Brittany Murphy Leaves Assets to Mom

3/2/2010 2:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brittany Murphy Leaves Assets to MomBrittany Murphy left her entire estate to her mother, Sharon, TMZ has learned.

Sources tell us, years before Brittany was married she wrote a holographic (handwritten) will, leaving everything to her mom. The will was stored in her manager's safe.

Brittany's husband, Simon Monjack, told TMZ after they got married Brittany had a formal will drafted, along with a trust. Simon tells us all of her assets under the new will and trust go to Sharon.

Simon tells us, at his request, the will specifically says, "I am married to Simon Monjack who I have intentionally left out of this will."

Lisa

This doesn't make sense..Asking to be left out. He's making it seem like he's prince charming. How do we know he isn't lying and Brittany wanted it this way. If she left the house and all assets to her mother, maybe she knew she wouldn't be married to him for a long time.

nof

I was left out of my father's Will, which was sealed tighter than a Japanese submarine, making specific AND clear references to any attempted challenge on the part of his oldest son.

Me.

...See, Simon, it's not that hard being honest.

Nof

boysnberrys

Is it me or does simon and her mom seem a little too close.

travcm

These are some pretty stupid comments. Everyone seems to hate this husband for reasons unknown to me. Oh he's fat - that must be why.

Pinky

Creeptacular. Plus Simon deliberately told Brittany to leave him out of the will. If he were in the will, the creditors could take all her/his money away. But if she leaves the estate and money to her mom, creditors can't touch Simon and he can go on living the high life, supported by Brittany's mom, with no monetary concerns. Hmmm. . . . (Sorry if I've misjudged you all.)

j

People hate Simon because he is a liar. I was who the corner called and i told the truth about LOLA and the Friday envelopes.Simon had full knowledge because I personally handed one to him and he opened it and took out prescription cough medicine (that i had to clean up off the rug the nest day after he threw it up)remember that Simon? Or the fact you told me to take the rest of the pills upstairs to mom? How about my first pay checked that bounced or the last one that was post dated. I told you then do not f with me. Take the money from the house(if there is any) that is your name now(solely as of may of 2008)and take Sharon and get into rehab. The time line is so off a two year old can tell you both are lying. The day after you said Sharon found her in her bathroom unconscious and on Larry king you both said Sharon was there the whole time and saw her collapse after saying mommy hug me? Now Sharon you say you are terminal and that is why there was oxys in the house and trace amounts in your daughter system? the both of you know she was long dead when you found her because you two were both fup also. DO NOT CALL ME A LIAR AGAIN IN PRINT or i will come forward since you broke are agreement and lied about me to authorities. Do you not think I was smart enough to keep poof of your and your households strange pill induced lifestyle? GET INTO REHAB with Sharon and shut up or else I will burn you down.Thank Lynn because she has kept me quite so far. How about lie detector test on Larry king huh Simon? Go away you and Sharon have done enough damage. GET TO REHAB PLEASE and stop lying or else.

the butler

Bobby

I hope like hell Maks is paired with Nicole....I want Maks to win a Title and his best shot is Nicole...

