Body Found -- May Be Andrew Koenig

2/25/2010 8:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: CNN is confirming the body is that of Andrew Koenig.

A body believed to be that of missing "Growing Pains" star Andrew Koenig was found by police in Vancouver.

According to police, the body was discovered in Stanley Park today at around noon.

Andrew has been missing since February 14.

A news conference is scheduled for 5:00 PM PT. Andrew's parents are supposed to attend.

Story developing...

scum bag TMZ

terribly terribly sad! such pain he must have been in to want his life to end, such pain and aftermath for his loved ones to have to cope and deal with.

RIP, Andrew!

mags

@sleeper. i hope when you die someone writes 'yawn' on the internet because you are that boring.

i've watched for days as friends have put out the call for information for andrew.

it doesn't matter that it's him - or anyone. he was a human being and you are an a**hole.

jay

Don't care if CNN confirmed it, will wait until TMZ does.

Canadian

That is too bad. I am very sad for his family and the other people who loved him. Condolences.

SSinOC

Sounds like he'd been planning this for a while. I'm sure that the parents knew that this is where things were heading and were getting very desperate to stop it. It's unfortunate that it had to lead to this along with all the suffering his friends and family will endure. RIP.

Jerry Martin

CNN confirmed it a little while ago. This sucks. We had a suicide in my family too and my heart goes out to those who loved him.

Scroomy

R.I.P Andrew!!! May you now have the peace you couldn't find here on earth.

notwitstupidanymore

Very sad. My prayers go out to his family.
Not a good Birthday for me, hearing this news.

Scroomy

R.I.P Andrew! May you now have the peace you could not find here on earth.

M

Some of these comments are so repulsive..I guess the miserable, heartless losers on here who find it necessary to mock this man's death are not intelligent enough to face the fact that their own lives seem to be lacking and projecting the hatred they feel about themselves towards a dead man makes them feel better..you should be ashamed of yourselves and it is people like you that are a big part of why humanity has gone to hell..that's your destination..have a good trip

Bren

So sad, but it wasn't a shock to hear. I had suspected this given the background on the matter. RIP Andrew.

Shannon

I was afraid that was his plan. I hope he has found some peace. My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family. : (

deedeedark

Sad sad

The thing that get's me is that he did the classic check list of getting ready for suicide and no one paid attention? Rarely does one blatantly say they are going to kill them self unless they are really trying to get help/want to live. Besides the depression leaving shoes/gifts, getting rid of everything, leaving notes, giving back stuff to people. I knew where this story was going but was kind of hoping he was just flipping the bird at everyone for awhile. Tragic.

Mary

To Lola and anyone like her (without) feeling or compassion...

Yes, there are "sensitives" on the Planet who are here to transmute heartless and ignorant non-awareness energy like yours. "Sensitives" (feel) everything and, yes, they are authentically (psychic) and, although many are awakening right now, the masses on the Planet are lagging behind as they continue the same old greed and walk around like zombies with hearts of stone.

R.I.P., beautiful angel Andrew Koenig!