Whitney Houston -- A Hot Mess in Australia

2/24/2010 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In a performance that can only be described as rocky at best, a sweat-drenched Whitney Houston attempted to sing her hit "I Will Always Love You" during a concert Monday night in Australia.

Whitney Houston

Whitney's weirdness reaches its peak right before she's supposed to hit the high note -- when she suddenly turns around, walks over to a table behind her, and then spends an excessive amount of time gearing up for the big finish.

When Whitney finally gets ready, she comes back to the mic and belts out the chorus to the song ... and let's just say she gets an E for Effort.

Dirt Burger

Wow, how the mighty have fallen. 20 years ago she was great at the Super Bowl, now she wouldn't even be chosen to go to Hollywood on American Idol.She really lost her pipes.

Enough Already

STOP HATING. THE BAD WEATHER CAUSED HER CRACK VOICE. I MEAN CAUSED HER VOICE TO CRACK.

Enough Already

I AM CONCERNED ABOUT HER SWEATING.

jan

I would LOVE to believe that she's not on drugs, but I cannot. Oh how I wish it weren't so.

Annie

Looked like a hotflash to me. Seriously. She's older, under the lights, and under pressure to sound great. It might be crack, but it might just be Mother Nature...who doesn't care if you're in the middle of a concert or not.

Kimposter

SHOCKING!!!! Sweaty bunnz.

seriously

Poor Whitney. Maybe it is a hot flash, who knows, but would that take her voice away? I wonder what it is she is doing when she is turned around...looks suspicious, and all the sweating,...sad, very sad.She should stay off stage until she cleans up her act, why pay money to see that???

Enough Already

DIDN'T WE ALMOST HAVE IT ALL

Sammy

Time for Whitney to RETIRE SHE SUCKED!!!!

Allen Ridak

Maybe she's just drunk. Tends to happen when you go to Oz. Australians are well known for their borish, drunken behaviour

Mariah

#84 Bella:

You are right. She has always been a "sweater". Even on late night TV performing only 1 song or whatever she would always get this "sheen" on her upper lip. That is how I knew she really sang at the Super Bowl...I know they had a track in the background in case of sound problems like they do with all Super Bowl acts but you can always see Whitney's veins bulging in her neck and she always sweats when singing live. At least it is LIVE...

w

I think it was done on purpose, I liked it, I thought it was great!, I dont think shes on drugs anymore, My Mom seen her in concert back in 91 or 92, said she was unbelievably amazing, I think this was intentional, I thought it was awesome what she did.

Chris

Bobby Brown ruined a national treasure. He should be locked up and the keys thrown away. If not for him, she would have never ended up addicted to drugs.

Enough Already

I'M EVERY WOMAN. IT'S ALL IN ME

tammy

Please stop whitney we can't take it anymore.You have lost your voice PLEASE RETIRE!