Brittany Murphy -- 109 Mystery Pills

2/27/2010 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brittany Murphy obtained a prescription for 120 hydrocodone (Vicodin) pills 11 days before her death .... and the day she died there were only 11 pills left in the bottle ... TMZ has learned.

What's more we've learned the L.A. County Coroner's Office cannot locate the doctor who prescribed the pills and they are on the hunt to find him.

According to the Coroner's report on Murphy's death, the pills -- which we've learned were prescribed specifically to Murphy -- were supposed to be taken a maximum of 4 times a day. Yet 109 of the pills were missing from the bottle when she died. If Brittany had maxed out on the prescription, only 44 pills should have been missing.

So why were so many pills prescribed in the first place? That's what the Coroner wants to know. The doctor's name on the pill bottle is Cohen, but so far the Coroner can't locate him. A member of the Coroner's Office went to Brittany's husband, Simon Monjack, to assist them in locating the doc, but we're told Simon was no help.

The cause of Brittany Murphy's death is listed as "accidental" -- the result of pneumonia, along with prescription and over-the-counter drugs.

UPDATE: Simon Monjack contacted TMZ and says the hydrocodone prescription was not Brittany Murphy's. He says it was written for either Sharon Murphy, Brittany's mom, or himself -- he said he was unsure.

Monjack also says Dr. Cohen did not write any prescriptions for Brittany.

As for the 11 hyrdrocodone pills that remained in the prescription bottle for 120 pills -- Monjack says yesterday morning, after we published this story, he and Sharon located 73 pills from that prescription.

Ha THE TEACHER was taught a lesson

"Monjack said Murphy used Vicoprofen to relieve pain from severe menstrual cramps. Vicoprofen includes hydrocodone and ibuprofen."

FROM the source:

(it is vicodin/ibuprofen)

Mary P

P.S. Vicoprofen does NOT have acetaminophen - it has ibuprofen. Different drugs. Based on that very article linked, she was found with acetaminophen in her system - NOT ibuprofen.

Ha THE TEACHER was taught a lesson

Mary P thinks she has to be right.

Mary P

So your basis on fact is NOT the autopsy report, not the police report, not the doctors involved, but what Monjack said... you are more gullible than I thought!!! Because Monjack is extremely trustworthy and even though Murphy wasn't found with ANY Ibuprofen in her system, but rather acetaminophen, that MUST mean that all the doctors, all the police reports and the labels on the pill bottles were wrong!

Ha THE TEACHER was taught a lesson

Mary P, STFU, or get off of the board, you are messing it up for everyone.

They just posted a TMZ article to you that listed Vicoprofen.
Read the list. Why are you attacking someone and calling them gullible? They appear more educated then you, so what does that make you?

According to the notes, the medications included Topamax (anti-seizure meds also to prevent migraines), Methylprednisolone (anti-inflammatory), Fluoxetine (depression med), Klonopin (anxiety med), Carbamazepine (treats Diabetic symptoms and is also a bipolar med), Ativan (anxiety med), Vicoprofen (pain reliever), Propranolol (hypertension, used to prevent heart attacks), Biaxin (antibiotic), Hydrocodone (pain med) and miscellaneous vitamins.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/22/brittany-murphy-coroner-report-prescription-pills-bottles-nightstand-topamax-simon-monjack-sharon-rescue-effort-drugs-investigation/#ixzz0gks0Q6IV

SO STFU MARY!

Ha THE TEACHER was taught a lesson

excuse me, sorry to interrupt

mary p, google brittney murphy vicoprofen

there are lots of sites reporting the same I just looked it up to see why you all are arguing over it

so whether the other poster is right or not, they are basing it on what has been reported on other articles, I think you should back down, you already were offending the other lady who has a hubby in pain and you did seem to act like your pain was more important then his and how would you know that, it is not fact, you are not him to know if his pain is less then yours

so why don't you post facts then too if you are so hung up on facts.

How do you know for certain and FACT that your pain is more severe then the lady who shared about her hubbys pain on here, you seemed to poke at her and him on here too

just saying

Jim in Texas

As a former oxycontin/morphine/hydrocodone addict, I can attest to the extreme addictiveness of Vicodin (hydrocodone). It is a morphoid, of course, and every bit as addictive as heroin, it's relative.
I took pills for two years for back pain without fully realizing how dangerous this was. Drs hand out Vicodin Xscrptns like candy. I dismissed the warnings of one doc to admit myself and "kick" in the hospital, did it at home in bed. 9 days of sheer hell on earth. I lost 7 pounds. The doc was surprised that I didn't progress to heroin ( to my horror), saying that "it's a lot cheaper than RXs."
The problem with this family of pain killers is the issue of building tolerance. You have to take more and more to get to the same level, the longer you take it. I was taking easily 12 pills a day near the end, and it wasn't enough.
I am so sad for her loss, but can easily understand the missing pills.

