John Mayer:

Tiny Part of Me

Is White Supremacist

2/10/2010 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John MayerJohn Mayer is at the center of a racial controversy -- and it's all because he compared his penis to a white supremacist.

It's all over an interview Mayer just gave to Playboy Magazine -- in which he was asked, "Do black women throw themselves at you?"

Mayer's response: "I don't think I open myself to it. My d*ck is sort of like a white supremacist. I've got a Benetton heart and a f*ckin' David Duke c*ck. I'm going to start dating separately from my d*ck."

Mayer goes on to name some African-American women he's attracted to, but we gotta ask ...

Jess

So what he's say is that he wouldn't have sex with a black female... so what! I'm not offended... I wouldn't have sex with a white man cause they’d probably have a limp d!ck! and he used the N word big deal! He didn’t use the “N” word as a reference to anyone! So when a person who isn’t black uses the “N” word regardless oh how it’s used then…. OH HELL NO!!!! If they want to band that word they should do it regardless of what color your skin is! NO ONE SHOULD USE IT! Why doesn’t any one ever make a big DEAL about calling a women a b!tch! It’s degrading and disrespectful!

AnnieSH

If this was a black man (can you say Kanye West?) saying his d*ck preferred only black women, no one would say crap, would they?

John used an awful choice of words, but he shouldn't have to apologise for saying he prefers white women.

acem

@ Post #259:
Don't even try it. As much as people love to pounce on Kayne, if he said something similar, the news blogs would be overrun with hate responses. Nice try.

donttakeoffense

John Mayer is himself a contradiction in terms. On one hand, he states that his penis is a racist, attracted only to white women. Yet, in almost the next breath, he fantasizes about three actresses who happen to be black. As a black woman, I am neither concerned nor offended by Mayer’s opinion of black women. If the truth is told, few black women are sexually attractive to white men. This may be a well-kept secret. Many black women openly admit that they only pursue relationship with black men due to shared culture, values, etc. Is this racist or an expression of personal preference? I have no idea. I suspect that most people are more attracted to people they know and who are either within or not too far outside their comfort zone. Unfortunately, blacks and whites in this country very seldom interact socially, and don’t really get to know each other as human beings. For the most part, blacks and whites still view each other as alien and different. I doubt whether young Mr. Mayer has ever had a real friendship with a black female. I am, however, concerned about John Mayer’s view of women in general. It is obvious that he sees women as mere sex objects, existing only to pleasure him. It is so sad that a young person would have such an antiquated attitude in this day and age.

MiMi

Funny how everyone gets upset when people call John Mayer a racist, HE CALLED HIMSELF A RACIST! His comment was "a tiny part of me is a white supremacist". No one is putting words in his mouth, actually the people who are saying hes not a racist are putting words in his mouth. When you say something like that and then say Oh sorry I was just kidding, well I have the right not to believe you and frankly I dont believe him. I believe he is like most white Americans "a tiny part white supremacist" sad but so true.

Jan

Maybe if John got over himself for five minutes, he might be able to sincerely love someone else. The joker has no integrity and I'm believing his music doesn't either. Sad.

Dick

I am a white woman, and I have to say, not only would a black woman be offended by this trash, but I am sure white women are also. What a piece of trash. Sounds like he is in about 9th grade every time he opens his mouth. This man obviously has no culture behind him and oviously no common sense. He is not handsome and the only reason he has "women" that he has (often) is due to the publicity, the fact that he is a "star" (gag) and his money. His mouth and his personality surely do not win hearts over and obviously they do not keep those hearts. Maybe all his frolicking will cause his white supremicist D*ck to fall off one. We can only pray.

blogdouche

@StormThurmond's offspring I think that is the most idiotic statement my poor eyes have ever come across! How can you compare rape to a loving/normal sexual relationship? They are two opposed and distinct concepts. Masters raping slaves does not mean they found them attractive it means that they abused a position of power, so as to degrade these women. Wow, I am actually in shock that I have to explain this! There was so much examples you could have drawn from for inter-racial relationships e.g Eve, Halle Berry, actor Justin Chambers (Greys anatomy fame), Corrine Bailey Rae (before he died) Robert De Niro and many others. Even this is a poor argument because just because some black and white people sleep together doesn't mean that ALL black and white people want to sleep together. I don't think his comments are offensive, as a black woman I understand his intention was not to offend. Let people sleep with who they want to its a private act and no-one should enter a relationship so as to prove they are not racist.

