Sean Penn --

Lifesaving Hero in Haiti

2/26/2010 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sean Penn is personally responsible for saving two lives Thursday during a rescue mission in Haiti -- a woman and an orphan child badly injured in the rubble of a collapsed building ... TMZ has learned.

Haiti

Penn -- who runs the Jenkins-Penn Haitian Relief Organization -- drove an hour and a half with his daughter Dylan to rescue a woman and child who were trapped in rubble outside Port-au-Prince, possibly from an aftershock.

An eyewitness tells TMZ Penn helped extricate the woman, who suffered leg injuries, and the child, who suffered head injuries. Penn drove them in his truck to the University of Miami hospital camp in Port-au-Prince.

We're told Penn waited while the woman and child were treated for their injuries and then took them back to his place.

The woman and the child have nowhere to go, and Penn won't leave them until they have a safe place to go.

Quiet

He knows where to utilize his good energy vs utilizing his bad energy pap's stir up in him. A real Man!

amie Class of 98 at North High

Sean Penn is a complete d-bag.Maybe he should just live in Haiti.

Clinton

You think Penn's "a real man?" You've GOT to be gay.

Lisa

People always have to find something negative in what this man does. He's not perfect but I'm glad he's still there helping out. Unlike a lot of other celebrities he gets his hands dirty. He did the same type of stuff during Katrina.

Casey

lives saved = great PR = CHA CHING!!!!!

Tom B

Hero my a$$, this is a for sure publicity stunt! Our "hero" drive an hour & a half to rescue 2 people, take them to the hospital, and then home, yeah right!

If it was real is that the only people there is to "rescue"? I guess we'll save these 2 and let any others die while I personally take these to the hospital and then my house.

This is the kind of fairy tale that I would expect from this clown!

Rudy

I don't believe it for a second.

pie

#3 - I think that's just part of doing business in Hollywood. Otherwise Sean would never get those multi-million dollar movie roles. Everybody learned a lesson from O.J. Simson. If you got a bad reputation, nobody wants you, and no big money from film producers. Sean is a joke.

MelCoast

Wow that was really nice of him. I am sure there will be tons of pictures of Sean Penn saving them since he brought his own photographer.....oh no sorry that was when he went to N.O. to get publicity....oh sorry to "save people"

I BE DARNELL

AT THE END OF THE DAY/ THATS BASED ON/ THE FULL/24/HRS. NOT 9TO5, TMZ IS ON IT. WHEREVER / WHOEVER/ WHATEVER.THE MORAL OF THE STORY.;IT`S NOT A MATTER OF BEING AHEAD OF THE CURVE, THEY CREATE THE CURVE, OTHERS JUST TRY TO NAVIGATE IT, AT BEST>>>>>>>>>>>>>

marge

I wish this Communist loving tard would move to Venezuela to live with his BFF, Hugo

marge

Exactly!!!

So Mr. "I Am Sam" is cool having his picture taken "helping" people, but he turns into Satan if someone snaps his picture walking out of a grocery store???

marge

This liberal puke is such a joke. He wouldn't have won a single award if it weren't for his anti-American platform, which the academy loves.

Stacy

He made them wait trapped in the rubble for an hour and half while he drove there with camera crews. He is a sick person!!

notalawyer

Why is he wearing a stethiscope? He's not a doctor or nurse or even an EMT. Is he posing as one? or "ACTING" for the cameras? GEESE! This guy is such a douchebag. I half expect him to have an orange tan, blown up hair(Oops he already does that) and be on Steriods (well his violent outbursts,,maybe he IS on roids)

The guy is just ignorant trash and needs a serious beating to bring him down to earth.