John Mayer

I Need to Grow Up!

2/11/2010 6:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John Mayer apologized a second time last night for his controversial Playboy comments -- this time to his band ... some of whom are African American.

John Mayer: Click to watch
Mayer stopped his Nashville concert Wednesday night to address the interview where he dropped the n-word and compared his you-know-what to a white supremacist -- saying he was trying to be "clever" and "did that at the expense of people I love."

He then thanked his band for sticking with him, adding "I just wanna play my guitar."

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

prprincess

I am one who forgives people when mistakes are made; but, in this case with John, he meant EVERYTHING he said. I also believe if the public opinion was on his side he would not have apologize.

Sorry, John an apology will NOT make your statements go away; you said what you feel and that what makes you a sad person in not only mine eyes but everyone else.

The one good thing about this awful situation is that now I know who and what you are; glad to know it is out in the open and not hidden away. I must admit you did a good job of hiding.

Peter

*********(I am a BLACK women and MANY of my friends who are BLACK, LOVE JOHN MAYER. A lot of people in the BLACK community LOVE JOHN MAYRE'S music. We also have NO problem with him "N" word comment. Because COMMON SENSE, tells you what CONTEXT he used the "N" word.

The MEDIA today is ALWAYS looking to make a story or some kind of DRAMA for a story. Most of the BLACK people and friends of mine that talk about the JOHN MAYER comments, had **(NO)** problem with it. Most understood the context of how and what JOHN MAYER was saying.

Message to TODAY'S MEDIA! Stop TRYING TO CREATE stories when their is NO story. And I am NOT just talking about with JOHN MAYER. Today's MEDIA and TALK show HOST, are all about creating **(HYPE)**, and making the story BIGGER than life, to generate rating...and to get the PUBLIC to listen and read their stories.

Once again. MEDIA, STOP IT already! And the ***(PUBLIC)*** has to speak up and say STOP it MEDIA and GOVERNMENT! And the general PUBLIC have to be SMARTER than them and NOT allow the MEDIA to dictate to the public how WE see things!)****************Pete

Michael

The fact that John Mayer can play guitar does not make him qualified
to talk about anything. If he had not slept with "famous" woman."
no one would care... Come to think of it, his poppy songs are
kiss and tell too ( Your Body is a Wonderland)

Clear as can be

John - you have Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Follow this link. Read everything this guy has written. You may be able to bring personality disorders like this into the bright light of day and be remembered forever as the person who saved millions. Check out this link. http://samvak.tripod.com/npdglance.html

johnniecomelately

32 year old that needs a good spanking!

anon

Why apologise? he wouldnt have said it if he didnt mean it he knew it was going to be published. he's a IGNORANT BUFFOON and his crocodile tears didnt fool me. Hopefully his career is headed for a chris brown meltdown. Btw he should apologise to kerry washington maybe if he did THAT he'd have some credibility.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8