Body Found -- May Be Andrew Koenig

2/25/2010 8:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: CNN is confirming the body is that of Andrew Koenig.

A body believed to be that of missing "Growing Pains" star Andrew Koenig was found by police in Vancouver.

According to police, the body was discovered in Stanley Park today at around noon.

Andrew has been missing since February 14.

A news conference is scheduled for 5:00 PM PT. Andrew's parents are supposed to attend.

Story developing...

Bob

If police have been searching Stanley Park, I'm surprised they only found one body; I would pick it as a popular spot for some people to end their days. But, then again, perhaps I jump to conclusions.

???????????????????????

oh my god...how sad is this...my prayers and thoughts go out to the family. REST IN PEACE ANDREW!

PLady100

So sad. I figured it would end up this way. I feel so sorry for him and his family. This is one of the reasons I went in to psychology. It hurts me to think that someone is so lonely and hurting that it comes to this. (if in fact, this was his own doing)

Nitsirk

My heart breaks for his family. I've known his father for many years, and I can't imagine the heartbreak they're experiencing right now.

me

why have people been leaving jokey comments and still are, at least now its lightened up i assume, havent read them yet, but people are just joking about this. he was depressed. i feel terrible for the worried parents. RIP

Monica

This is sad... my heart goes out to the family and his friends.

I just learned that a young woman that was kidnapped 3 weeks ago her in Norway was found dead. The kidnapper had killed her the same day...her body had been laying in the woods under the snow the hole time...

YourMomma

So sad. I was hoping this would not be the outcome, I feel horrible for his parents. Now, about why they walked out on Larry King.....they must've had word..I don't know why people are saying his parents were running his life....but if he was THIS depressed, maybe it was for his own good. Don't JUDGE, people!

Fredo

R.I.P., Andrew. God bless and help his family and dearest friends.

Earthling

@sad sad. I don't think anybody knew he was selling his stuff until it was too late. My guess is that he mailed the letter to his dad on 2/14 (Sun) which got postmarked on Monday the 15th after he was probably already gone. I heard comments like, "who uses snail mail when there's email." and I suspected then that he killed himself and wanted the letter to arrive after.

lanisha

Also think about donating to NAMI - National Alliance for Mental Illness. They provide support for the families of people with mental illness and depression affects everyone.

Sandy Underpants

At least his parents will finally get on Larry King now.

UGGGGHHH

Andrew Koenig's parents walked off LARRY KING. I don't blame them either. Larry only gave them 2 MINUTES to be on his show. GIVE ME A BREAK.
What can you say in 2 minutes for his missing son. Larry it seems didn't care or he would of given them at least 30 minutes to say what was on their mind and ask the public for help in finding their son who was in need of help with his depression.
My heart goes out to his family.

RONNIE

TMZ is behind again! R.I.P. Andrew!

lost in lalaland

That's just sad. I'm sorry he felt he had no better options.

mary

Oh, what a sad ending to this story. That is one thing with depression - you never know if they are serious about "ending it" or not. My ex had depression and was constantly saying he was going to "end it" - but you never knew when he was serious. My prayers go out to Andrew's family and friends. I cannot imagine what devastation and upset brought him to this! God bless you Andrew - hope you finally found peace!