Kevin Eubanks

May Bail on Jay Leno

2/16/2010 7:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kevin Eubanks -- the longtime bandleader on Jay Leno's "The Tonight Show" -- may leave the show once it re-emerges after the Olympics.

Kevin Eubanks May Bail on Jay Leno
K-EARTH 101
radio in L.A. first reported the story this AM. NBC has confirmed Kevin wants to tour and record and -- although he'll be there for Jay's debut next month -- his long-term prospects on the show are uncertain.

Jay Leno pictures

SKEET SKEET

I'm pretty sure you all thought that Randy Jackson was Michael's little brother when u started watching Idol. Kevin is not a F*&king SideKick, he is a musician. 17yrs. is long enough. The money is in the touring, not album sales. Alot of people still listen to jazz...

Bryan

Even Kevin knows when he should retire, Jay should learn from Kevin... GO TEAM COCO!!!!!

jfp

rat meet sinking ship.

I'MWITHCOCOFORREAL

Looks like someone else bought their "I'm with Coco" T-Shirt. :)

jen

As a musician, I totally understand. I wouldn't care how much status or money I was making playing with Jay. Sitting in a TV studio everyday, playing the sidekick, having to laugh at stupid jokes is completely humiliating & a total waste of Kevin's talent.
Everyone needs a change once in a while, especially musicians.

The Sinister Collector

Seems like a well paying gig. Unless he's made enough to retire....it's a dumb move.

Lilarose

Kevin, you came to our Britt Festivals in Jacksonville, Oregon and we in our valley loved it.

Why can't you tour occasionally like you have in the past?

I so want Jay's show to be back as it used to be. If you leave, you will lose me--I won't attend your performances!

UGGGGHHH

YOUR NOT GOING TO MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN.

OH, BY THE WAY, CONAN STILL SUCKS. GLAD HE IS GONZO....

shawn saunders

Kevin is (actually) sitting on about 20mil! Do the #'s. He obviously won't be missing any meals if he (does) leave.........

angel76

I don't blame him, he is probably tire of getting jerked around from one show to another. Anyway, Jay is an A$$, so why stick with him.

justSAYIN

He actually left 4 months ago, its just no one watches. It took awhile for the "news" to break...

Q

How long can he get gigs that will pay the bills by using the moniker "FORMER tonight show band leader"----how insulting...relying on "former" everywhere you go. He cant make new music that will sell and give him the fame and lifestyle he has enjoyed as the Present leader of the Band.

He's a fool to leave that gig...he should keep the gig and do his own things along the side, like Doc Severensen did.

Absolute idiot. He should get both financial and psychological advice.

King

I guess nobody remembers that the original bandleader of Leno's Tonight Show was Branford Marsalis. He was there a few years before he bailed.

tacky66

this guy was no ed mc mahan that is for sure
but the lady behind him with the big hair seems cool; jay leno should bring her up in kevin's seat
kevin better come forward with a statement, otherwise this is not going to look good for him.
leno doesn't need any deserters.

n2TMZ

Kevin makes $10,000/week and he wants to leave? Where do I apply?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments