'Ax Men' Star's Daughter Killed by Family Dog

3/1/2010 3:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

'Ax Men' Star's Daughter Killed by Family DogThe 4-year-old daughter of Jesse Browning -- one of the stars of The History Channel's "Ax Men" -- died tragically yesterday in Oregon after being mauled by one of the family's pet Rottweilers.

Jesse -- whose father owns the "Browning Logging" company featured on the show -- called 911 around 1 PM after the dog attacked his daughter Ashlynn at the family home, this according to Clatsop County Sheriff Tom Bergin.

We're told Ashlynn was airlifted to the Oregon Health and Science University Hospital in Portland shortly after the attack ... but was pronounced dead on arrival.

We're told cops are investigating the incident.

Sheriff Bergin tells TMZ the dog involved in the attack -- along with another Rottweiler owned by the family -- was taken to a nearby animal shelter for a mandatory hold.

The family will be given three options on the fate of their dogs -- they can take them back into the home (with restrictions), adopt the dogs out to another family ... or choose to have them euthanized.

And there's this: Bergin said four months ago to the day, one of the family's other Rottweilers attacked another family member -- that dog was put down after the attack.

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

natasha

ok so for starters from london not england shut your mouth this family is grieving and all you got is negativity coming out of your mouth .. rule #1 if you havent got anything nice to say (or type) then keep your mouth shut and turn off your computer.

i am very sorry for your loss we watch and love your show... my husband children and i and our prayers go out to you . god bless

~just another sunny day in california~

pedro

I have watched the Ax Men show and was alarmed to hear of the loss of Jesse Browning's step-daughter to a dog mauling on last week's episode. What the History Channel cunningly failed to mention was that not only did the dogs belong to Browning, and not only were they Rottweilers, but they had to put another Rottweiler down previously due to the attack of another family member. I am a fit and muscular 220 pound man, and was attacked by two neighbor's Rottweilers in my own yard several years ago. I had never been so frightened, and can only imagine the terror that this petite 4-year old darling girl went through. She didn't stand a chance. Were I old-man Browning or the girl's father, I would have kicked the living crud out of Jesse and his missus. Obviously, stupid breeds stupid! While I am a huge fan of the History Channel, the more recent run of "reality show" mentality entertainment that brings in foul-mouthed purported "tough guys" that play to the camera is getting a bit much. Everything is turned into a competition, much like who catches the most crab, or god forbid, a family of bike makers that have life-or-death deadlines in order to produce a stinking toy! I lost interest in Orange County Choppers half a decade ago, yet they play it for all it is worth. Maybe Paul Sr. will have a sex change next in order to keep it interesting! THC and Discovery Channel should get back to basics and show interesting and somewhat classy people in their environment. They should be reporting history--not producing it!

david lewis

ya no you people make me sick do you honestly think that a father would put his child in danger. if he realy thought something like this would happen i would bet the dogs woulda been gone a long time ago i feel so bad for that baby and for the family i own dogs and bear hunt with dogs and when dogs get in that frame of mind nomater what kinda dog it is someone will get bite nomater how long or how much you trust it you people make me sick me and my wife cried when we learned of this and my simpathy goes to the browning family and all who cared for that little angel if i could do something to help this family i would she is with god now and at peace hapier than any of us will ever be so have some sympathy think of the family not some damn dog or what they shoulda did different....David lewis

betterthannoone

Some ppl on here really should keep your ridiculous pathetic comments to yourselfs! Regardless of what happen a 4 yr od child lost there life, so have some respect!

jay

I'm so sorry to hear about this.. Please believe she is looking down on you in a better place.. One day you will be reunited with her.

BUMBLES

THE FACT THAT HE HAD ANOTHER ROTTY ATTACK 4 MONTHS AGO, TELLS YOU HE IS TRAINING THESE DOGS WRONG. I OWN 2 GERMAN ROTTIES & AM DISABLED IN WHEELCHAIR, MY DOGS SHOW NO AGGRESSION & HAVE NEVER ATTACKED ANYONE OR ANYTHING.IF A 44 YEAR OLD DISABLED WOMAN CAN MANAGE 2 ROTTIES (MALE & FEMALE), THEN TELL ME WHY CAN'T A GROWN MAN WHO SWEARS HE KNOWS IT ALL. SORRY FOR THE CHILD BUT ITS HER DADS FAULT. STORY DOES NOT SAY WHAT WAS HAPPENING PRIOR TO ATTACK EITHER.

julie

the dog would have never been able to attack and kill the 4 year old girl cause I would have shot the son of a b!!!! After the first attack don't know what the man was thinking and after the attack of the girl the dog would of damn sure been shot dead right then. I love animals but I love my children and be damn if a dog would hurt my child whether the dog was seen as a family member its still a dog

David J

Lets see... they have pitbulls which attacked a family member 4 months earlier so... they keep them to attack and this time kill another family member. The Brownings sure arent the smartest bunch of people! Hey Brownings you gonna keep the rest of your pittbulls for future family maulings?? Idiots

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17