Warrant Singer Arrested for DUI

5/10/2010 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Jani Lane from the 80s hairband Warrant is currently being booked on suspicion of DUI.

LAPD arrested Lane in Woodland Hills, CA on Sunday night.

Police sources tell us Lane was driving a black Infiniti sedan when he allegedly hit a parked car. Officers arrived on the scene and gave Lane a field sobriety test -- we're told he did not do well and was arrested.  Lane's car is pretty mangled, but there were no injuries reported.

According to sources, Lane blew more than twice the legal limit of .08 when officers gave him a breathalyzer test at the police station. He was released at 3:17 AM.

Lane -- who is no longer with the band Warrant -- pleaded no contest to misdemeanor DUI in July 2009. A hit-and-run charge was dropped as part of that plea deal, and the judge put him on probation for three years.

Bonus fact: We're told Jani was arrested today by the same cop who arrested him last summer.  Go figure.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Hey Now

I'm back! :) I couldn't resist. I wanted to see if Jani was feeling any better. Right now I'm listening to "Heaven" - which is so darn beautiful - it does things to my brain.

I spent most of the evening listening to a 5-song roation by Warrant. Heaven, Cherry Pie, I Saw Red, Uncle Tom's Cabin, & The Bitter Pill (which I can only enjoy on youtube until I find out where I can buy that exact version)

I think I'm about to wake up the girl I'm babysitting with this Heaven song. I'll turn it down a little & shut her door.

WHERE'S JANI? IS HE OK? I'M THINKING ABOUT HIM & WISHING HIM ALL THE BEST. I love his voice. Love.

Hey Now

Wait - did I write that? Why don't I remember typing that? Lol Only July 18th ? I guess I did. If I didn't then someone is stalking me. I must've been half asleep. & surprise I'm listening to the same song again. So I guess I did type that.

But I don't think I typed that 2 days ago. I know I was asleep at 6 whatever AM. Maybe I wrote that 2 weeks ago. TMZ is playing tricks on me.

Hey Now

That is scary. I sort of remember that message but it seems like weeks ago I would've written that. Definitely not yesterday.

That Ambien is powerful ****. I only take 10 mg.

Ok the time is Pacific and I'm on Eastern. But I still don't remember being up at 9am Sunday. I could've sworn I woke up after 11am - really after 12pm Sunday.

Jerry Humiston

Hey #29 check your facts or lack there of!..Jani is not a one hit wonder..he is a talented singer-song writer with several hits RE:Cherry pie, Heaven,Down Boys,uncle tom's cabin and the list goes on and on with songs he wrote and performed..You have a right to your post but lets get the facts straight dude!..good luck Jani ,you have the support of a ton of friends and fans.By the way #29 hope you have at least one friend ,even though your a knuckle-head #29!

Hey Now

Hey - Can you guys (whomever you are) get a message to Jani for me? I come to TMZ every time I want to say something - which is not a good place to come (lol) You TMZ meanies!

Anyhow - Has Jani ever thought of writing a book? I don't know why I can't get him off of my brain (probably that voice huh?) But I also want to know what happened, when, why etc. I read a little bit that even back then - the alcoholism was always there. Maybe I'm nosy - but I want to know - how did that originate?

I know there's a genetic component and on and on and on - but was there also something else? Or was it just because he was young and that's what many people did? And as the years went on - what was he trying to cover up or forget with the alcohol (if anything)? I just wanna know. His voice just makes me sooo happy. It's just so beautiful.

I would have loved to see a brain scan of my brain after I heard that 'Heaven' song after almost 15 or 20 years.

So anyhow - the message is - what about a book? I mean - he's had a pretty interesting life, wouldn't you say? I know he & the band have done interviews & do***entaries - but I think a book would be nice to include the stuff that just happened this year. Like what happened with the DUI stuff? Why did it happen? What was different about this year than previous years (or did you just never get caught? :))

Don't worry - I'm not a stalker. I just want to know more of his story. The 'whys' and 'what-ifs' and everything else. How do I know if this message get to him?

I was googling more info - but I never saw anything about a book - and I think it would not only be good for himself (if done w/a therapist maybe? Cuz it just seems like a lot of deep stuff) but it would be good for many people who have these addictions and also for all the rock fans out there (the real ones - who love the 80's! lol)

Maybe also because - the lyrics he writes are just sooo beautiful so I know he can tell a story and really be emotional and let people know what he's feeling. I just want to hear more. It's not often I hear a voice like his and - it helps me block out a lot of the stuff that *I* don't wanna pay attention to in life. I just mean - his voice is a great escape for me.

Cheezy enough? Ok - please ask him for me! lol

Hey Now

Please hang in there Jani. You still have a lot of people thinking about you.

Hey Now

If Jani's family eventually gets to this message board - I want to say that I am so so sorry for your loss. I am so saddened by Jani's death, and I wish that I could've done something to help. His voice blew me away many times - It was sexy yet sweet (very much of both). I loved it. I hope he knew many people thought that. It might not have seemed that way in this day & age of nasty cruel internet trolls & attacks but there are other sites too where fans gathered BEFORE he died. I pray for you all and I am so sorry about Jani Lane. God Bless him. RIP Jani

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5