I'm Gonna Ride It All Night Long

2/18/2010 2:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 56-year-old resurfaced at some event in Toronto recently, looking pretty.

Tom Cochrane

Believe it or not, Tom is still a popular singer in Canada.

In 2006, Rascal Flatts recorded a cover of "Life Is a Highway" for the animated film "Cars."

DavidD

ummm, he was already all growed up before, wasn't he?

Jezzy

That song annoyed me terribly and still does!

inkyminky184

Why is it that TMZ always seems surprised that a Canadian artist is still popular in Canada even though they only had one hit in the US? Most of these artists are popular in Canada long before they have hits in the States, and there are a some really great Canadian artists that have never been heard of in the US. Canada is a separate country after all...

Bluto

You do realize that Tom was the lead singer of Red Rider and sang the classic Lunatic Fringe.

JT

I saw Tom in concert two summers ago, and he's playing at one of the Olympic host venues in Vancouver today. Tom's been around for a long time, and will continue to be for a long time to come!

Whamo

He lives about 5 miles from me..I sat in his backyard once waiting for a friend after she looked after his kids...ya me!

Baby's Mama

still popular in Canada? I haven't hear of the guy since 1991, when I was 11... oh and I'm Canadian

Countrygirl

Chris LeDoux covered that song too, I didn't care for it no matter who sang it.

Lippy Loo

He looks like the dude from the band Flock of Seagulls, and he could something for the redness around his eyeballs.

muffy

He and his band still ROCK! He isn't in your face all the time because he is doing charitable work...un like many other musicians who are so self absorbed

AP

Tom Cochrane is a Canadian legend and humanitarian. He's released over a dozen albums between his solo work and with his band Red Rider. Anyone who's from Canada and hasn't heard of him is either not paying attention, or is just far too young. His music is still played regularly on classic rock radio across Canada...and on some of the more knowledgeable stations in the US. Tom hasn't quit by any stretch of the imagination...his talent goes far beyond words and music. Just another example of how shamefully LITTLE Americans know about Canada.