Cover-Up in Michael Jackson Death?

3/1/2010 4:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson received the fatal dose of Propofol through an IV in his leg, and law enforcement believes Dr. Conrad Murray may have tried covering it up ... this according to law enforcement sources and an anesthesiologist who reviewed the case.

Cover-Up in Michael Jackson Death?

Dr. Murray told cops he administered only a very small amount of Propofol -- 2.5ml shortly before Jackson died. But Dr. John Dombrowski, a noted anesthesiologist and member of the board of the American Society of Anesthesiologists who reviewed the file, tells TMZ that 2.5ml couldn't put Jackson to sleep, much less kill him. Indeed, the Coroner's report notes the level of Propofol found in Jackson's body was equivalent to that found during "general anesthesia for major surgery."

A small, empty, 20ml bottle of Propofol was found in the bedroom, but there was a secret compartment in a nearby closet that could be the key to the prosecution's case. Several days after Jackson's death, law enforcement found numerous bottles of Propofol in that closet, including a large, empty, 100ml bottle with a large tear in the rubber stopper.

The tear could be critical evidence. There are two ways of administering Propofol. The first is sticking a syringe into the rubber stopper, withdrawing a small amount and then injecting it into the tubing. The second way is by using a spike -- which creates a tear in the rubber stop -- and connects the entire bottle of Propofol to the tube.

Dr. Dombrowski says if a spike is used to connect the bottle directly to the IV tube, the doctor must use an infusion pump to regulate the flow of Propofol -- otherwise, the patient could easily OD. There was no infusion pump found in Jackson's home.

Dr. Dombrowski and law enforcement sources believe Dr. Murray may have connected the 100ml bottle of Propofol to the tube, and then either tried regulating the flow by eyeballing it or just letting it flow by itself ... and Dr. Dombrowski calls either scenario "reckless." Remember, Dr. Murray himself told detectives at one point he walked out of Jackson's room to go to the bathroom.

If Dr. Murray did indeed attach the 100ml bottle to the tube and the contents emptied into Jackson's system, that would be 40 times more Propofol than Dr. Murray said he administered.

There is no explanation for the empty bottle of Propofol in the hidden compartment.

sue

if someone had stepped forward and been there for mj, do we think it would have been that simple?? i am not sure it would have worked , no one could tell him NO, and that is what is really sad about this whole mess, is that there was not one person that didnt think about themself first and put mj first regardless if he would have disowned them or not, if he had been my son, he would have gone to his grave hating me and that is ok, but in the end i know i would have at least done what i could to save him while he was here!!!! i have a son that is 32 and there was a time that i had to put my foot down and just say until you get it together dont come back, he was gone for about 6mths, it nearly killed me, but it was the only way i knew to make him see what he was doing to his life.now because of that he always tells me thankyou for caring enough to make a difference in his life and he doesnt think he would have made it without my demands, he says it was the best thing i could have ever done for him.although it was hard for me and it probably hurt me more than him, i dont regret it one bit.sue from tampa

Tracy

My heart goes out to the family of Michael Jackson, he was a terrific pop star, and will contiue to be a legend for years to come. I, along with many others, has been a fan of the "Jackson's".
BUT...
The public is being very unfair to Dr. Conrad Murray!!
He is being judged by people who don't even know him. Well, I do!! He was my mother's cardiologist for more than 10 years, and I had the priviledge to get to know him personally. I happen to know that he is a very kind, caring, and loving person.
Has everyone forgotten that Michael was on his own road to distruction with his drug abuse long before Dr. Murray? Has anyone stopped to think of what damage Michael had already done to his own body throughout the years? What about all of the other doctors that Michael had? Doesn't Michael have to be accountable for his own actions as well?
I understand the loss of a loved one, but putting blame does not heal you, nor does it bring your loved one back. How can anyone, with a clear conscience, put blame on anyone?
Ask yourself...
Would you feel the same had it have been a everyday citizen who was not famous? I don't believe so. Being with Michael at the time of his death does not make one guilty!!!

From a devoted and loyal friend of Dr. Murray,

sue

tracy - with all due respect, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but i have to say to your comment on having a (clear conscience put blame on anyone) well i can say from experience to that comment i lost an 18 yr old step son at the hands of another, and you can bet your sweet azz i blame the person responsible!!!!! and my conscience is real clear on that matter. you are forgetting the fact that it isnt just about what murray did to michael as a famous person its what murray did to another human being and not being the professional doctor that he should have been!!! it has nothing to do with the fact that doc was the last one in the room with him, its the fact that he pumped this human being with propofol and other meds that he himself admitted to giving mj and walked away to go do whatever it was that was more important..sue from tampa

BarbieJean

This looks fun to get into. One day maybe we will see what they have on this whole MJ situation.
RIP MJ ly much

MiMi

562. My heart goes out to the family of Michael Jackson, he was a
terrific pop star, and will contiue to be a legend for years to come.
I, along with many others, has been a fan of the "Jackson's".
BUT...
The public is being very unfair to Dr. Conrad Murray!!
He is being judged by people who don't even know him. Well, I do!! He
was my mother's cardiologist for more than 10 years, and I had the
priviledge to get to know him personally. I happen to know that he is
a very kind, caring, and loving person.
Has everyone forgotten that Michael was on his own road to
distruction with his drug abuse long before Dr. Murray? Has anyone
stopped to think of what damage Michael had already done to his own
body throughout the years? What about all of the other doctors that
Michael had? Doesn't Michael have to be accountable for his own
actions as well?
I understand the loss of a loved one, but putting blame does not heal
you, nor does it bring your loved one back. How can anyone, with a
clear conscience, put blame on anyone?
Ask yourself...
Would you feel the same had it have been a everyday citizen who was
not famous? I don't believe so. Being with Michael at the time of his
death does not make one guilty!!!

