John Mayer

I Need to Grow Up!

2/11/2010 6:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John Mayer apologized a second time last night for his controversial Playboy comments -- this time to his band ... some of whom are African American.

John Mayer: Click to watch
Mayer stopped his Nashville concert Wednesday night to address the interview where he dropped the n-word and compared his you-know-what to a white supremacist -- saying he was trying to be "clever" and "did that at the expense of people I love."

He then thanked his band for sticking with him, adding "I just wanna play my guitar."

stphanie

F*** john i hate it when people say things that are disrespectful and then try to turn around and say sorry. How about doing this THINK before you say s***. He knew what he said was wrong before he even spoke a word still he let it leave his mouth. Why say sorry you were only showing your true colors. What a LOSER!!!

magnolia-lee

Another photo-op!! Just shut the f--k up dude!! Do us all a favor. You've ruined your career!

anonymous

His statement only refreshes the ever so present problem of racial stigma/issues. He likes the black community when they can support him otherwise they are of no use. What makes him think that his "white" penis is so good/better that anything that is not white isn't so appealing. Race is debunked, it is only used to separate people. I could have been born in Italy and be black as black but can say that I am white. Race can be determined by bloodline, where you were born or skin color- physical attributes.

mia

Mayer just needs to learn to STFU! The guy has a lot of musical talent but otherwise he's a self-absorbed egotistical idiot.

Gayle

This musician needs to shut up and play his music. He tweets, he blogs, etc. Why does he think that what he has to say about anything matters to the rest of the world. Apparently he likes the sound of his own voice and feels compelled to just blurt out anything that pops into his head. What an ego! Please John, there is a saying "people thought him stupid because he said nothing, but then he spoke and removed all doubt"

Jeanel

Wow...didn't realize what a jerk this guy is until this all started. Makes you think a lot less of him as an artist who has an ego this big and is ready to put someone else down to make himself look "cool".

pissed

I don't think anyone cares who John Mayer sleeps with, its just the fact that he made a reference to David Duke. Young people are impressionable, and he is seen as a role model. Imagine the kind of influence he has?? young white boys who perhaps had a crush on a black girl may decide that they better not admit it to anyone or act on it because John Mayer does'nt find it appealing. To say his penis is like David Duke when it comes to black women is like saying he is repulsed by black women, David Duke had to have been repulsed by black people otherwise he would not have done what he did...

FYI-I am a black woman who has dated black and white men and to me, each race has something amazing to offer.

Words are worse than daggers...be careful how you use them

Karl

People Call him a Rock Star. Give me a break. This guy ranks up there with the biggest DBs of all time. What a major puss.

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

The word is fair game for all. Blacks use it all the time. They need to lead by example if it is truly "offensive."

Pat Rice

And another thing...your Black band members are more concerned about getting that money. Deep down inside they probably loathe you.

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

126. John Mayer the TAKER! He takes our blues music, makes a living off of it and then insults not only all of the beautiful Black women out here, but then uses the N word. The only thing he gave back to the community that taught him how to play our music was insults. What a selfish ungrateful wannabe!! BTW, you are kinda funny looking with your big ears and crap for brains. Who would want you...Black, Asian or White? JERK!!

Posted at 3:22PM on Feb 12th 2010 by mainfox

------------

Actually, The first publication of blues sheet music was Hart Wand's "Dallas Blues" in 1912, a white man. So basically John is just taking back what is his.

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

So if John would have said he just isn't attracted to black chicks that would have been ok? Please, all you people do is sit around all day on your welfare checks looking for bs to bitch and moan about. You have cried wolf one too many times and nobody cares anymore.

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

The only reason TMZ isn't lynching this guy is because he's a Democrat. Had a Conservative guy, same word for word exactly what John did, this site would be wall-to-wall blogs about how racist and evil he is. The hypocrisy of the radical left is hilarious

pissed

SORRY JOHN.......you couldn't have me anyway. I have black panther vagina.

LGB

I feel very bad for John. I am white and married to a black man. When you feel very comfortable in your surroundings of friends, family and public you feel like you can play both sides of the track so to speak. I know for a fact I am not predjudice and I am very certain John isn't either. I joke around all the time with his family, my co-workers black, white it doesn't matter we are all people. However the N-word is not acceptible to me. My hair stands up on top of my head when I hear it. I believe this has been blown out of proportion. Let's remember John was not targeting any certain person. You have apologized to everyone and I think it is time we all move on. Enough Already.