John Mayer:

Tiny Part of Me

Is White Supremacist

2/10/2010 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John MayerJohn Mayer is at the center of a racial controversy -- and it's all because he compared his penis to a white supremacist.

It's all over an interview Mayer just gave to Playboy Magazine -- in which he was asked, "Do black women throw themselves at you?"

Mayer's response: "I don't think I open myself to it. My d*ck is sort of like a white supremacist. I've got a Benetton heart and a f*ckin' David Duke c*ck. I'm going to start dating separately from my d*ck."

Mayer goes on to name some African-American women he's attracted to, but we gotta ask ...

AARYN

WHO THE HELL RAISED THIS MAN? HE IS JUST TRASH!

ignatius718

"I cannot believe that 'the Situation' would say something that stupid." Oh wait...

MiMi

He actually didnt answer the question, the question was are black women throwing themselves at you and instead of saying NO which is the truth he decided to protect his ego and say that its HIM that doesnt open himself up to black women. John whatever, just admit it, black women just arent that into you and if the feeling is mutual its cool. I dont know of any black women who will lose sleep over that. You could have said that without using racially charged words. Not very smart, you have an African American following, you're sure to lose some fans over this foolishness.

Banyan

One thing that whites and others don't understand is that while it is normal to be attracted to those of your own race over those not of your race, being only attracted to your race is based in racism. While Jon my not be racist he like a number of guys I knew in college have been influenced by racist believes and practices that black women are somehow different than white women, and that the facial and body and hair types of non-women are inferior. This concept of beauty and acceptance is deeply rooted in american society not just among whites either, but has lead blacks to a hatred of themselves. This was the point of the "black is beautiful" movement. When white guys say they are not attracted to black women it is because they see blacks as fundamentally different then themselves. They are not attempting to be racist, but racism is a part of their cultural understanding, and passively effects their view of the world. Instead of calling whites racist, help them to understand how generational racism has influenced their view of the world.

Coriz229

I don't understand why the question about black women was even asked anyways. How about just women period. These commentators and reports set the celebrities up and they take the Bait. John Mayer has worked with Alicia keys, JayZ, Beyonce, etc. Which are successful black people that helped his career. He just lost a whole group of people to buy his album. Smart move. This is sad. Im so sick of it. I moving to Belgium where my black skin will be appreciated.

Steph

Oh brother... why even give this d-bag the time of day? His music is terrible and he doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. What an incredibly insensitive and racist jerk. Why some women find him attractive is beyond me.

Danielle

I like John Mayer and I get what he is saying but as a Black woman he could have use a better choose of words ex: David Duke, White Supremacist.

Hot!! Chocolate1

I used to be a BIG John Mayer fan until he opened his "STUPID MOUTH".I am African American myself. Utterly devoted to John Mayers music. And because of his inability to think before he speaks, I think he should be castrated so that he NEVER has to worry about who his penis likes EVER again! ;)

patricia

it's ok John Mayers pennis does not get up for Black women or Men.
i get it ,,,,but he could have been tasteful and think before he spoke.

AZ

Good thing he likes to masturbate, cuz women won't be so eager to give him any napalm after this interview.

Tisha

F@#$ No Man...Not John Mayer...another one bites the dust...First its the guy from Seinfeld. Now Mayer...I have most of his albums and I am totally disappointed. I am going to shredd all of them and throw out his DVD!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim

The entire Kanye West/ Taylor Swift incident was blown out of proportion all because he said Beyonce had the greatest video of all time...John Mayer decides to talk about women in a demeaning manor, compare sex to drugs, drop the N-word, and he gets a pass! Are you kidding me?! The media is still mad at Kanye West but is ready to forgive John Mayer overnight! Unfortunately it appears skin color has played a part yet again in how the media is handling various situations. John Mayer is totally out of line and his comments were totally inappropriate! Don't down play it TMZ! Remember it and hold on to it like you all are doing with the Taylor Swift/ Kanye West incident from last Summer!

Phoneboy

I understand what he's saying: everyone has their personal sexual preference when it comes to everything from gender, race and build, to how large their breasts or penis are.

But he could have found a less ignorant/idiotic way to say it.

Yolanda

I try not to assume what falls out of some peoples mouth, but if he is not into Black Women, that is cool. Not all Black Women are into Jerks, regardless of their color.

From a Black Women who is loved by her White Man.

Yolanda

Kim, I totally agree with what you are saying. Let the facts speak for themselves.