Missing Actor's Dad to Meet with Vancouver Cops

2/23/2010 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Star trek star Walter Koenig"Star Trek" star Walter Koenig -- father of missing "Growing Pains" actor Andrew Koenig -- is leaving for Vancouver in a few hours to get briefed on the search for his missing son.

Walter tells TMZ his son's been depressed before ... but this is the first time he's straight up disappeared.

Walter and his wife plan to stay near Stanley Park, where their son was last seen on Valentine's Day.

Walter had been aware that Andrew cleaned out his Los Angeles apartment but had no idea his son planned to move to Vancouver ... which Andrew told friends before he disappeared.

According to Walter, Andrew told him he was only there to visit acting school friends.

Sad sad

Sounds like he just want's to be left alone for awhile.

NORMA D

CANNOT BELIEVE PEOPLE WOULD ACTUALLY MAKE FUN OF THIS SITUATION!THIS IS SERIOUS PEOPLE! HIS PARENTS MUST BE INSANE WITH WORRY. HOW CAN YOUALL BE SO INSENSITIVE? A MANS LIFE IS INVOLVED. A VERY DEPRESSED MAN. MAY GOD FIND IN IN HIS MERCY TO MAKE A WAY WHERE THERE IS NO WAY FOR HIS PARENTS TO FIND HIM ALIVE AND GET THE HELP THAT THEY WILL ALL NEED/

Amy

I joined his fan page on Facebook. I'm looking forward to his safe return!!! He will be welcomed back by thousands of fans with open arms!!!!

Earthling

Here's a really funny video Andrew made. You may have to scroll down the page a little. It's really funny though and I can just imagine what a wonderful person he is - funny, caring, activist, and loved by everyone.

carol

I do hope he finds his son safe and sound. On a lighter note, can't tell you how stunned I am to find out Chevkov's real last name is Koenig? He didn't look Jewish to me?

PolarBear

I hope this is just a case of someone wanting a "time out" to go for a walk with the cosmos, and that Andrew is otherwise doing fine.

Jake

If he moved to Vancouver because it is his place of solace, as he is reported to have said, hopefully he just went somewhere more rural until the Olympics craziness departs the area.

Not sure why he wouldn't tell anyone, but hopefully he just shut off his cell etc to spend some time in the woods. Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but it seems like too much of a conincidence that the Olympics are in town right when he needed to go there to find a more peaceful place. Not wanting to be around all that just seems like the most likely answer until some other evidence turns up.

RonBurgundy

This will be a closed casket funeral. Frozen bodies found hanging would challenge even the best undertaker.

I hope they find him before the buzzards get him.

RonBurgundy

Headline will read.... "Boner found stiff"

PolarBear

Response to Jake: you may be onto something. The area will be crawling with Olympic visitors 24/7 and so maybe Andrew left for the island for some solitude. Hotels and every other visitor service on the mainland will be very busy, if not booked up full. He's an actor. Maybe he's currently in character to avoid detection. Christ, would that be a challenge!

Allen Ridak

Good luck Mr Koenig

CarrieGlinda@live.com

I am very good, thanks! things are looking up at work and looking for a date message me via http://bit.ly/aVJIfh

meghan

I love walter, and I love his son. I hope he returns home. Sending blessings their way. My sister went missing for a week a few years ago, and missing a family member is the worst feeling you could ever go through.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2