Marie Osmond's Son Commits Suicide

2/27/2010 4:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Marie OsmondMarie Osmond's teenage son committed suicide last night, this according to law enforcement.

Michael Blosil, one of Osmond's eight children, jumped from his downtown Los Angeles apartment building.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Michael left behind a note that said he intended to commit suicide due to a life-long battle with depression.

An autopsy will be performed and toxicology tests will be taken.

Donny Osmond released a statement that says: "Please pray for my sister and her family."

Donny and Marie canceled their show at the Flamingo Las Vegas tonight.

kat

Most of the people who have commented are very sad. I hope if something happens to someone you love that you receive more support then you seem capable of giving. Sympathies to the whole Osmond family

Angie

You know, I don't like Marie Osmond for some reason, but I feel for her loss. I hope her family can find peace soon.

They were in it for the money

This is truly sad news. This family is soooo tight, wonder what happened? Pray for Marie as this is devastation 10 fold for her.

ltlmstrblmkr

hmmm, just wondering why he'd jump, I mean how freakin selfish & nasty to do to people seeing the aftermath.Whatever happened to just overdosing......not dramatic enough? eeew,sorry,but such a selfish act, moreso by subjecting others(on the street,in the vacinity,etc) to hafta see that. Couldn't deal with his own life,so chooses to force others,even strangers, to live with his seeing rather violent death?

WillOTheWisp

Marie, I'm so sorry for you!
I don't even want to imagine how you must feel!
May God give you and your family His peace and Understanding through all of this!
Wow!
My condolences to you and your family.

Twinker

Prayers being said. God bless Marie and her loved ones. I love the Osmonds. They are true entertainment royalty.

debbie

I'm as saddened by the insensitive, down-right cruel thoughts people have about this as I am for Marie and her loss. Have you people never faced serious hurt and pain in your lives?

that.is.all

Go figure.

Didn't Marie think suicide was an option at one time?

Even wrote a book about it.

Poor kid.

Servant

YOU HATEFUL CRUEL PEOPLE LET'S SHOW SOME DAMN COMPASSION FOR THIS WOMAN AND HER FAMILY. IT IS BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF GOD IN THIS COUNTRY THAT THE ENEMY ABOUNDS AND IS TAKING SOULS LIKE HER POOR SON WHO WAS SUFFERING. INSTEAD OF SAYING SUCH CRUEL THINGS AS HER NOT SHOWING EMOTION BECASUE OF BOTOX WHY NOT GET ON YOUR KNEES AND ASK FOR GODS FORGIVENSSS AND FOR SOME COMPASSION .....
MARIE OSMOND YOU HAVE MY PRAYERS AND CONDOLENCES.
BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY AS GOD HEARS ALL AND WHAT YOU SAY AND WISH UPON HER AT THE UNBELIEVABLE TIME THAT NO PARENT SHOULD EVER GO THROUGH MAY BE AN EXPERIENCE THAT YOU MOCK AND MAY HAVE TO ENDURE GOD FORBID, SOME DAY....
GOD FORGIVE YOU AND ALL OF MY LOVE TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY MARIE,
WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU.

Kellee

It's official only trash comment on TMZ. This woman loss her son in an horrific way and all you can talk about is what you don't like about her. My prayers goes out to the Osmond Family and her son's soul.

Grammar nazi

As a 5th generation Mormon (no longer believe in that) I can tell you that that religion causes undue stress on its members. I have three suicides in my family and there have been many more amongst friends in church wards.

The emphasis is to be as perfect as possible, suck everything up, and keep a smile on your face. Did you know Utah has the highest rate of prescription drug abuse?

Even my own relatives tell me they're not stressed, and I'm wrong, and yet they're on one or a combination of: ulcer meds, antidepressants and Xanax. They're all in denial. That whole religion is in denial.

Klee

To take shots at his mother at a time like this is despicable. And comparing them to the Jacksons? Be realistic, no arrests, no freaks, just hard work, without sensationalism. A big family that seems to be there for each other, supporting each other. My heart goes out to her and her entire family.

Michelle

I don't agree with her and I hate the Mormon church, but I can empathize. It's sad. No parent should ever have to bury her child. It should be the other way around.

that.is.all

I feel bad for this boy.

Madam Obvious

Gosh, some of the comments here are harsh. My condolences to the Osmond family, how devastating for them. Suicide is just so hard on the family left behind, it is difficult to ever fully recover from the shock and loss. RIP for her son.