Ha THE TEACHER was taught a lesson

mary you seem like a bitch can ur doc also prescribe to u some sort of anti bitch med or bipolar med just cuz ur in pain dont mean others are not too so why r u on here tryin 2 be a bitch, ask ur doctor that gives u the pain med for a mood enhancing drug cuz it looks like ur pain med is making u irritable or maybe ur pmsing and need some midol dont take ur tude out on others cuz u a bitch

Mary P

LOL - yeah ignore me and list stuff again - that's not on the autopsy reports. I AM right because I've seen the report. I referenced TMZ because we are IN the article that states the medication. Did I say TMZ was ALWAYS right? No - like I said, I'm going by THIS story because that's what drew us HERE.

I'm going straight OFF the CNN report - and you can't handle it? I'm using the very same source that was presented to me. Why am I wrong when I used the same website? Hmm?

I should give other posters a break when they post up stupid statements and even use their own sources against them? The very article provided to me stated Vicodin as their "proof". Hell yes, I'm going to point and laugh and show the words of the doctors.

Even if TMZ made a "typo" as you suggest, like the CNN source listed (which I trust more, I was only making a point that I'm reading the story we are IN - if TMZ made a typo, could it not fail to reason they made a typo on the pill numbers? Yes, but as stated, going by what THIS article states), it was not ibuprofen in her system according to CNN and thousands others who've seen the report. Given what the actual report stated, the release stated on what was in her system, since you claim TMZ typoed this morning, that their prior article had it wrong?

Fact is, regardless of all the other whiny comments in here that try to "prove" something because of Monjacks words, she was found with Vicodin in her body, not Vicoprofen. So either way, she was taking Vicodin which is the basis on how much she took.

I even took your advice, I googled her reports with Vicoprofen - the ONLY place it shows any evidence of her with that, was that very TMZ article (referenced in the copy articles) and Monjack's statements. I couldn't find one other resource, including the actual report that was available that stated she had it. The thousands others refer to Vicodin, because of the mixture in her system and the label on the bottle. So by your logic alone, TMZ actually would have typo'ed the prior article. Not this one.

Ha THE TEACHER was taught a lesson

mary needs 2 get off the puter and take a break she is trippin

don't believe it

120 pills a month isn't anything to go after this Doctor for ..I have a script for 120 thats supposed to be taken 4 times a day ....

John

Look stupid people stfu. 80% of you have no clue on what your talking about.

Its not the hydrocodone that killed her its the acetaminophen in vicodin.

Vicodin can come in flavors from 2.5 mg/500 to 7.5mg/700 depending on what the Dr wants. If the DR is going to write you a script for more than 4 a day he will put you on norco 10/325. Its a vicodin but much lower acetaminophen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrocodone most people do not OD on the pain killer part but on liver failure from acetaminophen OD.

BTW if you like me and have to take it then you need to watch out for over the counter pain killers with acetaminophen and crap like day quill that has acetaminophen in it as well.

FDA wants people to stay under 4000mg a day even if she was on 5/500 thats a avg of 10 a day. So 10x500 = 5000 alone. Then who knows what other crap she was pumping..
a sick person who doesn't eat right could OD on as little as 7000mg

Mary P

Aww, being all the same poster and reposting doesn't exactly mean anything.

I'm a bitch because I'm right? Just because I proved you wrong doesn't mean you have to get upset. Just get educated. I feel sorry for you to have to attack a person instead of the issue.

I've proved endlessly how what was stated was wrong and you can't handle it? Go back to grade school and not run with the big dogs if you don't have reading comprehension of the very articles stated, or what I'm stating. I think they teach that about 3rd grade. Start there sweetie. At least I have the guts to stay with the same name, instead of trying to post 10 posts complaining about me. You can't stand your own words were used against you and you come out looking the fool, so you have to resort to just overall whining and complaining to distract other readers from the point that you got schooled.

Am I getting you that upset sweetie? Do you need a cookie and milk before naptime?

But then again, what can I expect? You believe Monjack's words over the doctor's in the very CNN article provided. *sigh*

loveseek

Who cares!!! My boyfriend thinks the same with me. He is eight years older than me, lol. We met online at~ AGEGAPLOVE . C O M ~a nice and free place for younger women and older men, or older women and younger men, to interact with each other. Maybe you wanna check out or tell your friends.

Ha THE TEACHER was taught a lesson

83. excuse me, sorry to interrupt

mary p, google brittney murphy vicoprofen

so why don't you post facts then too if you are so hung up on facts.

just saying

Posted at 11:47AM on Feb 27th 2010 by mary p google brittney murphy vicoprofen lots of articles

Good Point! I saw her post putting down the guy comparing her pain saying how hers is worse then his. Who does that? Someone who is full of themselves and inconsiderate that is who. How would she know if her pain is worse then his, she doesn't, so she should shut her pie hole.