Ex-Power Ranger Wants to Fight Van Damme

2/13/2010 10:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jean-Claude Van Damme -- the most badass fighting sensation of the 90s -- just got challenged to an MMA fight by a guy who used to fight puppets in spandex ... all over an incident from 15 years ago.

The guy issuing the challenge is former White Ranger Jason David Frank, who tells TMZ, he's had it out for Van Damme ever since 1995 when the Muscles from Brussels -- who had been Frank's childhood hero -- allegedly blew him off during the premiere of "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie."

As TMZ previously reported, Frank is now a scary-looking MMA fighter who has a fight next weekend in the Octagon -- and Van Damme is reportedly looking to make his own pro fighting debut ... so the timing couldn't be better for Frank to settle the score.

Frank claims he'll take Van Damme "anytime, anyplace, anywhere" -- and "if [Van Damme's] too scared to come into the Octagon, I'll even take him on in a kickboxing match."

So far, no comment from Van Damme's camp.

Bonny Pagel

Let me Tell yall Something You all talk big and dont even know him. I do For 5 years. I babysitted HIS DAUGHTER AND MY GRANDSON TAKES KARATE FROM HIM.HE CAN KICK ALL OF YALLS BUTS.I SEE HIM TRAIN. I KNOW WHAT HES GOT. PLAYING WITH PUPPETS YOU WILL THINK PUPPET. WATCH AND SEE FUNNY HOW YALL TALK AND DONT EVEN KNOW CRAP.

marcus

first!

Nameless

LOL. Oooookay, Mr Power Ranger pick fights with the old guy with the coke habit.

ashley

The man just won his first MMA I think he could take Van Damme.

Joey

WHAT A #%*@&!@# TOOL... GET OVER IT YOU LOSER!

Icebaby

I like Frank. But, Van Damme would still kick some @ss. And anyone making fun of that dude for being a power ranger, obviously isn't aware that he is a real martial artist with good skills. Back in the day, Rob would have knock Tyson out with a kick. Probably was even a faster striker. What!

Waleed Al-Telbany

Van Damme is already going to fight an Olympic medalist champion named Somrak Kamsing in a Muay Thai challenge next October! So, somebody please tell that Power Ranger dude to find a chellout!

cindy

Who the hell does this guy think he is? Clearly he just wants some attention or else he wouldnt be name dropping guys he'd like to fight from back in the day!

I agree with #4 you are a tool and a big time douchebag.

lou-Cee

Just because you fight MMA ppl doesn't make you world class anything (Kimbo Slice). Are you kidding me??? Do some of you watch the garbage that most MMA fights are. I wouldn't be surprised if the bum Van Damme roundhouses this guy into tomorrow.

CriticAl

Terrible reporting, TMZ.

This guy is not affiliated with the UFC. He has one amateur fight with a rinky-dink Dallas organization. How you came up with the UFC and the Octagon is beyond me.

Jess

Van Damme will kick his ass. Seagal is the only guy who can beat up Van Damme in seconds.

carlos1390

all i know so far is that this guy is training with UFC trainer Melvin Guillard.

Matthew

I worked with Van Damme and he is not a real pro-fighter. There are several doubles who look nearly identical to Van Damme and do a lot of his moves. Van Damme has never won a real karate event anywhere. He got his start because he did a spin kick over producer Moshe Diamant's head outside a restaurant. But in a real fight he would get his butt kicked by any black belt. He's a trick pony who looks good on film but not a real fighter and he will never step in a ring to prove otherwise, because he is terrified.

Matthew

Here's what Wikipedia says about Van Damm. (Note that there are no actual fights or awards mentioned, because he has never fought professionally or even in amateur matches):

"After studying martial arts intensively from the age of ten, Van Damme achieved national success in Belgium as a martial artist and bodybuilder, earning the "Mr. Belgium" bodybuilding title."

Note: A body building title does not make you a fighter. It actually makes you slow. Proof is when Van Damme got beat up by Chuck Zito in a bar with one punch.

ex lax