Marie Osmond's Son Commits Suicide

2/27/2010 4:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Marie OsmondMarie Osmond's teenage son committed suicide last night, this according to law enforcement.

Michael Blosil, one of Osmond's eight children, jumped from his downtown Los Angeles apartment building.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Michael left behind a note that said he intended to commit suicide due to a life-long battle with depression.

An autopsy will be performed and toxicology tests will be taken.

Donny Osmond released a statement that says: "Please pray for my sister and her family."

Donny and Marie canceled their show at the Flamingo Las Vegas tonight.

Jan

My sympathy goes to marie and her family.

PlayfulLittlePup

Seriously, a new job field could created for removing inappropriate comments-call it Panning for Idiots. What utter garbage has been posted here today. And don't call it "freedom of speech," when you're just playing the a-hole.

jmack

It is so sad that we live in a world where people are so cold and heartless. I hope you never have to go thru a tragedy. Whether you like her or not...if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. I guess it makes you feel important to be so ugly. From your attitude I would venture to say no one is that impressed with you... get help.

janis rinas

My Prayers and thoughts are with Marie and her family.I grew up with the Osmonds music etc.God bless and rememeber your fans love you Marie.

buh-bye weiner party!

These comments are so unbelievably vile. I can't even imagine what is wrong the people who wrote them. I also can't even imagine why TMZ and Time Warner feel the need to provide a forum for them...other than greed and indifference to the suffering and dignity of other human beings. SHAME ON TMZ AND TIME WARNER FOR POSTING EVIL MESSAGES OF HATE.

get better J.C

3. WOW.

SAD.

NOW MAYBE MARIE CAN STFU AND CLOSE THAT UGLY MOUTH OF HERS.

I CAN'T STAND HER.

RIP SON, RIP

Posted at 2:45PM on Feb 27th 2010 by WOW

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/27/marie-osmond-son-commits-suicide-michael-blosil/#comments#ixzz0gkbUtFMa

I AGREE 100%

2opinionated

My God people are so cruel and heartless with their thoughtless comments. I hope no one ever has the opportunity be judged during the most unbelievable of tragedies. My heart is broken for her. I cannot imagine the pain.

get better J.C

She had no problem saying he went to rehab on t.v when he was 16, how many days till she discusses his personal issues again for the world to know?!

Robyn

I bet the people making jokes about this teenage boy jumping out of a window are either 12 years old and on moms computer or they are SUPER ULTRA PSYCHO LIBERALS who HATE the fact that Marie Osmond is a religious woman.

Rachel

My heart goes out to marie and her family. So terribly sad that this happened, he was so young and had so much life still to live. I am a huge fan of the Osmonds and my prayers are with them and Marie, her heart is broken.

Googie

Prayers sent to Marie, her family & her son. Marie is a single mom doing her best for her family. Forgive the people that are making such inhumane comments, they either don't know any better, are ignorant or are filled with hate. Marie's son has had a problem all his life. After a child reaches a certain age, a parent is at a disadvantage and unfortunately cannot stop the child from doing what he wants. Marie did all she can for him, for her family and should never, ever blame herself. I question where was his father (adoptive)? Either way, why do people only criticize only Marie?

SYLVI212

72. I'm sorry this child has this stupid b/ytch for a mother, who went public on Larry King regarding his depression, he was only 16 then.

WTF does that? WTF?

What a POS you are Marie. Just so you have something to say, SHUT UP.

I CAN'T STAND YOU.

Sorry this young man had nobody to turn to in his life. So sad.

WTF talks about a vulnerable 16 years olds personal issues on TV

? Marie does.

Grow a brain Marie.

Posted at 3:36PM on Feb 27th 2010 by PATHETIC

PERHAPS YOU SHOULD WATCH THE LKL INTERVIEW AGAIN, YOU IDIOT. SHE DIDN'T GO ON LKL TO TALK ABOUT HER DEPRESSED SON. LARRY SPRUNG THAT ON HER IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE VIEWING AUDIENCE. SHE WAS SHOCKED THAT HE KNEW ABOUT IT. SHE ASKED HIM HOW HE FOUND OUT. HIS RESPONSE WAS "IT'S OUR JOB TO KNOW THESE THINGS". LARRY KING IS THE MORON ON THAT ONE. MARIE IS NOT THE ONE THAT BROUGHT UP HER SON'S PROBLEMS, LARRY IS. GOD, IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE SO DAMN STUPID AS TO TAKE A SWIPE AT SOMEONE, AT LEAST GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT, JERK! MAYBE YOU ARE THE ONE THAT SHOULD GROW A BRAIN.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/27/marie-osmond-son-commits-suicide-michael-blosil/5#comments#ixzz0glrLt3tm

that.is.all

As big as the Osmond family is...he had nobody to turn to. Says a lot about the Osmonds.

get better J.C

she already made a statement to people.com...if you're in such grief and dispair who cares to comment to the media!!! You would say nothing because you're whole world has come out from under you...nope not Marie she needs attention!!!

that.is.all

slvk

she should have responded with no comment

now shut the fk up