Lindsay Lohan

Sues E*TRADE:

I'm No Milkaholic!

3/9/2010 1:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan wants $100 million from E*TRADE -- because she believes their "milkaholic" baby featured in their Super Bowl commercial was modeled after her ... and as far as Lindsay's concerned, the smoking gun is all in the name.

videos
The commercial features a baby named Lindsay -- who in the spot, is accused of being the "other woman" in a baby love triangle.

Lohan has filed a lawsuit in Nassau County Supreme Court in NY, first obtained by the NY Post, in which she claims E*TRADE violated Lohan's rights by using her "name and characterization" in business without paying her or getting her approval.

Lohan's lawyer, Stephanie Ovadia, tells TMZ it doesn't matter that the commercial doesn't mention the name Lohan, adding, "Do you know the name Oprah? Do you know the name Madonna? Same thing."

Ovadia had no comment on the "milkaholic" reference, saying "If you look at the commercial as a whole, it's Lindsay Lohan."

E*TRADE had no comment.

Tina

Get real Lindsay.

shannon2

I hope E-Trades lawyers are copy/pasting these comments for use in trial.

They are a pretty good representation of average American's opinions on the commercial and any possible connection to Lindsay Lohan.

I think no one made the connection except her. When I saw the commercial it was just another baby name...a common one...and never thought of Lindsay Lohan. I would also contend that any "fame" she has at this point in her "career" is relegated to tabloid sites such as this one...recording her pitiful antics....and not any recent body of work.

Unlike Oprah or Madonna...who have released shows, albums and magazines using only one name (and yes, they are recognizable enough to do so , although in Madonna's case the pre-existing trademark held by the Mother of God may limit any claims in court) Lindsay Lohan has only been credited historically in works with both her first and last name. Mainly for the very reason she is not recognizable enough to use just one.

There are legal remedies in place for E-Trade to defend themselves vigorously in this lawsuit and re-coup damages to their reputation and income caused by this malicious, frivolous lawsuit.

Remedies punitive AND substantial enough to not only teach this person, but others like her (and the unethical lawyers they engage), a valuable and expensive lesson not to intentionally abuse the United States court system.

Love

Shannon2

TMZ hits a new low

These are the funniest posts I have read on TMZ in forever!

buh-bye weiner party!

If they had said Lindsey the "milkhead" or Lindsey the "milkwhore", she may have had a case. Not that her career wasn't already over, but this desperate stunt kinda makes it official.

Janet

I saw the commercial, as did my husband, and a house full of super bowl fans. None of us associated this commercial with Lindsay Lohan. Are you kidding me? She is gross, and so, so yesterday.

J-

Oh for crying out loud - this is ridiculous! She's a complete moron and I canNOT believe she thinks she's earned 1st name recognition a la Oprah, Madonna, or Cher. Puh-leez, get a freaking clue!

I've seen that commercial a bazillion times and not one.single.time did I think of Lindsay freaking Lohan.

jetcitywmn

wow .. seriously? how embarrassing for her... does she need attention that bad? or is she so delusional that she thinks the world really does revolve around her?

i have seen this commercial before and it NEVER occurred to me it had anything whatsoever to do with her...

lindsay ... you have sunk to a whole new level of pathetic.. go play with your haircolor and give us a break

Bubbajk

I saw the commercial and never thought Lindsey Lohan - until she filed suit claiming it was about her. Now I think Lindsey Lohan - Whackaholic! (Which means she will probably sue me for thinking about her)

Blue Swan

That's not a girl baby, that's a MAAHHHNNN baby, Baby!

koreen

im sorry...exactly when did she assume ownership over the name lindsey?..
my daughter is a lyndsay too..perhaps we should sue too...
oh wait ..we cant..we dont have some high priced "yes man/woman" lawyer who actually thinks this could pay out..
nothing more entertaining than looney has been young hollywood with ambulance chaser backup..hilarious...

iiiiiiiii

Skankapotimus!!

moveover

If there was ever a classic case of PARANOIA .... this is it.

Rip It Up

What a total loser this slut is. NO ONE cares about you Lindsay, NO ONE! Frankly, why don't you slither off to OD and leave the world alone. Drop dead firecrotch.

karma

E-Trade has made the cutest, wholesome commercials to date and I hope they do NOT stop making them with the babies. Everyone I know has enjoyed these ads, spit up and all.

(My BIL has called me about these ads, (loves them) and then again this morning to report about Lohan's suit, said think "our Lindsay" should get in on the lawsuit? He was making fun of Lindsay Lohan, of course.)

Bart

Spickled Firecrotch needs the money, between her and her loser parents I guess they ran through all the money.