Body Found -- May Be Andrew Koenig

2/25/2010 8:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: CNN is confirming the body is that of Andrew Koenig.

A body believed to be that of missing "Growing Pains" star Andrew Koenig was found by police in Vancouver.

According to police, the body was discovered in Stanley Park today at around noon.

Andrew has been missing since February 14.

A news conference is scheduled for 5:00 PM PT. Andrew's parents are supposed to attend.

Story developing...

ilove95037

Whether the body is Andrew Koenig's or not, someone has died. He was somebody's son. I feel bad for WHOEVER's family claims this body.

Bobo Frog

That's sad. Larry King must feel like a horse's arse right about now.

KP

#10 - me too. They probably found identification on his body, coupled with the fact that they've been looking for him.

Dumb Surfer Guy on TMZ

Where is Mike Seaver on all this?

Lee

Molly, EXCELLENT IDEA! I am going to do it, TMZ can you put up some links or something where people can donate to help people that have depression/mental illness. Even the homeless shelters could use it, that is where many suffering has ended up.

Rishi

Harvey Levine is gay

Bob

While I hope it turns out not to be Andrew Koenig, I understand regardless some family out there is bereaved. This is sad news no matter how it turns out.

tantan

If this is him, one of his friends called it last night. I saw one of his longtime friends being interviewed. And she said that if he killed himself he would do it in a park, or some kind of wilderness area. She doubted they would find his body in a motel or anything.

BGL

I had hoped that this would end better. I really hope this is not him, but if it is I am profoundly sorry. There is nothing worse than losing a child; and worse to suicide.

Bob

Rishi has a fine grasp of the obvious. Further news: The sky is blue and the grass is green. More at 11.

Jamaican Sam

Police believe a body found at noon today in Stanley Park is that of missing actor Andrew Koenig.

Vancouver Sun

They were in it for the money

Sad sad news. Yea, if the parents are doing a conference, then they already know. Weren't they just in that park yesterday? So close and yet so far away. Prayers for the family. such a loss.....

stan

His poor family.

TOREN

WHAT CHANNEL IS NEWS CONFERENCE??? GEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ TMZ! even if u had no idea...couldnt u have said such????????

stan