Paula Abdul -- Stern 'Hates' American Idol, But ...

2/12/2010 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul finally declared her opinion on the Howard Stern situation this morning .... but moments after taking a stand, the former "American Idol" judge seemed to flip-flop worse than John Kerry.

Paula Abdul: Click to watch

It all went down when Paula was on her way in to a radio interview in Phoenix, Arizona when a cameraman -- not ours -- asked what she thought of Stern possibly taking over for Simon Cowell.

Paula's reply: "I don't think that's gonna happen ... I don't know ... funnier things happen."

When the cameraman asked why Stern would be qualified for the gig, Abdul responded, "He hates the show ... I don't even know why ... He doesn't hate a hundred million though."

FYI -- Simon is only reportedly making about $50 mil a season.

me

Since Paula is no longer this huge star, I assume she reads any article on TMZ about her, sooooo... If Paula listened to the Howard Stern show, she'd know Howard actually likes American Idol. He likes all the gay shows, you know Dancing with the Stars and all that disgusting junk they put on TV. The only reason Paula should not like Howard is because he fails to realize what Paula used to be. Paula used to be a dancer, Stern thinks she doesn't know one dance move. He also doesn't even think she toured, which I did have the pleasure to attend one of her concerts, and it was great.

Anyway, Howard will have to have 100 million in order to encourage him to move temporarily to California. So there's no reason to hate on Howard. He is just a finicky gay television judge. If you think he's a man into all this hardcore tv programming, you're wrong. He even had the Sanjayah movement. Who can forget that?

me

I just realized I sounded stupid in my post. I forgot Howard is singing on his opening song and I forgot Howard wrote a song. I also forgot Howard would have artist come into his show and he would listen to their crap music and judge if it's any good. I also am mad because I tried to pick him up about 10 years ago and he didn't want anything to do with me. He lied to me and told me he's married but if he's really the Howard Stern I want to carry the baby of, he would totally cheat on his whore wife with me because I'm a free slut. I don't need to be paid like whoever he was married to, if that!

Howard, call me already! I'm watching you, you're walking your dog right now. Isn't it cold outside?

Doug

I can't believe I'm going to say it, but i kind of miss her this season. That dirty old ho
Stern booooo

He would take it from cheesy and make it sleazy!

judi

I love Howard Stern. He would make a great replacement for Simon..
Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard...Howard

TRACKER

PARENTS AGAINST STERN,,,,THE FILTHY,OBSCENE,HUMAN PIG,,,,,,IS FORMED AND READY TO BEGIN PROTEST LIKE YOU,VE NEVER SEEN....REAL AMERICANS ,THE ONES WHO LIVE BETWEEN LA/NYC ,THE ONES WHO MADE IDOL A HIT SHOW...WILL NEVER ALLOW OUR BEAUTIFUL FAMILIES TO HAVE OUR HOMES INVADED BY THIS ANIMAL.PAULA.THE SHOW IS ALREADY DULL WITHOUT YOU.!!!

TRACKER

heres hoping next time arte the fool will do the job right..why put you poor mother thru this bullcrap over & over..i hate whiners.& and please arte take howard and rosie o'donnell with you..none of you will be missed...

buxxy

You mean Howard would 'STEAL' the show...he would be the only one worth watching...he'd trash the rest of judges in the process and I'd pay good money to see him do that. The entire AI show would change because Howard would do that...he has the power....he is GOD!!!

wackojacko

I like Stern...He can probably be a better judge and add some pizazz to the show...Surely he can't do a worse job than puguals drunk ass did...

wackojacko

LOL@ Lola...Howard already has a crazy stalker...

Nunya Bidness

First of all, haters, Howard is not a has-been - everything the man touches turns to gold. He puts out 5+ hours of LIVE radio each day, and he's entertaining the whole time... can't say that about any other personalities out there. Second, he loves American Idol and talks about it all the time. Third, Howard has been on radio for 3 decades - he obviously knows music, and has jump-started many a career. Idol would be lucky to have him on their team.

d

"Stern is a has been."
How can a has been get paid 100 million a year? He's no "has been" retard.

bigdumbgod

TRACKER -

Your LOUD CAPITAL comments and proclaimed hick pride suggest a bad batch of crystal meth. Go back to the bathtub, try again, don't leave it to Junior - he's too geeked out to get the recipe right.

Howard isn't going to take this stupid job, but it would make for great theater. Years ago, Ted Nugent pushed to purchase Musac - for the express purpose of shutting it down. The King of All Media just may have been able to do the same to the King of All **** TV. Oh well. AI sucks.

Put down the pipe, TRACK TRACK BABY!

Gary Dell'abate