John Mayer

I Need to Grow Up!

2/11/2010 6:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John Mayer apologized a second time last night for his controversial Playboy comments -- this time to his band ... some of whom are African American.

John Mayer: Click to watch
Mayer stopped his Nashville concert Wednesday night to address the interview where he dropped the n-word and compared his you-know-what to a white supremacist -- saying he was trying to be "clever" and "did that at the expense of people I love."

He then thanked his band for sticking with him, adding "I just wanna play my guitar."

Lanie

I don't even care about the N word nastiness that he spewed in Playboy. It was grotesque and offensive, but that's the least of this guys problems. I have followed him on twitter -- he is SO self-involved and into himself, it is sickening..

And he's been kiss-and-telling for so long, it is sickening.. He's a media-ho, just like the Kardashians, Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton.. he used his relationships with Jessica Simpson & Jennifer Aniston to get more famous-- all the while, blabbing about them to the media.

I am so SICK of these fame ho's USE the media, then complain when they mess up & get bad press from it.

He was a JERK longgggggg before this article.. I am glad that people are finally seeing who he REALLY is.

Arrogance, selfishness, narcissism... all of it describes this d-bag. Yes, he's talented.. but there are a lot of people who are talented - who do NOT act like this. He's not better than anyone else because he was gifted with the wit and artistic talent to write lyrics and play the guitar.

reachdoozy

yes I am I learned it from the white people. I am quite proud of myself they taught me well

Posted at 10:48AM on Feb 11th 2010 by CAN CAN

If you think all or even most white people in the world would teach that, it doesn't matter if your skin is black, white, or green - you're simply not very smart and you're helping to perpetual that which you hate.

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

What about all the racist blacks out there? Why do they get a pass for being bigoted black klansmen????

Erica

If John Mayer doesn't have a drug problem and wind up on Celebrity Rehab, then I don't know who will. It just seems like another coke fueled rant from the constantly cracked out looking pig.

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

As long as you have racists like Eddie Griffin around, the whole "the N word offends me" bs will carry zero water

MYBAD

When will he start talking about how Miss Pure Taylor Swift is in bed?

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

Blacks in their nature are offensive, so how in the world a word they use on a daily basis is "offensive" is pure bull.

The real story is how he aired dirty laundry about Jessica Simpson. That's what he should be apologizing for

MYBAD

When will he start talking about Miss Pure Taylor Swift in bed?

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

I think John should get another "cool" tattoo. Yeah, because they are not so 1980's or anything.

Stephen

Boy, this loser loves the limelight and all the attention. He really loves to hear himself talk. Total Media Whore who can't and won't stop that big mouth of his from saying stupid things. He's like a 6th grade boy.

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

Funny how Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson (two ACTUAL racists) are always the ones that are sought to heal moments such as this. Just a thought....

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

Who cares. Black people use it all the time on each other.

GGG

He needs some psycological help. This guy is looney!

Buster

The media loves the "n-word". It sells when celebrities and politicians use it. I am not even sure why black people get offended by it in this day and age. They give that word power when they fain outrage over it. Yes it brings up the history of slavery and the persecution that blacks faced in the past, but it has nothing to do with who we are as Americans now. Like many groups in this country blacks hold on to memories of their history so they do not have to focus on where they are now and what they need to succeed in the future. Put it this way, homosexuals have taken the word "queer" and made it an empowering label. They have clear goals of what they want in the future (i.e. marriage, legal standing, etc). What are the goals for blacks in this country? So far the only goal I seem to hear from them is that they do not want to hear the "n-word". Yet there are plenty of people making a living off the use of the "n-word".

"In our century, we've learned not to fear words."
-Lt. Uhura

Lanie

He hasn't had a good song out in a long time and he's barely hanging onto to his notoriety by dating popular celebs, then blabbing about them in the media. His older music was good, but I think his artistic well has "dried" up and he's got to seek out attention in anyway he can to stay relevent and still get written about.

He's all about shocking people, so he gets attention. I agree with whoever wrote that he's just like Lohan and the Kardashians.

He lives off media attention.