Nicholas Olsen

Jon Mayer doesnt like to bang black chicks. The only people who care are you retards. Why do you care who he wants to bang? Stay out of peoples business. Do you think he going to want to start banging black chicks because the TMZ retards are upset? No. Please don't try and say Jon Mayer couldn't bang any black chicks either. I don't Jon Mayer would be hittin anyone posting her anyways, so your opinions don't matter. I don't like white chicks and Im white. Who gives a f*&K? Would anybody care if he said he would only bang black chicks? I wouldn't and neither would %99
of the world. Maybe everybody should focus more on their own life, so they aren't so offended by non pc Jon Mayers sexual preferences. You people make my skin crawl. Enjoy and discuss ad nausem losers.

BTW Jon Mayer is an excellent guitarist even though his music is kind of weak.

Pink Sugar

As a African American female, I am very disappointed in John Mayer. I have every CD of his but I will no longer listen to them... I guess I don't have a bubble gum tongue and skin like porcelain. My bad... I guess my brown body in his eyes will never be a Wonderland. No longer a fan!

anon

god when will these celebs ever learn? You cant play the the media it will ALWAYS win. He thought he was being clever, witty he thought he was being cute but he was being a racist sexist prick and now everyone knows it.
Someone needs to round up this loser and kanye and tape their mouths shut- preferbly a mafia don and silence them FOREVER! Not satisfied with disprespecting his exes on a daily basis now he turns on black women and kerry wsahington no less! He could never get a classy woman like her so he might as well foregt it and she should siue for defermation of chacracter! Stick to the tacky blondes Johnny boy they're still dumb enough to date you- sexist pig. And as for his rapper "hood" friends as he likes to call them if you think they'll give him a wide berth after this dont hold your breath -they wont lets face it they say worse things about bw in their own music!

Peter

The MEDIA today is ALWAYS looking to make a story or some kind of DRAMA for a story. Most of the BLACK people and friends of mine that talk about the JOHN MAYER comments, had **(NO)** problem with it. Most understood the context of how and what JOHN MAYER was saying.

Message to TODAY'S MEDIA! Stop TRYING TO CREATE stories when their is NO story. And I am NOT just talking about with JOHN MAYER. Today's MEDIA and TALK show HOST, are all about creating **(HYPE)**, and making the story BIGGER than life, to generate rating...and to get the PUBLIC to listen and read their stories.

Peter

*********(I am a BLACK women and MANY of my friends who are BLACK, LOVE JOHN MAYER. A lot of people in the BLACK community LOVE JOHN MAYRE'S music.

Once again. MEDIA, STOP IT already! And the ***(PUBLIC)*** has to speak up and say STOP it MEDIA and GOVERNMENT! And the general PUBLIC have to be SMARTER than them and NOT allow the MEDIA to dictate to the public how WE see things!)****************

Its just sad

Wow! Most of you sound worse then Mayer. I don't understand how you can get so offended when some of you are saying worse things than he did. Don't get me wrong....I think as a public figure he could of had a little more class then using n*gg*r and what not....totally insensitive and offensive and I'm not black, but I am a woman. AND YES when some one drops a known Klansmens name it is wrong....they incite to kill/ hurt/ hate another person based only on race. THAT IS WRONG (a little more scary than the laws of attraction!!). But after reading some of you're posts...I have been more enraged by you. At least he can use the excuse of diarrhea of the mouth during an on "the shot" interview, but all of you are consciously thinking about what to write and are intending to be racist. STOP speaking for your own races, I'd bet good money many people of your own race would not back you up. I happen to think all men are attractive....Come on..Justin Timberlake,Will Smith, Jet Li, Enrique Englesias, and Ashmit Patel....Really??? I don't understand the rash ignorance...don't be like him..STOP stereotyping, STOP judging, STOP STOP STOP. You are missing out on many many good people of all shapes, colors, and origins. But I mean if you only want to live in black or white...hey that's your choice...but I happen to like prefer color...all color...it makes life a bit more beautiful.

Intelligent

Wow, after seeing how he talks about his ex's, I don't think any intelligent female, regardless of color, would want to date him. He is pretty annoying and immature. He has been very sheltered and pretends to be open minded when in fact he is very close minded. I'm surprised Al Sharpton isn't on this one or is he just chilling in his mansion.