j

Why did Britt sign her house over to Simon and Simon alone in 08? Itis time to stop giving both Sharon and Simon the grieving her losscard.If they are opening their mouths you better check the facts.Make your own op-ion from the exclusive articles and showstranscripts below. It does not take a sherlock Holmes to know theirlying about the morning of her death. Not sure about TMZs otherstories but they got Simon and prescription Mary down cold. oh by the way, I did know them as a couple and mommy script dearest personally tmz: Law enforcement sources tell us Murphy collapsed in the bathroom andsomehow ended up in the shower ... there was, we're told, asignificant amount of vomit in the immediate area. us quoting tmz: The notes state Murphy "had been complaining of shortness of breathand severe abdominal pain" for 7 to 10 days prior to her death.Around 7:30 a.m. Sunday, she went into the bathroom of her HollywoodHills home and shut the door, according to the notes.A half hour later Murphy's mother, Sharon, went to check on herdaughter, opened the bathroom door and "discovered the descedentlying on the floor unresponsive," the notes read.See Brittany Murphy's most unforgettable rolesAccording to the notes, Sharon yelled for help. Murphy's husband,British screenwriter Simon Monjack, who was in bed, ran to thebathroom.The notes reveal that Sharon called 911 and Monjack "attempted torevive the descedent by placing her in the shower and running thewater." But Murphy "remained unresponsive and purged her stomachcontents prior to the arrival of the paramedics," according to thenotes FIRST PUBLISHED: December 21, 2009 5:28 PM EST LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Just one day after the death of Brittany Murphy, her husband SimonMonjack has spoken out exclusively to Access Hollywood about theuntimely loss of his wife....... As far as what happened insidethe actress’ home early Sunday, when Murphy was found unresponsivein the shower, Monjack said up to that point, it had just been “aregular day.”“[Her mother] Sharon went into the bathroom because she had been inthere a long time. Her mom screamed for me and I ran. Then called911,” he revealed.As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Los Angeles FireDepartment responded to a 911 call from the home at 8 AM on Sundayand eventually transported Murphy to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Shewas pronounced dead at the facility at 10:04 exclusive daily beast: Monjack described for the first time the morning thatBrittany died in his Hollywood Hills house. She had gone to thebathroom shortly before 8 a.m. “That was her comfort zone in ourvery huge home,” he says. “It was the only Brittany-size room.”There was a small table, and she often spent hours there. When hermother went to talk to her, she found her laying on the floorunconscious, and yelled out for Simon. this is larry king fri quote: “What happened that day (she died) was Brittany had laryngitis. Ihave no idea what to do with laryngitis. I’m a rabbi, not a doctor,so I pray instead of prescribe. So I asked Sharon to come down. We’dbeen talking, anyway, half the night… We were planning to move toNew York, have a baby… We were talking about baby names.“I asked Sharon to come down and Sharon came down. Brittany, forthe first time, was almost fighting for air. Her eyes were not right.They were darting off left, right and center.“That morning she woke up (and) she couldn’t breathe. She wentout to get some air. Sharon followed her out. I’ll say this,because I know you (Sharon) can’t. She said, ‘Mom, I’m dying. Ilove you.’”Murphy’s mum Sharon adds, “From when she collapsed, I was withher in the bathroom. And I was sitting across from her with herlittle puppy, Clara. And she said, ‘Mommy, please hug me.’ And Iwent to get up and she just collapsed like right there.”

jwoolman

Besides protecting the estate against Simon's creditors, another reason for explicitly excluding him in the will would be to protect it against his family if he were to die. As a lawyer friend said to me once, "Where there's a will, there's a relative." They had been good friends for years before marrying, so I imagine they had talked about this before and decided to provide for her mother instead of entangling their finances in Brittany's estate. She probably trusted her mother to make sure Simon wouldn't be tossed out into the snow.

Kelly

Is this why he's glomming on to her Mom? I hope her mother gets every penny.

Ashley

He is probably in debt. If he was in the will, his creditors would know he received money and call on his debts to be paid. This way, the mother can give him money, without his creditors knowing. He gets money and stays a fraud. This guy is a creep and a criminal. So sad.

tim

why does it matter he is dating her mom so he gets money.

Netflix

I hope Brittany have taken this decision after thinking something.this is her personal matter.
netflix

Hussie

Is it just me, or does the relationship between Monjack and Murphy's Mother seem a bit odd?...Awful close to his Mother-in-law, isn't he?...
That being said, I don't doubt for a minute that Monjack cares less about his position in the will...I see Murphy's Mother keeping him in the lifestyle he's accustomed to, among other things...
Where did those pills go?...Hmmm?...
Something's just not right there...

Ashley

Sharon and Simon are moving to New York together after selling the house. How very strange! Suspicious?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments