Will Ferrell

Sorry Jay Leno,

I'm Calling in Sick

2/20/2010 7:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Conan O'Brien's pal Will Ferrell is in no hurry to make an appearance on "The Tonight Show" once Jay Leno takes back over. In fact, if Leno comes a callin' ... Ferrell said he might conveniently call in sick.

Will Ferrell
Will made the comments on the Todd N Tyler Radio Empire morning show in Omaha yesterday.

During the interview, they asked Will if he thinks Leno would still have him on the show since he's such a Team Coco kind of guy ... and he said, "I don't know. My vote's with Conan."

But in the case Will actually gets the invite, he said, "I may have a cold ... I may have a sore throat."

Toots McGee

... and so it begins. He won't be the first to snub Leno.

fatherlandsilk.com

fatherlandsilk.com

elle

Will Farrell.........don't like him....don't care....he's corny....

Nancy

Will Ferrell is no big deal. Why is this even a conversation. He is a terrible actor. All juevenile roles for a man his age. Jay would do us all a favor by not inviting this D list clown.

Nitro

Farrell, get a life. NBC canned Conan, not Leno.

UGGGGHHH

Will Ferrell who the hell cares what you think. You are not funny and a loser.
Leno was not going to invite you on his show anyways. Especially that last poor idiotic performance on obriens last show.
Go away Ferrell.

Who Dat!!!

Who the heck ever said you were getting an invite anyways you egotistical, unfunny loser?????

TV Gord

I'm not exactly Will's biggest fan, but I love that he's sticking by Conan...and sticking it to Jay. Jay passes himself off as "the nice guy", but it's great to see his true colors FINALLY showing with this mess he's in now. He bulldozes over anyone who gets in his way. He did it to one of his best friends (Letterman), now he's done it to Conan. I wish Leno nothing but failure in the future. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy the next year or so.

Pat

Don't blame Leno, Conan didn't get the rating and got canned. Blame NBC for this mess. They should never have taken Leno off the Tonight Show

Zorch

Jay is going to do just fine.
He is not going to be or has he ever been
a favorite with 20-30 year olds or people
who think like that demographic.

There's room for everyone on TV. Conan
will likely have a new show and those who
like him can watch that show.

Conan did much better with the audience he
had at 12;30 although Craig F. was catching up
at the end of Late Night with Conan O'Brien.

I don't think Jay's demographic cares about Will
Farrell.

Good luck to Jay on the Tonight Show and good luck to
Conan wherever he ends up.

ss

Will Farrell disturbs me, he's not funny at all either. Dumb comedy. Please, do us a favor, stay away from Leno.

Maniacal Zebra

That's certainly his choice. If he needs to promote something and chooses not to promote it on Jay, it's on him. I would think that an "actor" would want to do as much promotion for a project as possible, but if he's happy to alienate those who are firmly behind Jay, he's free to do that.

Nate

HAHAHAHAHA, look at all the Leno apologists. You must all love his jokes for the 65+ audience with no semblance of an edge.

Jay

Yea, glad he won't be on Jay for I'd have to turn the station. Can't stand Farrell, he is as gross or grosser than Conan, with all his stipping down and sticking his ass in Conan's face. Wouldn't surprise me of they're bedmates, their grossness deserves each other. Have either of them realized their wives are with them only because of the money? A couple of talentless sickos that got lucky somehow.

La Toya Jackson