Corey Haim Collapsed, Prescriptions Found

3/10/2010 11:46 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey Haim DiesCorey Haim collapsed in the bedroom of his mother's apartment and four prescription bottles were found nearby ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We've learned Corey had been sick the last couple of days with flu-like symptoms. The medications recovered, however, were not related to his illness, sources tell TMZ.

We're told no illicit drugs were found in the apartment.

Sources say Haim got out of bed just before 1 AM and collapsed in front of his mother. She called 911 at 12:53 AM and Corey was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead at 2:15 AM.

Corey's mom told authorities he had been battling prescription drug addiction for years.

Authorities believe -- though are not certain -- Corey died of an accidental drug overdose.

UPDATE: We're told the LAPD has wrapped up their preliminary investigation and it's now in the coroner's hands.

The Jackson twenty five

His blood is on the hands of some high profile doctor no doubt. This is getting to be a very sad trend - these docs need to be made accountable for taking money to give these celebrities whatever they want. RIP Corey, Godspeed.

Laurie

Corey, you will be missed! I always had hope for you...

jennifer mcclelland

rest in peace Corey....you were loved

Julia

First it was that the police had "confirmed" it was an OD and now it's they "believe -- though are not certain." I wish TMZ would confirm facts before stating them. R.I.P. Corey Haim. My heart goes out to his family as well as to Corey Feldman. Man, I've had the same best friend for decades now since my childhood, and know it's a rare and special thing. :(

Makenna

JimmyHendricks -TMZ has already said they believe it was an accidental drug overdose. No cover up...... It helps if you read before you comment.

I hope they go after the Doctors just like they are with MJ and Anna Nicole. Set an example and start locking these menaces up.

j

this is just so sad. Another child actor that just could not handlenot being famous anymore. I just love how that " there where noillegal drugs found." While Brittany was working it sure smells thesame. God Hollywood please please start talking about the prescript onnightmare and try and stop ALL the accidental overdoses. Wake up light up and stop dropping dead of script meds. Medicate with weed legal or not smoke your brains out and stay withus. Prefer my actors alive and a littler fatter with read eyes than deadof an ACCIDENTAL prescription overdose.

Barbara Jean

TMZ you must be so proud. I remember how badly you all joked over how he looked the last time you had him on your little sneaky camera. Wonder if he took your comments to heart and took an over dose??? TMZ you must be so proud!!!

Bally

That's really too bad.

What is going on with all of this accidental overdose stuff? It's really frightening.

I'll have to watch "The Lost Boys" tonight now.

Makenna

It's sad he couldn't handle his fall from fame. He was so desperate to act but couldn't get anyone to hire him.

Rachel

I've dreaded this day for years. I loved you Corey, was rooting for you, see you on the other side...

jeezlouise

Corey seemed sober for the first time on the TMZ interview. Its so sad that he died after such a long struggle with drugs. This drug o.d. thing is getting very cliche'-Corey was a very charismatic person. Feldman will be devistated.

jcc

"Flu like" symptoms. The drugs CAUSED the "flu like" symptoms!
Sad, but not a bit surprising. Even times when he's been interviewed supposedly sober, he didn't seem right. RIP, Corey.

Wow

Artie lange needs to take lessons from him and do it right next time.

jake

RIP, maybe now he can get some peace for his troubled soul. what a drag.

poppy

so sad! and so very young............you had so much ahead of you.
you ALWAYS entertained me in your movies. hope you are finally at peace.