« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

The Undertaker Survives Fireball to the Face

2/22/2010 12:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Not everything in wrestling is fake -- and last night during a WWE event, a real fire mishap engulfed The Undertaker in flames!

The Undertaker: Click to watch
In a truly scary moment during the Elimination Chamber event in St. Louis, some rogue pyrotechnics went off during The Undertaker's entrance -- and the WWE star was caught in the middle of a giant fireball.

But instead of doing the stop, drop and roll, the wrestler shook it off, threw his jacket to the floor and entered the ring.

We're told he was checked by medics before his match -- and his only injury was comparable to a sunburn on his chest.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

starcasmdotnet

See the video from the other side of the stage!

KidKazoombaisFake

@KidKazoomba
>Having a life
>Arguing over TMZ.com
>Saying that the fire was fake because it's a Pro-Wrestling event.

HAHAHAHAH You're one funny kid.
Seriously, people like you give "WAAAAY" too much credit to pro-wrestling for being such a "safe" and "well-planned" environment that no matter what, accidents won't happen and everything that goes on is part of the plan for them to troll us. Another i want to know is how do you fake fire hmm? You must be the expert that knows so much about wrestling, so tell me?

Takerslady

To the one who posted about him burning to a crisp....well obviously he and all the others are making millions of dollars while you sit at home twiddling your thumbs. And there's nothing gay about watching wrestling...it's sports entertainment like baseball,basketball,football etc. It's no different if your watching two women greased up wrestling...except when fans watch the men wrestling they don't worry about the sexual euphoria of it...both men and women...

FYI before you talk I am a girl.

anyway I am glad Taker is alright...I've been a big fan since he debuted in WWF and hope he continues to kick ass till he can't nomore.

holmgren

you guys are getting trolled by KidKazoomba. lulz.

Lerick

HAPPY TO KNOW HE'S OK.

AND IM F**KING SICK OF PEOPLE SAYING WRESLTING IS FAKE, EVERYONE KNOW'S THIS, NOTHING NEW, THATS JUST A LAME EXSCUSE TO DISS WRESTLING.

ALSO, EVEN THOUGH I AINT WATCHED WRESTLING IN A VERY LONG TIME, TAKER ALWAYS REMAINED MY FAVORITE, MUCH RESPECT TO HIM FOR THAT.

Lerick

AND TO THE IDIOT(S), WHO SAID HIM BURNING ON FIRE WAS FAKE, STOP TALKING OUT YOUR ASS, AT LEAST DO A LITTLE GOOGLE SEARCHING, BEFORE SOUND LIKE A BUFFOON.

HIM BEING BURNT UP WAS NOT AN "ACT"

cowbulls

Wrestling, Die Hard, Mission Impossible, Cowboys and Indians, etc. are all fake. Wrestling is great entertainment and Mark Calloway is a great entertainer.

Dixie

I love The Undertaker,I'm so glad he is going to be ok.

KidKazoomba you sure talk alot of smack for a little troll. I bet you wouldn't talk all that smack to The Undertaker's face.

DeadmanFan4Life

I was there - sect 321, row A, and my video isn't nearly as close, but it's totally visible. He was burned. Anyone sitting as close as Sect 321 Row A (in the UPPER BOWL) can tell that the pyro is hot. I find it funny that folk that knock pro wrestling know nothing about it or don't CARE to know anything about - they totally reject it. It's ENTERTAINMENT people. Please grow up. People have DIED in accidents like this (Owen Hart), have become severely injured (Droz) and can no longer pursue their passion.

Been a 'Taker fan since 1990...thankful to God he wasn't hurt and that everyone got outta St. Louis unscathed.

darren

MARK, I HAVE WATCHED U SINCE UR DEBUT IN 1990 UR THE MAN!!! UR THE BEST AT WHAT U DO..UR SOO KUL TO WATCH WRESTLE..THERES NOTHING U CANT DO MY FRIEND..U WILL ALWAYS B THE BEST..THE WWE STOLE UR TITLE U NEED IT BACK BRO..VINCE MCMAHON IS AN IDIOT BUT, VERY RICH AND STEPHANIE IS VERY HOT!!! LUCKY FOR PAUL LEVESQUE..KEEP UP THE AWESOME JOB U DO..I HAVE ENJOYED U SINCE U CAME INTO WRESTLING..IM 43 AND WATCH U ALL THE TIME..UR WIFE IS HOT ALSO! A LOYAL FAN FROM SOUTH FL

rayman

Undertaker is straight bad ass.. bottom line (guy liner and all)!!

rayman

Taker rules ...stop hatin'!

rayman

I watched the event and saw the burn mark. No reason whatsoever to fake it.. it happened and taker took it like a solider

Lil Mama

First of all, shame on all of you "haters" for being so rude. No one deserves to be injured just because of their profession. If i could pull it off, I'd do it too! They make more in one year than I will in SEVERAL years!!

I by no means am a "fan" of wrestling, but my husband is. I have attended several events with him. If I were to pick a "favorite" it would be The Undertaker. God Bless his recovery process. And yes, it is fake, but so are all the movies that make MILLIONS of dollars their opening weekend. What's the difference?

Dark Maiden

Well I have read most of these comments and I have to say I am in shock that anyone can be as dumb as some of you seem to be, that you actually believe you can 'fake' fire in real life. This was not some movie CGI. That was a REAL man walking to a ring in front of REAL ppl. Being engulfed (twice) in REAL fire.

As to anyone saying he deserves to be burned due to being a wrestler, well there is nothing I can say to you that would matter, you are already showing yourself to be a piss-poor example of a human being and you'll have to live with that, as well as your family and anyone that is willing to call you a friend.

As to the man in question.

Wrestling has taken a lot of black-eyes over the last few years, from things that have happened in association to it, in and out of the ring. But, for once, it is good for ppl to see that within this industry there is, at least, one man that can be seen as model of what it means to be a Professional Wrestler. Mr. Calaway could have turned around and not wrestled. he could have held back and not given his all in the ring, he could have done any number of things (and been justified for them) but he did not. He went out there, endured pain few, (unless your a fire fighter) could deal with, and did his job. And because of that sacrifice I am reminded why I am a fan of Professional Wrestling. (Note: Not the wwe, perse)

Thank you Undertaker, for doing what you do, and showing the world and every other wrestler, what it means to be a pro.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments