'Deadliest Catch' Star Busted for DUI

2/19/2010 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

'Deadliest Catch' Star Jake HarrisTMZ has learned "Deadliest Catch" star Jake Harris is currently behind bars -- after cops say the 24-year-old got into a car crash while intoxicated late last night.

Washington State troopers have confirmed that Jake -- whose father Captain Phil Harris passed away earlier this month -- was arrested in Seattle on suspicion of DUI, hit and run, and driving with a suspended license ... all three misdemeanors.

Jake was taken to a nearby jail, where he was booked.

Bail was set at $1,500.

chris

What he did was irresponsible, but he is undeserving of some of the overly harsh comments in here. Don't act like you've never f*ck'd up in your life before or that you've never been irresponsible.

He wasn't even involved in a "crash", he rear-ended an unattended (parked) car. That has happened to me and i wasn't even drunk. Some people drink and drive coming from a party. I'm not saying it's ok, because it's not, but the last time you did something irresponsible, what was your reason then? .. This guy's father just died unexpectedly. They thought he was making an amazing recovery and then he just died like that, surprising them. Don't say you didn't do this and that when you lost someone special. If so, good for you. But don't think you're better than him just because he is unable to cope with grief as well and as responsibly as you.

What this guy needs is help/suppor and not your judgment. Let him sit in jail, though, so he can think about what he has done.

To jake, do your father proud. He wouldn't want you like this.

a long time Leno fan!

Jake, stay strong! Look for a support system/group who wants nothing from you except to support you during your difficult loss. Take it easy and pull yourself together the best you can. Everything always works out, regardless! Take it easy.

Steve

He was always a smart arse. He put his dad in the grave with all the stress he put on him. If he meets a 'girl' in prison, it'll wipe that smirk off his face.

sensible grandma

ALTHOUGH THERE IS NO EXCUSE, YOU MUST UNDERTSTAND THAT HE IS HURTING. YOU ALWAYS THINK YOUR PARENTS WILL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YOU, UNTIL IT HAPPENS. CUT HIM SOME SLACK AND GET HIM THE HELP HE NEEDS TO DEAL WITH HIS GRIEF OVER THE LOSS OF HIS FATHWER. STAY STRONG!!!!!

Belladonna

AWWW Jake! I can hear his dad saying it! Your suppose to make your dad proud and take over the wheel and capt. chair. I hope you can work thru this.

Jeannie

This is so sad and troubling to see when you see Phil's son is suffering. We all grieve in different ways, but it would be an even greater loss to the family if something happens to Ryan. Ryan it may seem imposable to get through the grief of loosing someone who is a part of you. Hang in there and get the help you need to help you deal with the grief. Your dad was tough and he needs you to be tough now that he is not here to take care of The Cornelia Marie. He needs you to carry on for him. He is always with you in spirit.

terry jonon

"Take over his dads ship" He and his brother could find there way around a bath tub let alone the bering sea.

Doug DiPlacido

I sympathize with Jake on the loss of his father. However, I think he had DUI's before his father passed away. He had a suspended license( was it due to a previous DUI?). He needs to get into a program and get himself straightened out before he kills someone or himself.

21sterling

Though this is sad, If this hadbeen a non-white person in this story all these "poor guy just lost his father" comments would read... "This is what happens when blacks go out" or "I hope they lock his spic ass in jail."

Marie

His Dad just died. Give the kid a break. He didn't harm anyone else or I would say differently. If you haven't lost your Father at as young an age as Jake did, shut the eff up. I lost my father three years ago when I was 22 and it is a lot harder to handle than when you're older. What we see on camera isn't everything. I'm sure the producers love painting his as the black sheep. There is no good or bad... no one has the right to judge. All my thoughts and good wishes go to Jake.

Jenn

Sorry about everything in ur life Stay strong!! UR ssoo hot 2 so please b careful!!!!

jessie hancock

I pray Jake seeks the help he needs.He admitted to his dad he had an addiction just before his dads stroke..I pray he has the support and encouragement of family to seek help and succeede.GOD BLESS U JAKE,praying for you. Gina from TEXAS

bill

fu people hes a ingrate he should die too. what a piece o ****. attention at anyones risk what it comes down to. go suck one bitches

AMY

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? JAKE IT IS TIME TO GROW UP!!! YOU HAVE UR WHOLE LIFE AHEAD OF YOU AND YOU GO AND DO SOMETHING STUPID LIKE THIS!!!!!! I KNOW UR FATHER IS LOOKING DOWN FROM HEAVEN AND HE IS VERY DISSAPPOINTED IN YOU!!!!!! TIME TO GROW UP U R AN ADULT ACT LIKE ONE!! SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!

karen

I too lost my father to pancreatic cancer. I get it! Things will get easier. We never forget and often stay lost for a long time but one day you'll wake up and find that day is the new day you've been waitng for. Good Luck Honey!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments