« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods Alleged Statement Leaked

2/18/2010 3:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A radio station reportedly got a leaked copy of the statement Tiger Woods will deliver tomorrow -- a statement which says "things have not worked out" between Elin Nordegren and him. To us the statement is a total fake, and Tiger's reps reportedly claim it's not the real deal.

Here's part of the alleged statement:

"Directly to the point there is no one to blame but me for the mess I have put my wife and family through. I accept total and complete responsibility. My wife and I have been trying to work things out but sadly things have not worked out."

It goes on:

"We have decided to live apart with me having mutually agreed upon times when I can be with our children."

Why would Tiger get into issues of custody and make his relationship with his wife a focal point? Feels totally fake.

And there's this ... the radio station credited with breaking the story, WYCD in Detroit, claim they had nothing to do with it and "has since taken it down."

Here's the full statement.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

PolarBear

Tiger isn't likely in a position to decide anything. So the release will more likely read like this (anticipatory paraphrasing, of course):
"Hi, it's Tiger Woods, hero of all gods. I hit balls around the park with a stick and I'm the President of Earth! Bitches stay out of my way! Elin gets 50%, so what! Buy Nike, and Rachel, see you on the boat! Now F-off everybody. Buy Nike! Buy Trojan! VIP's forever!"

time

As far as I am concerned he does not need to apologize to anyone. The only person to whom he should offer a sincere apology is his wife. I, as a member of the public, am not interested in hearing an apology. If he apologizes it will not be to me because he does not owe me an apology.
I do not believe in public humiliation. It does more harm than good. To rebuild his marriage on a strong foundation and it be representative of what a marriage should be without outside interference is all the needs to be done. It is the home base that is important; not the public's perception. After all the public is not a part of his marriage. Who does John Public think he is to judge them when he does not live with them.

messygirl

This has to be REAL! Of course a hugely famous multimillionare would surely hire some professional PR people to help him prepare this statement. And highly paid PR people would write something exactly this: filled with bad grammar, typos, run-on sentences, phrasing worse than a middle school kid who's flunking English, and repetitive phrases. Jesus, this piece of crap fake wouldn't even deserve a C in remedial English.

Pamela

Who the F cares! It may have been mildly entertaining when the story broke in Nov., but come on now...why do we need a Tiger update every single day??? Who doesn't know someone who has cheated??? I'm not saying it's right, but shouldn't be news...even in the "Celeb World". You can almost see the TMZ staff, running and giggling like little school girls as soon as they get a Tiger tidbit. Come on TMZ, man up and tell us some dirt on yourselves. We know out of all the staff, someone has lied, cheated and done much worse. No wonder Harvey couldn't hold down a "real job". No real company wants to employ a two-faced snitch.

GS

Obviously it's fake - it sounds awkward and there are grammer mistakes!! Some idiot slapped this together and now gets to have 15 minutes of fame for leaking this "statement"

hahaha!

JackieMichele

I hope this is NOT his real statement he planned to make. It's really sad when a man apologizes to his fans for his indiscretions but not the person he was actually married to.

London not England

THIS MAN DOESN'T OWE US ANY EXPLANATIONS!!!!

He apologized to his Wife....AND THAT's IT!!!!!!

He is a Golf pro....not the President (although people would LOVE Obama to be as scandalous so they could eat him alive)

SOME ONE PLEASE, PLEASE tell this young, nieve young "PLAYA" that he has made his $$$$ Fair & Square, and IF he as infidelity in his marriage, that's between him and his WOMAN....
NO NEED FOR PRESS CONFERENCE TO SAY ANYTHING...OTHER THAN When he'll be Playing Golf again!

That's IT!

Yvonne

I don't think Tiger is going to tell us something about his private life.

I BE DARNELL

LEARNING TO SPELL WITH "DARNELL JACKSON".....TODAY WE GOIN TO...

way2quiet

Seems to me that Tiger needs better handlers. A ten year old could write a better, more heartfelt apology (the punctuation and grammar sucks).

On that note, who cares who he sleeps with. It's his PRIVATE life and has zero impact on his ability to play golf. Parents can use him an example that being a good person has NOTHING to do with money or athletic ability...we need to stop idolizing the rich/famous. It only leads to feeling let down when we realize they are human too.

kat

Whot the F#$@ cares, really seriously everyone get a life if this is interesting get out more and live YOUR life whio gives a crap what he did, or what hes gonna say about it, its on every freakin channel wow

Ray

FAKE...

It finishes with him saying "Tiger Woods"???

It also contains grammar errors that wouldn't be in such a statement. "between my wife and I" should be "me".

OhMy

Who cares? I don't want to hear his fake apology, not that he should even make one. He is just sad he got caught, it got out, and he is losing money silly like with all his sponsors walking out on him. So in making it appear he is curing himself of his sluttiness and apologizing to the world, he hopes to get some cash back. He is a golfer, if he wants to play, then he should play... the fact that we now know he is a douche and not a good husband/father has nothing to do with his job. If his wife stays or leaves is no one's business. I can tell you that if it were my husband, he'd live to regret it.

tiger'smomaphonytoo

Tiger screwed his own career, screwed his wife and kids, screwed his mob of whores, screwed his sponsors.

Supreme in his "screwing" is the fact that he created a fraud on the public by creating, what now is a ridiculous illusion of loving and caring for his family.

It was a publicity stunt over and over and over again that for some unknown reason was NOT reported by the media.

He can golf until the end of the world, but any speech from his mouth is a speech from a controlling self-absorbed idiot who laughs AT his fans, laughs AT the media, and laughs AT his sponsors.

Maybe he should look in the mirror and laugh AT the Jerk from Hell.

Janet

Yes, it hasn't worked out because I'm pompous, period.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments