John Mayer:

Tiny Part of Me

Is White Supremacist

2/10/2010 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John MayerJohn Mayer is at the center of a racial controversy -- and it's all because he compared his penis to a white supremacist.

It's all over an interview Mayer just gave to Playboy Magazine -- in which he was asked, "Do black women throw themselves at you?"

Mayer's response: "I don't think I open myself to it. My d*ck is sort of like a white supremacist. I've got a Benetton heart and a f*ckin' David Duke c*ck. I'm going to start dating separately from my d*ck."

Mayer goes on to name some African-American women he's attracted to, but we gotta ask ...

Monica

@Uno

I couldn't agree with you more, I'm a black woman and I feel the exact same way.
People really do need to stop being so sensitive. I know I have my preferences and I surely am not apologizing for it!

Tionna

John may have said some rude and inappropriate things but don't insult his music. I, as a black woman, am hurt by what he said, but I still love his music.

ltlmstrblmkr

He's such an idiot.....boring,& WTH does he get that arrogance from? He clearly can't keep a woman,thus his need to 'kiss & tell'.Um,no woman likes a kiss & tell guy.Seems to have a need to over-inflate pretty much everything about,um,himself. Not very attractive in the physical sense either.....let's face it,he loves himself so much there's no room for anyone else.

Not a racist

So wait...are we saying that if he is not attracted to black females that means he is racist? I dont get it? Do we have to be attracted to every race?

balls

BUTTON

In clothing and fashion design, a button is a small disc, typically round, object usually attached to an article of clothing in order to secure an opening, or for ornamentation. Functional buttons work by slipping the button through a fabric or thread loop, or by sliding the button through a reinforced slit called a buttonhole.

Buttons may be manufactured from an extremely wide range of materials, including natural materials such as antler, bone, horn, ivory, shell, vegetable ivory, and wood; or synthetics such as celluloid, glass, metal, bakelite and plastic.

Hard plastic is by far the most common material for newly manufactured buttons; the other materials tend to occur only in premium apparel.

There is even a phobia of buttons, called koumpounophobia.

Madam Obvious

So John isn't turned on by black women? So what? Tiger Woods isn't turned on by them either. It was not a racist comment, as he was not criticising anybody or invoking violence or ridicule of anybody. John was stating his sexual preference which he is quite entitled to do. We all have things that turn our desire off and on, if he prefers white women, big deal. He expressed it damn clumsily, I must say, but he hasn't said anything bad. If he'd said he didn't like sex with white women, only women of colour, there would be no outcry. Because he mentioned blacks, all hell breaks loose.

Tara

I just think it's HI-larious that his apology uses the word intellectualize. He keeps telling the world how intelligent he is, but all that comes out of his mouth is CRAZY. What do they say, there's a fine line between genius and insanity - well he jumped across that line ages ago. I like his music, but he's a douche bag.

Kufukahn

Who is John Mayer?

uhljjangkitty

IM LOST HERE. Y DID THE INTERVIEWER EVEN MENTION BLACK WOMEN IN THIS INTERVIEW. IM A WHITE WOMAN AND DONT EVEN FIND JOHN MAYER THE LEAST BIT ATTRACTIVE. NOR DO I THINK BLACK WOMEN WANT HIM TO BEGIN WITH. ALOT OF WHITE WOMEN LIKE BLACK MEN NO OFFENSE LOL JOHN MAYER HAS HIS PREFERENCE YES BUT TO TALK CRAP ABOUT OTHERS WHOM YOU DONT PREFER ISNT A PREFERENCE BUT HATE. ITS JUST ANOTHER REASON FOR AMERICA TO SINGLE OUT BLACK WOMEN AND PUT THEM LOWER ON A PEDESTAL OF BEAUTY

ANOTHER THING. ALOT OF WHITE MEN ACTUALLY DO LIKE BLACK WOMEN. HES TALKING ABOUT HIS PENIS BEING KKK BUT AS I RECALL KKK MEMBERS RAPED BLACK WOMEN BECAUSE THEY KNEW BLACK WOMEN DIDNT WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH THEM BY CHOICE. ANOTHER THING. BACK IN THE SLAVE TIMES WHITES RAPED BLACK WOMEN AS WELL JUST TO HAVE BETTER LOOKING KIDS. KNOW YOUR HISTORY.

IF WHITE MEN DIDNT LIKE BLACK WOMEN SO MUCH THERE WOULDNT BE SO MANY BIRACIAL KIDS.

acem

John Mayer on the verge of tears explaining/apologizing to his concert goers for Playboy comments.

Video:
[url]http://adozencorners.forumotion.net/what-s-hot-in-music-f6/john-mayers -racist-comments-in-playboy-t155.htm#484[/url]

alfa

today its a big deal nxt week, something new to complain about... so the guy just spoke his mind at the moment... oh well, if he was racist then believe you me we would have known it by now.... this is john mayer we're talking about... he speaks his mind, let him have his playboy moment and lets get on with our lives...:P

me

so why not just say he's not into black women instead of speaking like an idiot. of all the stupid analogies he picked that one omg

Rose

I'm a 26 yr old black female I like some of his music and he is funny at times but his idiotic comment caught me off guard. Everyone has there own preference me I'm mostly attracted to latin men but the way John said it was dumb. If he had said something like I think some are attractive but my preference is white women it wouldn't of been a big deal.

Ice Water

A little bit of John Mayer is a geek, tool who couldn't ROCK to save his life. What a wimp.

Cdot

How in this day and age that someone who is seemingly intelligent and from the first world could make the comments that he has recently and believe that there is an appropriate apology for any of it. Self-sensorship is something that needs to be exercised. The good news is that none of my hard earned money has or will ever be spent regardless of any appreciation for the music. People need to hold themselves accountable.