Simon vs. Ellen - They Don't Idolize Each Other

2/25/2010 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres flat out don't get along, and the tension is building ... this according to multiple "American Idol" sources.

Our insiders say Simon and Ellen aren't even trying to hide it. Ellen can't stand what she believes is Simon's cruelty toward contestants. And, we're told, Simon actually enjoys pissing Ellen off with his blistering critiques.

People working on the show last night tell TMZ ... it was apparent on and off camera ... Simon's tolerance level for the contestants was at an all-time low, and he knew it was making Ellen uncomfortable but clearly didn't care. As one insider put it, "He was intentionally pushing her buttons."

It all started badly when Simon showed up late for Ellen's first week of "A.I." taping and made her wait around. Producers separated the two -- who began the season sitting side-by-side -- but the tension has gotten worse.

But business is business. "A.I." is beating the Olympics, and ratings for Ellen's show skyrocketed last week. In Hollywood, contempt has its upside.

Name That Furry Face!

Can you guess which formerly hot celebrity rocked the homeless chic look on Tuesday?

whose beard

Hollywood's Puppets and Muppets

Have some of LA's biggest stars gotten their signature look from a fuzzy friends?

Jayson Williams Can Score in Prison

Former NBA star Jayson Williams was taken to the clink this week after being sentenced to 5 years behind bars -- but there's an upside: The place has a b-ball hoop he can use to get in with the cool kids.

Jayson Williams

Jayson was shipped off to Hunterdon County Correctional Facility in New Jersey on Monday -- but we're told it's only a temporary home for Williams until he's transferred to more permanent quarters.

Williams has to serve at least 18 months behind bars before he's eligible for parole -- so hopefully the next place has a hoops court too.

Wiggin' Out!

Some stars are probably better off bald -- check out the celebs that are in on the cover up!

Who's Marked for Life?!

These stars are stuck with these tattoos forever and ever and ever -- or at least until they fork over enough cash to get 'em removed!

Whose Rockin' Bod?

Can you guess which rocker busted out their tummy rug while sunning in Maui this week?

Who dat?

Ron

Ellen knows about as much about music as I do flying a space ship. Who is the idiot who hired that tutty licking pervert in the first place?

Mike J

That DEGENERATE LESBIAN should GO AWAY!! Simon is great, I knew he would not like her,DEGENERATE is disgusting! I used to watch American Idol ever since it has been on and really liked it! Now with this LESBIAN on there, it makes me sick to turn it on. The TV network should be ashamed of their self for this rotten move! I was not raised that LESBIAN lifestyle was all right, It says so in the bible, and I believe it! Men should not lay with men, or women with women. I wondered for a while if Ellen was the man or woman in her relation ship, but the way she dresses and keeps her hair indicates she is acting out like the MAN! I wonder what Randy and the other girl think, I bet it is not good! I am 63 years old and been around a lot of things, but this is BAD! I hope the network gets rid of her. If enough people complain, maybe they will, and we can watch a normal Idol again!

Blondie

Dear, Comment #3 AKA godblshu

Just "DUMB." but...laughable.
Just one of those people who likes the sound of their own voice.
Just see below. LOL :o)

Posted at 2:09PM on Feb 25th 2010 by godblshu

"3. I quit watching the show this year because Ellen is on it. Ellen Degeneres, who intentionally used "degeneres" as a feminine play on the word "degenerant". Which she is. Homosexuality is an abominable sin according to the Bible, which I believe. Today's culture which is run by liberal socials and homosexual elitists, think that "sexual liberty" is more important than anything else. I will no longer support this show by watching it or voting on contestants. Join me in boycotting this show. Regarding Simon, I watched the show for years. He doesn't like queers. May God be with him. He is leaving the show, after which it will tank. And is should, now that it has become a homosexual advocate show."

Posted at 2:09PM on Feb 25th 2010 by godblshu

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/25/simon-vs-ellen-they-dont-idolize-each-other-welcome/1#comments#ixzz0ga1tRB1n

HOMO

To poster #3 and #8, yes you, the hater. Is that what religion does to a person is cause them to hate? You had to post twice because you thought you were being so cool with a coll and hip message? Crawl back under the rock you slithered out from under. If you don't like homo's and your a female then don't lick any pu$$y and if your a male don't suck no d!ck. And keep your narrow mined, hate filled, brainless comments to yourself. The only person you entertain or impress with your stupidity is yourself you dumba$$.

