Whitney Houston -- A Hot Mess in Australia

2/24/2010 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In a performance that can only be described as rocky at best, a sweat-drenched Whitney Houston attempted to sing her hit "I Will Always Love You" during a concert Monday night in Australia.

Whitney Houston

Whitney's weirdness reaches its peak right before she's supposed to hit the high note -- when she suddenly turns around, walks over to a table behind her, and then spends an excessive amount of time gearing up for the big finish.

When Whitney finally gets ready, she comes back to the mic and belts out the chorus to the song ... and let's just say she gets an E for Effort.

Shannon

That is not dramatic effect. Her band would have known. She had to signal them that she needed a break. Not to mention, the last time she was sweating buckets like that she was on drugs. Sad thing is, the break didn't even do her any good. She didn't hit the original note or anything near it. It is time to know when to bow out Whitney.

jolee

whats so hard to understand????
once a CRACK head ALWAYS a CRACK head

leese27

That's a shame. You can tell by the way she is walking that something is not right.. Don't know if it's drugs or drink, but she doesn't look like she's sticking with the program.
She's always prespired alot in her concerts though. Watch anything from the past and you'll see she's got a handkerchief in her hand or nearby.

Scroomy

God bless her!! She has lost so much. I wish her only the best.

MrsJoe

What a shame, she used to have everything- beauty and a voice to match. But she threw it away. But even when she was younger, she was so arrogant, I used to think how could someone so gorgeous and sing like an angel be such a lousy person inside? I think it shows now.

I'MWITHCOCOFORREAL

I agree with the first comment. Dramatic effect at its best. And it's pretty hot in Australia now, and she's wearing a suit. Give her a break, TMZ.

VinDog

Actually based on what I saw and heard, I belive she is on some kind of Opiate.
I, being a current non Opiate user, know the symptoms and she has them in Spades.
So sad!
I truly loved listening to her sing, back in the day.
Not any more...

Sue

Did anyone ever think this woman is going through menopause, and is having hot flashes !
Looks like it , to me.

freddy

poor her she sucked so bad, but i gotta give for her for at least trying .
beutifull song by the way

Linda Lovelest

** WAY TO GO Whitney! Take your time baby...you're worth every minute of it!

Holly

Dramatic effect my @ss. You don't turn around and do a load of dishes before you finish up your singing performance. 8>)

Confused

Oh dear. That was an awfully long pause if it was intentional.

ps I bet celebrities rue the day some person invented the camera phone. Every misstep on the internet 30 seconds later.

fastdriver

If her name wasn't with the story I would NOT have known who it was. She LOOKS DREADFUL!

you just don't get it

Dramatic effect. That's rich.

Mari

Sad to see her lifestyle choices in her past (and possibly present) are ruining her voice. I only see her as an addict
now.