John Mayer

I Need to Grow Up!

2/11/2010 6:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John Mayer apologized a second time last night for his controversial Playboy comments -- this time to his band ... some of whom are African American.

John Mayer: Click to watch
Mayer stopped his Nashville concert Wednesday night to address the interview where he dropped the n-word and compared his you-know-what to a white supremacist -- saying he was trying to be "clever" and "did that at the expense of people I love."

He then thanked his band for sticking with him, adding "I just wanna play my guitar."

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

This douchebag suffers from the same disease that Ben Affleck, Tim Dailey, Alec Baldwin, Jared Leto, etc. suffer from. Thinking they are intelligent because they read a big word in a book, when in reality they are about as bright as your average 6th grader.

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

How can the n-word be offensive when I hear it in every African American movie I watch???

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

A friend of mine met him before he got big and was still playing the college scene in Athens, Georgia. She had no clue who was but remembered he wouldn't shut up and was just as annoying then as he is now. So apparently it's not an act, it's just apart of his crappy makeup.

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

His only good song is "Your Body is a Wonderland" but the radio version is absolute garbage. He's basically a one hit wonder that has managed to hang around.

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

16. The man may be an idiot with a tendency towards false self-depreciation and perhaps a bit piggish when it comes to women, but at least he's not a racist. If you're intelligent enough, you'd be able to get that from his comments.

Posted at 9:35AM on Feb 11th 2010 by Real Canadian

---------------------

BINGO. But this is how insanely over-the-top the PC police media has become. He was making a point about racism and in turn, because he used that word in a jokingly manner, he is now deemed the racist. It's scary how crazy this PC bullsh*t has become. Now he'll have to go on an apology tour with Al Sharpton (ironically enough he's an actual racist) and then cry on Oprah. Sad

Tye Tanikk

What do you expect out of a guy who looks like Frankenstein?... But cus he's a down with the cause liberal, he gets a pass. Least Mel Gibson has an excuse, he was DRUNK. FugFace here gave a pre-scripted interview for which he was payed for, and he and Playboy both knew beforehand it would create buzz and left it in the mag. So hip and BOLD of both of them.
But hey... most blacks guys fell the same as he does, so they cant get too upset. The brutha's just cant get enuff of white tail either. Wonder why that is?...

reachdoozy

The only disease he suffers from is periodic acute ITAFTTM - "Inability to appropriately filter thoughts to mouth".

Can't Stand Obama

People need to quit apologizing for what they say. We still have free speech in this country and people can think & say what they want. People who are offended need to grow a pair, grow up.

What ever happened to that old saying "Sticks & stones will break my bones but words can't hurt me?" Oh that's right, the bleeding heart liberals who think they know best about what we should and shouldn't say and what we should and shouldn't think.

Not a fan of JM but he does have the right to say what he damn well pleases.

reachdoozy

LIL CUZZ aka walking stereotype. Either stop with the finger gestures and pull your pants up or put down the rope and take off the white hood, whichever the case may be. LOL

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

It's not an offensive word because black people using it all the time. You don't hear Jews calling each other derogatory names, now do you???

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

I feel absolutely nothing now when people try and make a big deal about this word, or anything else that supposedly "offends" black people. They have cried wolf one too many times and I'm tired of walking around on eggshells just to coddle a bottom-feeding race that only brings destruction where ever they populate.

truthteller

John Mayer should not get off so easy with some lame apology. His remarks are no different then Imus or Michael Richards. He's a bigot and arrogant jerk. There was not just one slip of the tongue, over and over he said raciest and sexist comments. This was not a private conversation but an interview he knew that would be read world round. I think there should be mass boycotts and protest against this disrespectful loser.

reachdoozy

LOL @ CAN CAN... not realizing how vicious a racist you are yourself. Dum-Dum!

Lanie

So agree with Jamie.. What a talented guy.. but his music is NOT worth what it's tied to. This man is so full himself, so arrogant, so pompous, so egotistical.. He's good with words and lyrics.. but he's a master at manipulation. This was a well-planned speech ---- one filled with the words some wanted to hear --- only done to benefit HIMSELF..

I used to date someone SO much like Mayer--- people LOVED my ex-boyfriend, but after 4 years of living with him.. I could see who he really was.. Sure he was filled with personality, he was witty and clever,... he was so charismatic the it drew people to him.. but it was all a farce..

Mayer is an insincere narcissist.. he was gifted with musical talent & wit to ensnare him "victims"/fans.. what a d-bag.

I truly can't stand him.

mikk

44. LOL @ CAN CAN... not realizing how vicious a racist you are yourself. Dum-Dum!
Posted at 10:42AM on Feb 11th 2010 by Real Canadian

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/11/john-mayer-concert-apology-nashville-video/3#ixzz0fF72zTHr

yes I am I learned it from the white people. I am quite proud of myself they taught me well