Tristan

godblshu I guess God died and made you God. Poor thing, you must have been raised badly.

Debbie

ellen may like music but Simon knows and likes music. Karra (how ever you spell her name) is just getting on my nerves. She needs to shut-up after a while. She acts like she is the only one on the panel who knows anything. She talks way too much. She will never be Paula, so she should just stop trying to act like she is. Ellen is only there because she likes music and she already had a daytime show..she also gave a bunch of money one year. I do not like her lifestyle at all, so I don't listen to her very much when she starts to talk. As far as I am concerned, Randy and Simon are the only ones who know what they are talking about. So far, Idol is just very boring!!!

Blondie

I agree with you Tristan.
Should we offer help? :o)

stillexposingthelies

WHO CARES? YOUR REPORTERS SHOULD TAKE THE TIME TO RESEARCH THESE ANIMALS "RESCUE GROUPS" THAT YOU SO GREATLY SUPPORT BEFORE YOU PRINT THESE ONE-SIDED STORIES PRAISING THEIR "RESCUE EFFORTS......THE INFORMATION IS FREE...ALL OVER THE INTERNET.. READ THESE INTERESTING EUTHANIZATION FACTS.. PETA, THE HUMANE SOCIETY OF THE UNITED STATES OR THE ASPCA LIES TO THE DONATING PUBLIC. I CALL THEM "RESCUE GROUPS THAT MURDER FOR MONEY"....READ THIS....ACCORDING TO REPUTABLE SOURCES, PETA EUTHANIZED 98 PERCENT OF THE ANIMALS IT "RESCUED IN 1996,, THEY EUTHANIZED 85 PERCENT OF ALL ANIMALS THEY "RESCUED" SINCE 1998....THE HUMANE SOCIETY OF AMERICA, ACCORDING TO THEIR OWN RECORDS HAS A KILL RATE OF AROUND 98 PERCENT PLUS....THE ASPCA HAS A "SLICKER WAY" OF HIDING THEIR STATS.. IN THEIR "PUPPY MILL RAIDS" THEY TAKE THE "CREME OF THE CROP" FOR THEIR "DONATION CAMPAIGNS"..THESE ARE SHIPPED TO THEIR MAIN HEADQUARTERS IN NEW YORK CITY...THE BULK OF THE REMAIN OR "UNWORTHY" ARE SENT TO HUMANE SOCIETIES IN MAJOR CITIES AROUND THE COUNTRY...THE UNADOPTABLES ARE MIXED IN WITH THE "GENERAL POPULATIONS"...NO BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS THAT WAY.

Diane

Ellen is a nice person, but a HORRIBLE judge. She talks WAY TOO MUCH and none of it is worth a hoot. I don't know what Idol was thinking when they hired her. Simon, like him or not (and I do like him), tells it like it is. Sometimes the truth hurts...but if you listen closely, you will probably be a better performer. As dizzy as Paula was, I miss her. She was the voice of compassion and encouragement and offered constructive criticism.

gdtrayler

I wouldn't watch it with the open gay woman (man) or what ever on the show. I have more family value than that. Sad that is all they can find to be on these shows and sad people are so set on watching low class people.

bb

I agree, Kara just does not fit and Ellen should stick to her TV show. I just loved paula its to bad AI screwed things up. The only thing about AI is Casey Johnson HOT HOT HOT but this year sucks the best talent ever was Adam Lambert he brought it every week and made the show interesting every week. I think this is the worst year ever. Simon I am with you and your new show with Paula.

carl

Putting Ellen on the show in the equivilent of when ABC put Dennis Miller as a critic in Monday Night Football -- certainly a classic error.

Wayne

When I heard that Ellen Degenerate was going to be a judge, I laughed. Some one get Ellen, the degenerate, some more Man clothes. Maybe even teach her to pee standing up. Come to think of it, she probably stands up to pee now. Ellen has killed the show.

Carole

I've always been a fan of Simon. But lately his nastiness has just gotten out of control. "Tell it like it is" is one thing-- deliberately mean and degrading comments is another. I find myself disgusted with the whole show --and the final 24 aren't exactly super either.
I like Ellen -but maybe not on this show. She may regret getting mixed up with this.

JR

Well, I guess Simon is gone after this season. Ellen and Kara both have multi-year contracts while Simon's is up after this year. I doubt FOX or AI will try to negotiate with him because he is so hard to deal with and no one wants him anyway.