Whitney Houston -- A Hot Mess in Australia

2/24/2010 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In a performance that can only be described as rocky at best, a sweat-drenched Whitney Houston attempted to sing her hit "I Will Always Love You" during a concert Monday night in Australia.

Whitney Houston

Whitney's weirdness reaches its peak right before she's supposed to hit the high note -- when she suddenly turns around, walks over to a table behind her, and then spends an excessive amount of time gearing up for the big finish.

When Whitney finally gets ready, she comes back to the mic and belts out the chorus to the song ... and let's just say she gets an E for Effort.

Abby

no doubt in my mind, she still on drugs, its written all over. when she came on ophra, i knew it that she is only deceiving us, I respect her talent but this lady i sstill taking cracks............

samper

PAINFUL to watch!

That was no "dramatic effect". That was WASTED WHITNEY.

I don't know any other profession in the world that gives a pass on showing up wasted like that.

Especially NOT one that pays the obscenely handsome salary that keeps her on crack.

Pathetic. Absolutely PATHETIC.

I'd demand my money back.

Straight Talkin Texan

I seem to recall reading/hearing that when she was on drugs, she would sweat a lot. I hope she's not doing drugs again.

Lena

Whitney is pathetic. It is sad to watch has-beens come back and think nothing has changed. Reality Bites. Just gracefully exit or play small venues and get out of denial. You had your chance and you blew it.

I BE DARNELL

MAYBE SHOULD HAVE HAVE WOODSHEDED THE GIG ...ON MARS ....BEFORE ..BRING IT TO THIS PLANET.....BLOATED CRACK/HEAD WITH A THERMO/ECU. ISSUE.....ALL THAT REVERSE BAD KARMA.....WE...ALMOST HAD IT ALL.....YEAHHH......!

mel

Whitney is fighting demons like we all do at one time or another in our life. It's better not to even start with drugs because it is so hard to get off just like with smoking or any other habits. Praying for you Whitney.

JLS

One word here-relapse. It's okay. She's worked incredibly hard at getting her sobriety back. Life isn't that easy. It's to be expected that there are setbacks. I wish you well, Whit. We all love you-get help NOW before it really gets you upside down.

Deenie

While I do think part of the pause is for effect, and partly because she's overheated from having the wrong wardrobe for this time of year in Australia, she is probably, quite publicly going through menopause.

Vietnamvisa24h

She used drugs and lost his angel voice. What a pity!

the seer

LADY SINGS THE BLUES...THE SEQUEL!

Dave

It's pretty obvious what she's doing with her back turned. #19 got it right, she's puting something up her nose.

lolokailey

EVERYTIME I WATCH OR LISTEN TO WHITNEY ON TV I FEEL SO EMBARRASED FOR HER ASS. SHE IS THE MOST ARROGANT BITCH I HAVE EVER WATCHED. SHE MAKES A FOOL OF HERSELF ALL OVER THE PLACE. SHE NEEDS TO GIVE IT UP THE DRUG ADDICT DRUNK!!!
GIVE IT UP YOU IDIOT YOU ARE A BAD INFLUENCE!!!

Ronster

Shades of Elvis. Will she soon be found dead on her toilet with a ham sandwich in her hand?

You likka the juice

She's the female, black version of Elvis in his last years. The body (and brain) can only take so much. Sad.

Olivia

Ya, Im thinking that was for affect too but that was a back up singer hitting that high note... I can picture her, standing off stage right....