Simon vs. Ellen - They Don't Idolize Each Other

2/25/2010 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres flat out don't get along, and the tension is building ... this according to multiple "American Idol" sources.

Our insiders say Simon and Ellen aren't even trying to hide it. Ellen can't stand what she believes is Simon's cruelty toward contestants. And, we're told, Simon actually enjoys pissing Ellen off with his blistering critiques.

People working on the show last night tell TMZ ... it was apparent on and off camera ... Simon's tolerance level for the contestants was at an all-time low, and he knew it was making Ellen uncomfortable but clearly didn't care. As one insider put it, "He was intentionally pushing her buttons."

It all started badly when Simon showed up late for Ellen's first week of "A.I." taping and made her wait around. Producers separated the two -- who began the season sitting side-by-side -- but the tension has gotten worse.

But business is business. "A.I." is beating the Olympics, and ratings for Ellen's show skyrocketed last week. In Hollywood, contempt has its upside.

Name That Furry Face!

Can you guess which formerly hot celebrity rocked the homeless chic look on Tuesday?

whose beard

Hollywood's Puppets and Muppets

Have some of LA's biggest stars gotten their signature look from a fuzzy friends?

Jayson Williams Can Score in Prison

Former NBA star Jayson Williams was taken to the clink this week after being sentenced to 5 years behind bars -- but there's an upside: The place has a b-ball hoop he can use to get in with the cool kids.

Jayson Williams

Jayson was shipped off to Hunterdon County Correctional Facility in New Jersey on Monday -- but we're told it's only a temporary home for Williams until he's transferred to more permanent quarters.

Williams has to serve at least 18 months behind bars before he's eligible for parole -- so hopefully the next place has a hoops court too.

Wiggin' Out!

Some stars are probably better off bald -- check out the celebs that are in on the cover up!

Who's Marked for Life?!

These stars are stuck with these tattoos forever and ever and ever -- or at least until they fork over enough cash to get 'em removed!

Whose Rockin' Bod?

Can you guess which rocker busted out their tummy rug while sunning in Maui this week?

Who dat?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Tom

It’s amazing because nothing else was working for my wrinkles until I found Belisi RX ( http://biglnk.com/BelisiRX ), not topicals or even blue light treatment. People keep giving me compliments now and it feels great. I have only been using your product for two weeks and the difference in my skin tone is remarkable to say the least. I finally feel like I have healthy skin.......

Tom

I love younger men. I have dated only men at least 10 years younger and as much as 17 years younger than me for many years. I love the energy and a nice tight bod. Older men just aren't the same, different mentality. I seem to have more in common with younger guys. They're actually more fun and are usually more interested in me. I'm flattered. I think younger men like cougars because they have no agenda, don't usually want to get married and are usually very independent and don't need a man to take care of them. I meet younger men on this website: http://www.hotcougardating.com/

godblshu

I quit watching the show this year because Ellen is on it. Ellen Degeneres, who intentionally used "degeneres" as a feminine play on the word "degenerant". Which she is. Homosexuality is an abominable sin according to the Bible, which I believe. Today's culture which is run by liberal socials and homosexual elitists, think that "sexual liberty" is more important than anything else. I will no longer support this show by watching it or voting on contestants. Join me in boycotting this show. Regarding Simon, I watched the show for years. He doesn't like queers. May God be with him. He is leaving the show, after which it will tank. And is should, now that it has become a homosexual advocate show.

Fran

Bring on Howard Stern :)

godblshu

Grammar corrections.
I quit watching the show this year because Ellen is on it. Ellen Degeneres, who intentionally used "degeneres" as a feminine play on the word "degenerate", hich she is. Homosexuality is an abominable sin according to the Bible, which I believe. Today's culture which is run by liberal socials and homosexual elitists, think that "sexual liberty" is more important than anything else. I will no longer support this show by watching it or voting on contestants. Join me in boycotting this show. Regarding Simon, I have watched the show for years. He doesn't like queers. May God be with him. He is leaving the show, after which it will tank. And is should, now that it has become a homosexual advocate show.

dengbushangg

I am a Doctor and single at present .I need a woman who can love me back ...
I also uploaded my hot photos on Doctormillionaire.com under the name of newyear2010..
It's the largest and best site for doctor singles(men and women) who just don't have time to go on 2 or 3 dates a week to find someone special. FREE REGISTRITION.
I just hope you don't mind me being a doctor ...Please Check it out!I'm serious.

More superior than u

Throw that retarded bible in the trash, thats what it is trash, along with the coran and all the rest, you babbling boob.

godblshu

I quit watching the show this year because Ellen is on it. Ellen Degeneres, who intentionally used "degeneres" as a feminine play on the word "degenerate". Which she is. Homosexuality is an abominable sin according to the Bible, which I believe. Today's culture which is run by liberal socials and homosexual elitists, think that "sexual liberty" is more important than anything else. I will no longer support this show by watching it or voting on contestants. Join me in boycotting this show. Regarding Simon, I watched the show for years. He doesn't like queers. May God be with him. He is leaving the show, after which it will tank. And is should, now that it has become a homosexual advocate show.

Dayna

GODBLSHU - please kill yourself. What an incredibly self-absorbed, nasty person you are.

Diandra

I think Simon was late because he wanted to show Ellen he is the star of the show. I think Simon is a honest person but I believe Ellen is not. She has some good causes but I don't think she stands behind her fellow actors and from watching her over the years seems like a phony.

Linda

What a silly thing to bicker over. Ellen is nice and funny. Simon is nasty and funny. I suspect they both realize that the more tension they have, the better the ratings! Even better, bring on Howard Stern and watch the fur fly! PS. Anyone who uses a TV show and such a stupid topic to pontificate about homosexuality is simply an imbecile.

Dean

If you watched last nights AI show, Ellen was a disaster..if the producers of AI have any sense they will get rid of her...her comments with her usual humor shtick were not relevant, she has no clue about music. I hope Simon continues to torture her as she should not even be there...and really, does Simon give a rats ass at this point when he is leaving. The male contestants are the worse I have ever seen on AI the last 4 years I have been watching...can't wait till X factor arrives..AI will be dead in the after Simon leaves. I watch the British version on YouTube now.

Steve Schmidt

Ellen is worthless. She adds nothing to this show. She regurgitates what the others say and doesn't have an original thought. What a waste.

J

I dont care for either one of them . You must be pretty desperate for entertainment if you have to look at these two . They are both disgusting regardless of who or what they sleep with

Tony

godbishu ? Degeneras is her family's real name..

please stop using religion as an excuse for being ignorant. Any truly intelligent creator would hardly repsect people who blindly follow with no creativity, imagination or self-determination.JESUS WOULDN'T LOOK TWICE AT MOST OF YOU HATEFUL PEOPLE THAT SPEW BIAS AND BIGOTRY ON THESE BOARDS...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments