."

While explaining the meaning of a hood pass, Mayer said, "It's sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n*gger pass."

But moments ago, Mayer issued an apology, via Twitter, saying "I am sorry that I used the word. And it's such a shame that I did because the point I was trying to make was in the exact opposite spirit of the word itself."

Mayer added, "It was arrogant of me to think I could intellectualize using it, because I realize that there's no intellectualizing a word that is so emotionally charged."

David

John Mayer...Please shut up for once. You're not funny; you're not important. And if you think before you speak, you wouldn't have used the N word in the first place. You can sing; you can play the guitar. Stick with your day job. We don't need another douche like you. We already have too many.

Miles

To the people trying to defend this douchebag. The problem isnt just the N word....did you read the entire article? He dogged out blacks, Jess Simpson and Kerry Washington. His attempt at humor (which I doubt) was out of line. This fool just killed his career...over nothing. Which goes beyond stupid.

I co-sign ol man Simpson lumping the fool up for talking bad about his daughter. Funny or not that ish was disrespectful as h@ll. Whats with you kids these days?

L. Alvarez

Is he still stealing music from Curtis Mayfield? The Mayfield estate has put him on notice that they are watching his every musical note.

Declined

...and if he were black it would have been okay...

BTW I am half black, and I NEVER use the word. It's disgusting.

sue

I am sure that he is regretting this interview in Playboy.
He managed to piss off Jennifer Aniston and pretty much
all black people.

Tyrone Jefferson

Who cares what blacks think. They're more racist than any other race.

Shyanne

I am wondering what makes John Mayer think that a black woman would want to sleep with him. Based on what he said he is lusting for a black woman but has not had the opportunity to have one.

I wonder what all black friends think of him?

sara

at least he is honest. most of you don't date outside your race but don't say it out loud like him so stop acting like you are better than him, coz you are the same

Declined

117...ummm...I DO date outside of my race. I am half black and half white...which means my MOTHER who is BLACK dated outside of her race. Think before you open you type your ignorance, moron. I believe generalizing all black women is pretty racist.

Allison

If I accidently used the n-word and people came out all mad at me, I would come out in a heartbeat saying "You know what? I'm not going to apologize. I will apologize when everyone stops saying it. Black people use it in their EVERY DAY vocabulary... in rap songs, on the street, passing by, with their friends, etc. If you want it out of our language, then EVERYONE - STOP using the n-word. We're all the same, we all love eachother, so everyone quit using it.
"

I would NOT apologize... but then again, I wouldn't use it in the first place.

emily

the drama between him and perez hilton is much more fun!apparently, perez has a crush on him and cant get over it!! lol

Declined

that should say "think before you type your ignorance" just so we're clear.

angelface

Whatever, it's not his first racist statement and it won't be his last. He's gotten too much press over it not to keep it up. He needs to just STFU and let his "music" talk for him.

ryan

Whatever, if you notice the racism in this thread its from BLACK WOMEN bashing all white men, how we're not attractive, our penises aren't big enough for their apparently wide loose vaginas, etc. How's that different than what John said? Get over it, black women. NO ONE finds you that attractive. White men sure as hell don't want you, and any black man would take a hot white or asian woman over some smelly black b*tch anyday!

mystert

signed....John Mayors publicist doing major damage contol