Marie Osmond's Son Commits Suicide

2/27/2010 4:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Marie OsmondMarie Osmond's teenage son committed suicide last night, this according to law enforcement.

Michael Blosil, one of Osmond's eight children, jumped from his downtown Los Angeles apartment building.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Michael left behind a note that said he intended to commit suicide due to a life-long battle with depression.

An autopsy will be performed and toxicology tests will be taken.

Donny Osmond released a statement that says: "Please pray for my sister and her family."

Donny and Marie canceled their show at the Flamingo Las Vegas tonight.

Nancy

OMG thats so sad.

that.is.all

Servant. SHOVE IT.

lisa mae magillacuddy

You haters should ALL STFU!!! While I'm not a huge MO fan, 2 things come to mind, they are:

1. This is a matter between MO, her family and God. I hope He can take some of the pain off her shoulders and gives her strength during this horrific time.

2. There is also something to be said about automony.. I believe, while NONE of us can get inside another's head, the person committing suicide is most likely (in their warped mind) taking the last act of control over their life as THEY see it. It's not for the remaining family to waste important time and energy TRYING to figure out the "why".. They will never know exactly what the suicide was thinking.. I truly believe in my heart that "it is what it is". There is nothing one can do to stop someone who is in such pain from committing suicide, if that person is bound & determined to do it.

Just a thought...

nof

I think some of the above people are merely trying to be clever, witty and glib.

I don't think it's possible to comprehend what suicide is, and does, until one has gone through it.

The horrors of suicide defy language.

Nof

Cheu Song

My prayers and condolences, Marie. May you find the strength by God's grace in your time of sorrow.

Thief2

Oh how sad - but the truth is that nobody likes the entire Osmond Fake Family... Like #9 said... Anything for a buck doesn't make for a stable family life. This is really terrible and I hope they all learn from this...

Lisa

Wow..what a shock..Sorry to heart he did this.

that.is.all

I agree with SDD.

CREEEEEEEEEPY

UGGGGHHH

RIP SON.

AND PEOPLE IF YOU GOT NOTHING GOOD TO SAY, STFU. TOO BAD IT WASN'T YOU NEGATIVE PEOPLE THAT DIED.

canada

you stay strong marie. don't shut your family out right now..
you lean on them.
God bless.

Klick

Oh Marie! My heart breaks for you and your family. No one every really sees it coming, and it's always such a tragedy when depression finally overtakes a sufferer's mind. Short of locking them up, there is nothing you can do for anyone in that kind of pain.

that.is.all

Hey STFU, people can feel sorry for this young man's sucide but DON'T HAVE TO LIKE MARIE.

KEEP IT REAL.

get better J.C

TMZ WHY DON'T YOU SHOW A PIC OF THE KID WHO KILLED HIMSELF? WE DON'T NEED TO SEE MARIE'S PIC, WE REGRETFULLY KNOW WHAT SHE LOOKS/SOUNDS LIKE!

lala

RIP, I hope you are happy now.

And for some of the pathetic comments I see, Karma will get you.

LuvLeeRita

Oh, I hope this is not a growing trend.