Fantasia Barrino

High Alert

After Hate Mail

2/20/2010 10:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Fantasia Barrino is under a self-imposed lockdown -- after the "American Idol" champ received a threatening letter.

It all started last night at the Pantages Theater in L.A. -- Fantasia was reading her fan mail after a performance of "The Color Purple."

Fantasia's manager tells us Barrino became alarmed over a disturbing letter loaded with racial slurs -- including the n-word -- and a line that read, "go back where you came from and die."

We're told the person who wrote the letter claims he used to work as a security guard for Fox while Fantasia was on "A.I."

Fantasia's manager tells us the singer immediately contacted theater security -- which then contacted the LAPD.

In the meantime, we're told the theater has "beefed up" security around Fantasia -- and all over the venue -- and will be screening anything sent to Barrino's dressing room before it gets to her.

Fantasia tells TMZ, "I will not be defeated by one isolated person's hatred."

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

latonya brown

fantasia you bieng the wonderful person you are you will make it through all of this drama just keep your head up and keep believing in god and you will be just fine..

angie

Fantasia is a sweet person who got caught up in a guy mess. she not the first woman nor is she gonna be the last to go through this. pray for her and the rest of us women.Fantasia keep your head up i love you.....

Denise

Wow!! Some People Are So Clueless ,Narrow Minded,Self Absorbed Air Heads. They Say The Most Idiotic Words. I Am Trying to Stay away From The Word DUMB!!! (Comments) EVER! Don't Like Obama,DEAL WITH IT HE IS YOUR PRESIDENT LIKE IT OR NOT!!!!I Didn't Care For Bush But He Was What He Was My President. Whether I Liked It Or Not Fantasia Is A Public Figure Not A Superior Being So (Fantasia) Makes Mistakes As Do Others So Don't Crucify Her, As Who Ever Yor Are Don't Want To Be Crucified Ourselves!!!!!!

taya

@ 13 florida, it's sounds to me you are un-educated your self. low self esteem, hating the fact that she has made it to the top. She made SOMETHING out of NOTHING. what can you say about yourself. Its takes a real woman and strong minded person to make life, and be happy with what one has achieved. You more than likely have or had goals in life that you still havent achieved. Stay focused on them you may make something of it...

Denise

My Apologies To You And Others Miss Taya For Not Making Myself CLEAR , I'm Not Bashing Miss Barrino AT ALL, I Was Talking To Those Who Had Negative Responses To The Article Posted Regarding The Hate Mail She Received. I'm Happy To Miss Fantasia Barrino Have Success, Much Deserved And I Applaud Her. But If I Can Recall The Post I Made I Don't Understand Why You Would Think I Was Against Her At All. And For You To Think That I Was Against Her Doesn't Say Much About Your Education Level In My Opinon. Now I Can Say This Much Some Things In Your Post Ring True, But Make No Mistakes When I Say I Am A CONGRATULATOR And Not A HATER. (NEVER THAT)

taya

@ DENISE, EVERYTHING i SAID MAKES ALOT OF SENSE, I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY FLORIDA (COMMENT # 13) WOULD HAVE TO MAKE IT A POINT TO RE-ANNOUNCE SHE IS UNABLE TO read , I FEEL LIKE THAT WAS RUDE. BUT ENOUGH OF OUR DEBATE- CAUSE THERE IS NOT ONE THIS IS ABOUT FANTASIA..
THIS COMMENT I MADE WAS NOT EVEN FOR YOU SO CHECK WHO I SENT IT TO. PAY ATTENTION MORE NEXT TIME. READ CAREFULLY DENISE NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE TO ANYINE THIS IS WHAT PPL DO.SPEAK THIER PERSONAL OPION.. HAVE A BLESSED DAY, ILL PRAY FOR YOU AND OTHERS

MISTY

I KNOW THAT GOD IS THE ONLY PERSON, THAT CAN REALLY JUDGE US ALL. SO TO FANTASIA, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK,I LOVE YOU R MUSIC, YOUR VOICE IS AMAZING, IF YOU LISTEN TO WHAT NEGATIVE PPL HAVE TO SAY ALL THE TIME, YOU'LL NEVER GET ANYWHERE, ESPECIALLY IF YOUR A WEAK MINDED INDIVIDUAL. THE WORLD CAN BE A REALLY CRUEL PLACE TO BE,BUT HEY, YOU HAVE A GOD GIVEN TALENT AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT. BE BLESSED, STAY STRONG, AND PROSPER. LIVE LONG LIVE ON FANTASIA . LUV MISTY!

allofgospel

Hate if you want, You cant take her money nor her fame away, she earned it and it's hers TO GOD BE THE GLORY. If you noticed she was on this flight along time ago (meaning as a little girl) so Hard work pays off. Now get your pay off.

Lady T

Fantasia has no talent @ all!! She can't sing and is not attractive in no way shape or form..

She ought to be ashamed of herself for getting involved with a man that is not only beneath her but working at a dame Tmobile store come on how disgusting is all this bullcrap..

Her ass should be sued for dating a married looser to begin with what exactly does that say about her to all of her fans!!!!

vanessa

who knows if this man ever told fantasia he was married till it got deep and hot. God is the judge.why isn't his wife not getting on her husband? fantasia is not the blame alone.file a suit on him not fantasia.if mr. cook had been dating a woman with less money i guaruntee you this wouldn't be public.that is her way out. i am so tired of haering and reading negative stories.

REV. RAY johnson

FANTASia keep your head up GOD hasnot brought you this for nothing Jesus love you and thats what counts if GOD befor you who can be against you. am praying for all those haters. and will keep you in our prayers at CLEVET SPRING CHURCH. pastor JOHNSON WALDO ARKANSAS.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9