'Amazing Race' Star Linked to Drug Investigation

3/9/2010 3:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

One of the Rhode Island police officers competing on the current season of "The Amazing Race" has been taken off the streets in the wake of an internal investigation into a major cop-operated cocaine ring.

According to the Rhode Island State Police, Louie Stravato has been put on "desk duty" -- after his name came up in a "four month" investigation into a "large-scale" cocaine distribution operation.

Three officers were arrested in a sting operation -- but Stravato was not among them.

According to law enforcement, Stravato was among 4 officers assigned to the desk work following the investigation. The RISP would not comment on the nature of Stravato's involvement in the case.

Calls to CBS were not returned.

jus'sayin

No drug tests on his job?

duh you stupid f ing idiot

at "me" you don't have to do drugs to sell them stupid

Terri

Doesn't look like he is "using" it

Ari

ah. So sad. I just saw him drink a glass boot of beer on Sunday on Amazing Race and come in first with his team mate in that leg of the race and now he's getting busted for blow. How dare he tarnish that show... :o(

Rather be an Athiest

I know about five cops. Not a single one is honest.

Lee

Well, it is to a desk job and they are investigating and he is an undercover cop, so maybe he will be cleared. If not then just one more dirty cop.

Truth

Well, all is not as it seems. Louie was not arrested, just put on desk duty while during investigation. RI is small. Louie worked with cops that were arrested - doesn't mean he was dirty! Do you think the dirty ones tell the good ones their dirty?

jimmy

Andie

Ruh roh

rex

on the amzing race i like the cow boys and the gay guys

shelly

Amazing Race "star" is quite the stretch.

Tiger's Help Sucks Too

A guy from Rhode Island told me that his state is all about "lobstahs and mobstahs".

sean

OK, let's all not jump to any conclusions. For starters, When Police do Internal investigations they do not make arrests until they have all they need. 3 were arrested and thats all that will be arrested..trust me on that. It is common place to have others that worked in the unit to go on administrative duties while everything works its way out. Does that mean he is guilty or not guilty? I have no idea - but lets not make him guilty without knowing anything. NOW for what we do know..........I have watched survivor and seen him and his partner on the show...THEY ARE DOPES and make cops look stupid. Granted the show can edit things the way they want to show contestants in whatever light they wish, but these knuckleheads sure helped them with their dopey talk. I am a cop and watching them on TV was embarrassing....So dope on TV - YES! Selling Dope on streets...Not rushing to judgement on that.
Selling Dope -

Uncle Nick

I hate pigs, and this proves my point!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LOUIE AND MIKE

Do you people even know this guy?? Because I do. I hope that karma comes back around to bite you in your ***! Who are you to MAKE up false information on someone's life??? Dont you think that maybe he's going through a lot??? DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR TIME??? Making up your own stories about whether or not you THINK he looks like a drug dealer or user is a complete waste of your time. You can give murders the benefit of the doubt, "innocent before proven guilty" but you label someone who has no record, and who has done nothing wrong. He is a police officer and I was taught to have respect for anyone who serves on the force. Have you ever thought to thank your local police officers instead of accuse them of something you have no idea about. Get a life and stop reading the stupid gossip that others claim is the truth. Think for yourself.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments