'Ax Men' Star's Daughter Killed by Family Dog

3/1/2010 3:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

'Ax Men' Star's Daughter Killed by Family DogThe 4-year-old daughter of Jesse Browning -- one of the stars of The History Channel's "Ax Men" -- died tragically yesterday in Oregon after being mauled by one of the family's pet Rottweilers.

Jesse -- whose father owns the "Browning Logging" company featured on the show -- called 911 around 1 PM after the dog attacked his daughter Ashlynn at the family home, this according to Clatsop County Sheriff Tom Bergin.

We're told Ashlynn was airlifted to the Oregon Health and Science University Hospital in Portland shortly after the attack ... but was pronounced dead on arrival.

We're told cops are investigating the incident.

Sheriff Bergin tells TMZ the dog involved in the attack -- along with another Rottweiler owned by the family -- was taken to a nearby animal shelter for a mandatory hold.

The family will be given three options on the fate of their dogs -- they can take them back into the home (with restrictions), adopt the dogs out to another family ... or choose to have them euthanized.

And there's this: Bergin said four months ago to the day, one of the family's other Rottweilers attacked another family member -- that dog was put down after the attack.

parents?

@YOU MOTHER- you are an idiot!!

First of all-My concolances to the family, this is tragic!
Second of all-the statement that there are no bad dogs, only bad owners is at best incorrect and at worst dangerous. It is complete crap used by animal loving freaks. It is true that many dogs turn out bad because of abusive and neglectful owners. But it is ALSO true that they are animals, they have instincts, and that they sometimes act out for no reason. ESPECIALLY breeds that were created to be aggressive and fierce like the Rotts.
Putting animals before people in the USA needs to stop!

M

R.I.P. little girl...so sad...no one to make blame....both were at fault....she was put here to tell this story and many other storys, life has reason.

Bex

Just because you can have children doesn't mean you should. Some idiots are so senseless. Who in their right mind would allow a dog like that around their baby? I hope he goes to jail!

evi

White trash! bet he was strung out on drugs and not watching the child. Idiot he probably trained the dogs to kill.

LISA

AS A MOTHER OF A 4 YEAR OLD I AM APPAULED AT THIS STORY. THE PARENTS AUGHT TO GO TO PRISON FOR CHILD NEGLECT.

Janice Marie

My sister has had three German Shepards, my best friend had a Rotweiler, and my other friend had a pure bred Pit Bull. All three had young children around these dogs - both their own and other peoples. All three NEVER had an agression issue.

Why? Because they trained them early and they trained them right. All three owners were the pack leaders and provided the dogs with plenty of exercise and socialization.

My heart goes out to the family, as no one should have to learn this kind of lesson the hard way, but they are indeed at 100% fault - both for the loss of their child, and the fact that the dog indeed should be put down.

What a shame.

Casey

Another moron keeping dangerous dogs in his house. And no, I don't give a rat's behind about whether it's the dog's fault, the owner's fault or whatever. Yes of course you have to raise dogs properly and take care of them properly. But that's not what is relevant here. What's relevant is the fact that, if an owner screws up for whatever reason and does not care for the dog properly, the dog can freaking *kill* someone.

Casey

Apparently this little girl was not a fan of Michael Jackson. So, we should not feel bad for her or for her family.

Jennifer

My Doberman Pincher is not a killer dog with as some of these posters claim. She's 9 years old and I had contractors coming in and out of my home for 3 days just recently. She was asleep on the sofa on her back with the legs up in the air as they came in and out of the house. They said laughing "that's a killer dog".

And no, I am not a hillbilly hick! I have a college degree and so do both of my children and 1 of my parents.

the_turk

Awful awful news. So sad a small girl lost her life, just devastating.

PIE

I have two pitbull mixes and it realled gets my blood boiling to hear the breed trashed because of a handfull of owners being irresponsible. My dogs are raised in a loving enviroment with boundries and rules. They know who is the pack leader and where they fall in our family "pack". My dogs know they are at the bottom of the pack.

My heart and prayers go out to the little girl and her family. No matter how careless they were with their dogs, I don't wish for any parent to lose a child.

Harpo Marxist

I AGREE

14. HOW STUPID ARE YOU IDIOTS??? ROTTWEILERS ARE NOT AGGRESSIVE NATURALLY CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF. I'VE OWNED FIVE AND NOT ONE EVER SHOWED A SIGN OF AGGRESSION YET TWO OF HIS ATTACKED??? HE MUST HAVE TRAINED THEM TO BE THIS WAY AND THE IDIOT LETS HIS 4 YEAR OLD NEAR THEM UNSUPERVISED!?!? LETS KILL HIM FOR BEING STUPID. I'M SO SICK OF PEOPLE KILLING THE ANIMALS RIGHT AWAY, LOOK AT THE OWNERS!

AND AS FAR AS THE WHALE, WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE IN A TINY TANK PERFORMING ALL THE TIME? HELL NO, IT IS A WILD ANIMAL, WHY KILL IT? WHITE PEOPLE HAVE COMPASSION AND LOVE THAT'S WHY WE LOVE OUR ANIMALS AND THAT'S WHY WE DON'T LIVE IN THE GHETTO AND WASTE ALL OUR MONEY AWAY.

Posted at 2:42PM on Mar 1st 2010 by YOUR MOTHER

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/01/ax-men-jesse-browning-dog-rottweiler-attack-daughter-death-killed/#comments#ixzz0gxakw5fW

Jack

Sammie, glad to hear your experience with Rottweilers and children has been positive but I disagree that you can train instinct out of an animal breed that has shown time and time again to be aggressive and deadly. I would never have an animal in my home I was not comfortable leaving alone with my child regardless of his/her age. There are many breeds of dogs that are great with children and would not pose a danger, why take the chance with a Rottweiler.

Jess

This is very sad, my deepest sympathies to the family. I doubt there are too many people that would intentionally put thier children at risk in this way, unfortunately mistakes are made and bad things happen.

To all the people commenting about the stupid, ignorant, poor people who own killer dogs such as pits and rottweilers: maybe you should learn how to spell and write complete sentences before calling anyone else ignorant.

Proud Pit Bull owner

Eric

When will people learn? These Rotts are dangerous and shouldn't be around kids. 3 options to deal with the dog? 1 option in my book.