From a devoted and loyal friend of Dr. Murray,

Posted at 9:46AM on Mar 2nd 2010 by Tracy

-----------------------------------------------------------

Are you not doing the same thing you accuse others of by judging
Michael without even knowing him?

Sorry but I highly doubt you would be as supportive of Murray had this been your
Mother that he did this to.

ThePrevailingTruth

Tracy - if he was so kind and caring, how could he have the conscience to put a 100ml bottle of a surgical anesthetic into someone with no regulation or monitoring? Doesn't sound like a caring thing you would do for a friend. He chose money over someone's life. He could have said 'no' and walked out of the house. And how great of a cardiologist can you be if you can't do the most basic task of CPR? I myself can take a CPR class..I would expect a cardiologist to be able to do this easily.

The ONLY excuse for all of this is if this crazy and unbelievable chain of events is all a front for a cover-up that MJ is really alive. That is the ONLY way I can make sense of these senseless events.

And why Jermaine is keeping a "secret" about what he thought happened and won't tell authorities is ludicrous. If I thought my brother was murdered, I'd be the first to go to the police with any information for them to investigate. By him playing games like this when his brother is suppossedly dead, makes you really wonder what is going on. They say the "truth will unfold"... well then, who and when are they finally going to speak!!!!???

janicebyrne01

Murray should definitely be on a MURDER charge, NOT a piddly little manslaughter charge. He's sooooo obviously guilty of murder.

CRYSTAL

Who Cares reads a wonder

MICHAEL JACKSON was in Murray's bed getting more than C.P.R.

JB

570. I THINK THAT THIS HAS BEEN A COVER-UP FROM THE START!1.THE CHEF SAID THAT MURRAY DIDN'T COME DOWN FOR MICHAEL'S BREAKFAST AT THE USUAL TIME,WHICH SHE SAID WAS STRANGE.2.MURRAY CLAIMED THAT HE DIDN'T CALL 911 BEAUSE HE DIDN'T KNOW THE ADDRESS.WHICH IS VERY ODD.HOW CAN YOU WORK FOR SOMEONE AND NOT KNOW THE ADDRESS.THAT IS EVEN MORE STRANGE.3.HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE A CARDIOLOGIST;BUT YET HE WAS DOING CPR ON THE BED.AND THAT WAS FROM THE 911 CALL THAT WAS FINALLY MADE.4.AND WHAT ABOUT THE CALL MURRAY MADE TO HOUSTON TO HAVE SOMEONE TO REMOVE BOXES FROM A STORAGE-UNIT DURING ALL THIS.THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ANSWERED!WHY ARE THEY SHOVING IT UNDER THE CARPET.ARE THEY BEING BOUGHT OFF WITH PROPOFOL OR OTHER DRUGS?IT CAN'T BE MONEY.HE HAS NONE.STILL WAITING FOR JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL JACKSON.A HUGE MJ FAN

Posted at 10:55AM on Mar 2nd 2010 by CRYSTAL

Crystal, baby please stop using all caps. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE STOP! It's bad on one eyes trying to read your post. Thank you.

DesertChildAZ

Tracy - I would consider your mother lucky that in 10 years of his care, she didn't need CPR to be performed because her "cardiologist" doesn't know how to give CPR. I'm not even a trained cardiologist and I know that you don't give CPR to a person ON A BED.

How do you feel knowing that the person who would be responsible for rescucitating your mother would not be able to properly do so??

danger baby

AHEM. I think you are referring to the wrong post???? Go back and read my post (#519). It's all about trying to establish time of death. Maybe you meant the slanderous post a few slots above mine? It's pretty foul.

************

542. 519 You Poor Sick Pathetic Individual , I'm sure your m@sturbating in front of your computer
as your writing this filth !!! I will personally report your slandering @ss comments to the police.
You are someone that needs to be watched and probably taken off the streets....................
I know TMZ won't do anything about comments "519" But, the police have a special
division for this kind of crap ."TMZ has your e-mail address"

Posted at 4:29AM on Mar 2nd 2010 by OMG

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/01/coverup-michael-jackson-death-propofol-dr-conrad-murray-lapd-iv/37#comments#ixzz0h2QSWxjT

Who Cares reads a wonder

AEG TOM BARACK,, RED ROCK CASINO,,,TRW what do they have in common,SYCAMORE VALLEY RANCH,,, WILLIAM BONE, find out who hired DR CONRAD MURRAY you will find WHO MURDERED MICHEAL

Claire

wow thoses videos of him in ireland make me feel so weird....i really wish i could have met him i dont live that far away from where he was.....i wonder what time he went to that playplace??? i wish i went that day to!! i could have played with his kids!!! im less than a year older!! lol

Steph

522. @justicformichael, "501. 53. Michael used Propofol in the 80's when he couldn't sleep"

That's incorrect. The first time Michael used Propfol was in Germany when he was on the HIStory tour.

Previous 15 Comments | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments