The Oscars Produce BS Farrah Fawcett Excuse

3/9/2010 8:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Farrah Fawcett and Michael JacksonThe people behind the Academy Awards claim they left Farrah Fawcett out of the Oscars In Memoriam montage this year because she was better known as a TV star -- which begs the question, how the hell did Michael Jackson make the cut?!?!

Bruce Davis
-- the executive director of the film academy -- told the Associated Press both Fawcett and Gene Berry were more famous for their "remarkable television work" and would therefore be more appropriately honored at the Emmys.

So by that logic, Michael Jackson would probably be more appropriately honored at the Grammys right? Oh wait, he was!! Kinda contradicts your point, huh Bruce?

For the record -- Davis had no excuse for blowing off Bea Arthur and Captain Lou Albano, who starred in the theatrical masterpiece "Body Slam" back in 1986.

emjayjay

OH NOT AGAIN............

MJ WHAT AGAIN?

HE NEVER ASKED FOR FARRAH TO BE OMITTED AND HIM INCLUDED INSTEAD!

Though i agree Farrah should've been included.

But plz TMZ leave MICHAEL JACKSON OUT OF THIS.

I agree much with #38...MJ TOOK FILM & ACTING INTO MUSIC.

HENCE THE RECOGNITION OF THRILLER AS A NATIONAL TREASURE!!!

Ddnt want to say this BUT you know what.....

THE MAN WAS BIG A STAR TO BE OMITTED IN ANYTHING THAT CONCERNS

THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JUSTSAYING.

TMZ PLZZZZZZ, LEAVE MJ ALONE.

WHY DDNT YOU WRITE THE NAME OF THOSE PRODUCERS WHO WERE IN THE

MEMORIAM (WHOSE FILMS THEY HAVE PRODUCED WE DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT)

AT LEAST MJ,s THRILLER HAS BEEN RECOGNISED AS A NATIONAL TREASURE

LIKE I'VE SAID BEFORE!

STUDY PEACE.......

HAVE RESPECT FOR THE DEAD PLZZZZZZZ

Stephen

I don't know why this has to be Farrah vs. Michael things. Geez
Don't hate on Farrah because of what TMZ wrote.

Kelly

Utter BS. The jerks snubbed her. End of story.

Marla

Michael will always be honored were it counts, that's a fact.

But the academy shouldn't have left Farrah out, that's an insult.

Tracy

There is no excuse for forgetting Farrah so why not own up and admit that this was an oversight. She should have been acknowledged and we all know it. She was an amazing talent and she made significant contributions in the industry of entertainment. No matter what we all know the Oscars made a big mistake and it can't be taken back but they are making it worse when they don't own up to it!! That is poor taste in my books...

Linda Lovelest

48. MJ had previously been nominated for an Oscar for original song!

Posted at 7:11PM on Mar 9th 2010 by Susan
________________

Michael Jackson wasn't nominated for an Oscar for Best Original Song. The writers of Ben were....Walter Scharf and Don Black. Michael Jackson only sang/performed/recorded it.

Kiki

91: You said - She was an amazing talent and she made significant contributions in the industry of entertainment.

You were watching the Academy Awards. Which are given out for significant contributions to the FILM industry. JUST films. Farrah made a couple. More bad than good. That's not significant.

myhometown

Michael did sing an Oscar nominated song, "Ben" but can't figure why Farrah was left off....not cool.

rainbow4321

posting issues...again.

Do some research, TMZ. There is this little website called imdb.com.
Search for MJ's name and you will find stuff like what movies he was in, movies that used his music, other MOVIES where he was thanked in the credits by the makers of different movies for various reasons.

And is there not a short film category in the Oscars?? There are quite a few listed, also..

You're welcome.

Marla

Michael was and still is the Greatest Entertainer that ever graced the face of Earth, so please keep honoring him!!! but whyyyyy did the academy left Farrah out of the in memorian???? They are the real Inglorious Basterds!!!

vee

Where are Dr. Murray's mug shot's TMZ???????????

dezzy88

We all know she died.. here's a ridiculous tribute vid tto her http://tiny.cc/tLWt6

Linda Lovelest

51. OMG!! She isnt even in the same catagory MJ falls in!! HE IS A SUPER STAR!!!! She was a TV star!! Get over it! ;oP

Posted at 7:14PM on Mar 9th 2010 by Darlene
___________________

That's beside the point...Michael Jackson was a musical SUPER STAR! NOT A MOVIE STAR!

FOR WHAT!? Dressed as a scarecrow in The Wiz?!...for crying out loud!! For a couple of cameo shots or muscial references. Michael Jackson was not an actor....except in real life!

Farrah Fawcett was an actress. The Burning Bed, The Apostle. etc...
No comparison.

Michael Jacksons tributes belonged at the Grammys. The MTV, BETS, etc. He received those plus some.

But that isn't enough for Michael Jackson OR his fans. Everything is/wasn't enough.

Pathetic.

Kiki

You CAN'T using The Burning Bed as a marker!!!! It was a TV movie and the Academy doesn't give a crap about it.

Linda Lovelest

385. Ok now listen everyone, Im here to set the record straight ( so to speak) I live in Los Angeles and I met Michael through friends in 1998. I wasn't a fan, but we became friends and eventually gay lovers. He financed my condo for me and when he could slip away from Neverland without being recognized or followed my photographers. he couldn't risk being seen. We would spend time together. he LOVED having sex with me. He told me he loved my BOYISH good looks. At the time I looked younger than I was. I was in my mid twenties but I look like a teenager. Eventually we just lost contact and I met another guy who I feel in love with so I was okay for the relationship to end.

I can no longer sit back and let people in this world ridicule him any longer keep silent about this. it will come out eventually. The Jackson family won;t be happy about it But it;s the truth.

Posted at 7:14PM on Mar 9th 2010 by T