Lindsay Lohan

Sues E*TRADE:

I'm No Milkaholic!

3/9/2010 1:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan wants $100 million from E*TRADE -- because she believes their "milkaholic" baby featured in their Super Bowl commercial was modeled after her ... and as far as Lindsay's concerned, the smoking gun is all in the name.

videos
The commercial features a baby named Lindsay -- who in the spot, is accused of being the "other woman" in a baby love triangle.

Lohan has filed a lawsuit in Nassau County Supreme Court in NY, first obtained by the NY Post, in which she claims E*TRADE violated Lohan's rights by using her "name and characterization" in business without paying her or getting her approval.

Lohan's lawyer, Stephanie Ovadia, tells TMZ it doesn't matter that the commercial doesn't mention the name Lohan, adding, "Do you know the name Oprah? Do you know the name Madonna? Same thing."

Ovadia had no comment on the "milkaholic" reference, saying "If you look at the commercial as a whole, it's Lindsay Lohan."

E*TRADE had no comment.

Politico Pablo

Unless she had a registered trademark for her first name, as Madonna and Oprah have, then she has no basis for the lawsuit. Where did she come up with the $100 million amount?

itpdude

This is reaching, big-time. It also shows if you have the money to pay, you can inevitably find an attorney to say just about anything.

"Just like Madonna or Oprah." What court will accept that analogy as legit?

Then again, it is California. . . .

Tired of the BS

What a MORON.....I guess since she can't get movie roles, she needs to get $ somehow. GO E-TRADE!!!

My two cents

Wow. This girl has some big balls or one hell of an ego. I saw the commercial during the bowl game and didn't even think or consider that E-Trade was using Lohan as their 'Lindsey'. IF and ONLY IF they used a redheaded freckled baby with a voice similar to Lohans, well, that would be a completely different story but that is not even the case here. No way, no how. 100 Million? Someone must be high on drugs.
I cannot even comprehend where her parents went so totally wrong with this girl. Lindsey was such a big talent at one time in her life and she threw it all away to become a partier. Now she needs some big bucks and she grabbed the first thing she thought she could sink her teeth and claws into--E-Trade. I hope they fight this tooth and nail and she gets not one thin dime AND is held liable for E-Trades attorney fee's. That will serve the little brat right and that is all she is, nothing but a spoiled little brat.

guccilizzy

Lindsay: "Hey, it's a commercial about a trampy, substance-abusing child. That's me!" She might have a point.

marie

This is what desperate people and desperate lawyers so when they have no other income. I bet the legal staff at E-Trade are laughing their a$$es off at this one. Lindsay does not have enough money to go up against a corporate giant like E-Trade, and I bet she stiffs her lawyer too. People have so forgotten about Lindsay, this is her way to get her name back in the headlines. The whole family is a joke!!!

kadengirl

never would have known this was Lindsey - cute commercial tho.

Lindsey

What?! My name is Lindsey too! I want a cut.

She is cheap trash who's train wreck of a life has left her with no money and no chance to rebuild her career. She might as well go apply at McDonalds

Donna

Yep Etrade's people went into a meeting and said lets do this commercial and model it after Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay you need to get a real job and would please stay out of the headlines. Do you realize how many Lindsay's there are in the world. You are more stupid than I thought you were. YOu ruined your own life with your drugs and alcohol. You just want free money. And this is a milk commercial not an alcohol commercial. YOu are a total idiot. This is a cute commercial and you are not. I hope to heck that you do loose this lawsuit because you do not deserve a dime.

sleepnb

They should sue to get the commercial off the air because it's so stupid, not because it "slanders" Lindsay Lohan.

Ayla

You have got to be kidding, this is my all time favorite commercial and not once did I think it was about her, Miss Lohan get a life!

sound

Every woman named Lindsay needs to sue. Sheesh! She's a tad bit sensitive. I know way too many girls named Lindsay. Baby girls conceived around this time the show Dynasty was on are most like named Lindsay.

christy

Give me an effing break! She must really be desperate for money.

woodin

Lindsay is no Oprah, Madonna, Cher, Beyonce, etc. She seriously needs mental health intervention. As for her attorney, he should
be professionally reprimanded for filing a frivolous lawsuit and billed the all legal fees from his antics.

littleeelvis

I don't know why she would think this has anything to do with her. For 1, this kid is cute. For 2, she is with a boy, For 3, she is actually working....