Corey Haim Collapsed, Prescriptions Found

3/10/2010 11:46 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey Haim DiesCorey Haim collapsed in the bedroom of his mother's apartment and four prescription bottles were found nearby ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We've learned Corey had been sick the last couple of days with flu-like symptoms. The medications recovered, however, were not related to his illness, sources tell TMZ.

We're told no illicit drugs were found in the apartment.

Sources say Haim got out of bed just before 1 AM and collapsed in front of his mother. She called 911 at 12:53 AM and Corey was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead at 2:15 AM.

Corey's mom told authorities he had been battling prescription drug addiction for years.

Authorities believe -- though are not certain -- Corey died of an accidental drug overdose.

UPDATE: We're told the LAPD has wrapped up their preliminary investigation and it's now in the coroner's hands.

Robyn

RIP Corey, you were a great actor and yes you had your demons but we will miss you!

Lisa

what is bs is the fact that TMZ did a shot of him on the show the other day and jokes were made about him and how he looked ("has been")... not that it's your fault, but the fact that this could have pushed him over. It was a matter of time. you could see the shame he had when the camera was put in his face that night.

YOUCH

Too sad. I am not a fan but I am painfully aware of how drugs have taken many, many young performers from us. From Elivs to MJ, drugs, even prescribed ones, can and DO kill.

R.I.P. Corey.

Keepinitreal

So far that's make at least 5 drug addicted white folks who have died for prescription drug overdoes' I wonder why none of them were or ever will be labeled junkies and addicts like Michael Jackson was. I'M JUST SAYING!!

tessa

when will people wake up! How many more lives need to be claimed before the abuse of prescription drugs stops. What will it take for the money hungry Drs prescibing these drugs to be stopped. I mean it's sick. These deaths are completely avoidable if people around them just cared enough to say or DO something

tard

Prescription drugs kill a lot of people from Elvis to Marilyn to MJ. Why all the Murphy replies? Regardless my heart goes out to my neighbor who died not some douche.

capt andy

okay its a sad thing sort of but the dude really couldnt act anyways so no great loss.i mean really,what great movie did he appear in,hmmmm let me think.nope cant come up with one,he was a hollywood hack who just couldnt handle it like the rest of us actors who can.damn it feels good to be alive!!!!!
get high on life people and smoke reefer..its kool

Adriamarie

I am so Heart sick. Damn Drugs. WHY? For anyone who is hurting, get help.

J C

No doubt many people get into drug addiction because they've appropriated the rather flippant attitude towards drugs that is part of the left wing counterculture.
Thank You (sarcasm)counterculture values for your drug and crime tidal wave that has destroyed families and undermined traditional families.
How do you left wingers sleep at night?Oh wait,I know,prescription drugs and legalized pot.

t

I really liked Corey, I watched the A&E show last year and was hoping that he would be back in the movies sometime in the future.
Doctors need to be more accountable.... We are seeing so much of this lateley,,, where is the accountabiltiy when we all see actors and artists going down this path?????

capt andy

pot doesnt make people commit suicide ..it doesnt lead to stronger drugs...it actually helps people with cancer and epilepsey...and it helps me..err poeple sleep at night..so pot should and will be legal before long...all these people who are gainst pot go home and drink themselves into a stupor and beat rtheir kids and wives and drive drunk and kill people ..oh thats okay because its legal,,

Tara

I grew up watching Corey Haim movies. He was my favorite of the 2 Coreys. Loved him so much and will miss him tremendously. I always hoped he would make a comeback. I watched the 2 Coreys TV show on A&E, but didn't like the way the show was only showing the bad side of him.
I am glad however, that the 2 Coreys made up and continued being friends after the show ended. My heart goes out to Corey's mom. Being a mother myself, I could not imagine the heartache.

I'll always remember him for his talent, from "Silver Bullet" and "Lucas" to "License to Drive", "The Lost Boys" and "Dream a Little Dream"

But will miss his crooked smile the most!

Evy

I just saw him and took a picture with him in Vegas on Halloween!!! RIP Corey!!!

Klipper

That's really sad. It's definitely not shocking knowing his lifelong battle with addiction, but being a kid back in the 80's I was always a fan of his. Poor guy.

Rest in Peace, man.

WillOTheWisp

Poor thing!
May God bless his family!
What the heck is going on with all the drug over dosing?
Life can't be that bad, unless they forgot to count all their blessings!