Designer Alexander McQueen Dies

2/11/2010 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

International fashion designer Alexander McQueen was found dead in his London home this morning, this according to a spokesperson for his company.

Alexander McQueen
There are reports claiming McQueen took his own life -- but so far, an official cause of death has not been released.

The UK media organization, Sky News, is reporting that McQueen was found hanged in his apartment. Sky News also reports that local police have said the death would not be "treated as suspicious."

The 40-year-old designer often designed outfits for Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Prince Charles.

A rep from McQueen's office just released a statement saying, "At this stage it is inappropriate to comment on this tragic news beyond saying that we are devastated and are sharing a sense of shock and grief with [McQueen's] family."

Alexander McQueen

Solaera

Aw. He was so talented. Sadness.

Brandon

Who cares. Never heard of him, not a celebrity, boo hoo.

fosse

The Design World has lost a genius.

happy day

Terrible, Why couldnt have been the Jersey Shore cast????

Tralalala

Mars

RIP Mr. McQueen you were one of my faves!!! Your were one fierce designer!!!

get better J.C

19. Terrible, Why couldnt have been the Jersey Shore cast????

Posted at 11:52AM on Feb 11th 2010 by Brooklyn Boy

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/11/designer-alexander-mcqueen-dies/2#comments#ixzz0fEBdLRPr

LMAO...I totally agree, or even better a Kardashian???

get better J.C

20. Every photo I've seen of him shows his eyes to have huge pupils. That is a sign of stimulant use, either coke or meth. I don't know if this guy was a drug user but it wouldn't shock me. I've known a few coke addicts that took their own life and hanging seems to be the prefered method. He was good friends with Kate Moss if that tells you anything. At any rate, it is sad and my heart goes out to his family.

Posted at 11:58AM on Feb 11th 2010 by Tralalala

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/11/designer-alexander-mcqueen-dies/2#c25418840#ixzz0fEC3Ga4K

He was depressed over his mother dying in Feb

BeKewl

Oh sure you go on and on about this guy but what about the Afghani orphans in Haiti? Who cares about them? And then Hank Baskett should just throw his hands up and say hell yeah? I DON'T THINK SO.

Pearl Owusu

What's really going on in this world where live in?

R.I.P.

I'm going to pray for his family during this difficult time..

I NEED REAL PROOF!!!

Wow, this is shocking!

I loved his fashion, a huge fan!

It sure is sad! REST IN PEACE!!!

mperl95

My prayers are with his family. What a talent that will be greatly missed!

London Girl

Why oh why do people take their lives...I know I know, but he had so much going for him. Hell he was to unveil his new collection in a few weeks in Paris. All the fashionisters and fabulous people are all hysterical on the news.

Penis Hilton

He was depressed that Ugly Betty got cancelled.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments