Corey Haim Collapsed, Prescriptions Found

3/10/2010 11:46 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey Haim DiesCorey Haim collapsed in the bedroom of his mother's apartment and four prescription bottles were found nearby ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We've learned Corey had been sick the last couple of days with flu-like symptoms. The medications recovered, however, were not related to his illness, sources tell TMZ.

We're told no illicit drugs were found in the apartment.

Sources say Haim got out of bed just before 1 AM and collapsed in front of his mother. She called 911 at 12:53 AM and Corey was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead at 2:15 AM.

Corey's mom told authorities he had been battling prescription drug addiction for years.

Authorities believe -- though are not certain -- Corey died of an accidental drug overdose.

UPDATE: We're told the LAPD has wrapped up their preliminary investigation and it's now in the coroner's hands.

Lucie in the Sky with Diamonds

Maybe this isn't the right time or maybe it is, to mention why is it that the government deems Marijuana an illegal drug & harmful, when you have young adults overdosing on prescriptions (ie: Michael Jackson, Brittany Murphy, Corey Haim). It SICKENS me that these prescriptions are so available to people. How many more people have to die by the hands of doctors & prescriptions before someone does something about it?

cjs

Feldman get yourself to a shrink ASAP !! Don't let this cause a relapse for you.

crabbypatty

You apparently cared enough to comment.

38...so young. very sad.

---------------------------------------

8. Who cares.

Posted at 10:11AM on Mar 10th 2010 by Nick R. Hadder

erica

RIP COREY!!! Many people forget that addicts are HUMAN BEINGS, he obviously had a troubled soul. May the GOOD LORD TAKE HIM IN HIS LOVING ARMS. I hope his mother finds peace.

blue-eyes

No one 'accidentally' mixes meds. It's common sense that you don't take different prescriptions at once. He knew what he was doing. You're playing with your own life when you do that...him and Brittany Murphy both.

Christopher R

Damn, wrong Corey.

Mary

It is very sad. Corey was a darling little actor.

karma

Rest in peace, Corey. Condolences to his family on the loss of their child, no parent should have to bury their child. God Bless you.

j

Wow just thinking.

the kid from growing pains, Maria osmonds son, now corey.

Did one have anything to do in the minds of the other two?

just saying?

itsmekimberly

It's so sad to lose one with years left.. but what I really feel so upset about is how the industry made him feel.. How he wanted to work and get back into the game but was always push to the side because "his time passed" thats what I believe actually killed him years ago and sadly this was just a matter of time...

christina

My god he was my first teen idol crush and I am actually heartbroken he never got his life back he was amazing to me RIP

Makenna

Lucas was an awesome movie. I never really thought of Corey as Corey. He was Lucas.

Dena

Seriously, I think a lot of you people need to watch the show Intervention, or have an up close and personal relationship with an addict to see how they struggle. You seem to think addicts enjoy going back and forth, when in reality it is one of the hardest experiences you could ever face. They are not happy being addicts. It turns from using occasionally to having to have it just to function. I suffered through my entire childhood as the child of an addict, and am married to a man who has never done a single drug or even smoked a cigarette, nothing. The difference in someone like him vs. a majority of these people who comment is that he has grace and mercy for others. Just because he may not understand what it is like to suffer through it, he never judges those who do.

God Bless and have mercy upon you Corey Haim. I grew up loving you, and I stayed a fan even when you weren't popular. My sincerest thoughts and prayers are with your Mom, your sister, your family, and your best friend Corey Feldman.

You will be so missed. No matter how addicted you were, the truth is your heart was so pure in love. That is what I will remember the most about you, how deeply you felt for those you loved.

Cherrios

I just saw this as a headliner, and I am in shock. Poor soul, Corey seemed to be a lost soul on the show of The 2 Coreys on tv. He could have been suffering from depression. Very sad to die like this, RIP Corey.

Dix Handley

RIP Corey with the Lord Jesus and never have to worry again about prescription drugs again. No one is perfect so anyone judging him worry about your own imperfect life. God bless you and your family, Corey.