Corey Haim Found Dead

3/10/2010 10:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey HaimActor Corey Haim died this morning of an apparent overdose -- possibly accidental -- according to LAPD. He was 38.

Police tell us they were called to St. Joseph's hospital in Burbank, CA shortly before 4 AM PT to investigate.

Haim shot to fame in the 80s -- when he co-starred in a number of films, including "The Lost Boys" with Corey Feldman.

Haim reportedly suffered a drug-induced stroke in 2001 and was rushed to UCLA Medical Center.

Haim also reportedly was in and out of rehab 15 times, but cleaned up in 2004 after moving to Toronto.

Bianca

I'm so sad... to hear of this sad news.... I was always a fan of the " Two Corey's". Growing up with there movies.... I would have to admit that I've always had a crush on Mr. Haim... But now he is gone.. To the Stars... Where he has gone, he will not suffer anymore... Corey you will be missed in my eyes....

tammie

Wow! I can't believe I am shocked by this news but I am. I loved both Coreys in their heyday and it sad to see such a promising man get sucked dry by drugs. Dream a Little Dream was my fave movie for years and I loved his cameo in Lost Boys 2. How sad that he was considered a lost cause after such a promising start in movies! Rest in Peace and sympathy for his family.

Mimie

R.I.P Corey.. I've always loved U & ur movies(work).. I will miss u alot..regardless his addiction or not.. He looked like a very sweet nice guy. So why don't you ppl stop judging him on what he did or din't do.. Let him R.I.P. U Will Be Missed..Corey Haim.

Mike Miller

I hate to say it, but it explains a lot.... Other than "hearing" about Corey Haim in the news recently, I could have never identified him. I can't tell you one single thing he's EVER done. Even right now as I type, I have no idea. I didn't know what he looks like until I looked at his pictures right now. I know about Corey and Corey through Robot Chicken, but I've never even glimpsed an episode of their show.

I hate to say it, but I think that's what he struggled with. Too bad it mattered so much to him.

Rich and Famous? No thanks. Not for me at all. Rich? Ok, maybe.

You cling to fame.... it's hollow. No question.

Poor kid.

Nick Weeks

I grew up with the two Corey's as a kid and still love their movies to this day!
A sad loss,my heart goes out to all his family.

Rest in peace Corey.

Nick.

Jack

I guarantee you the most addictive of drugs was involved. ALCOHOL and prescription meds. I'm a pharmacy technician and I can tell you that of all the illegal drugs the legal ones are more addictive and with worse side effects. (ie DEATH)

Should have stuck with God's natural stuff Corey. RIP!

Note. Guarantee you won't be seeing Snoop Dogg OD.

Jack

Amanda choosing drugs is not choosing death. Next time you reach for an aspirin realize that it can cause instant stomach bleeding without warning. Oh, and if you take 14 aspirins that will be the last headache you'll ever have. Idiot. Do people still believe the drug propaganda? Good Grief, you people listen to Dr. Drew too much. IT'S TV PEOPLE.

Mags

It's a sad day when your biggest teenage crush dies. So long Corey! I guess we never got the chance to be together!

Paul

Will miss you Corey. You were a neat kid terrific actor. Sorry to see you go.

Mike Miller

forgot to mention earlier.... overdoses aren't usually accidental.

Mike Miller

overdoses are what happen when you are hurting

Corey (yes, Corey)

I'm 41 years old and have always known the "Corey's." Haim unfortunately was a chronic abuser. But what really killed him was that he has enablers all around him. No one around him said "NO." No one around him confronted him.
He was doing well while in Canada around 2002, 2004. (I'm not saying he wasn't doing drugs, but I'm assuming he was doing well because he gained started eating again and went from incoherent to coherent. Back to the same old Corey.
Then came "The Two Corey's." He was paid well for that show. He bought a nice car, clothes, etc. And as you can plainly see on the show, he was using again. I could tell he was abusing the muscler relaxer Soam again because he could next speak correctly while on that drug. It made his voice.....haulting? Stuttered? I don't know how to describe it. On "The Two Corey's" you can see when he tried to act again and kept messing up. It wasn't that he didn't know his lines, but because he was abusing Soma, and it was easy to tell when he was using being a slurred so much.
-Corey Haim was not a self-indulgent person, until it came to drugs. I have no idea how he was the last two years. Obviously, he was relapsing because I learned he was trying to detox again.
No idea what else to say. I hope people going through the same problems learn from this.

Russell

20 years ago I was a recording engineer and worked with Corey Haim in the studio on his version of "Play That Funky Music White Boy" . Nice kid. Seemed to have a good heart. Not at all a brat or snob. Prophetically the producer who knew the Corey's well said they should do a TV show about them. Seemed it finally happened years later. Sad to see his demons caught up with him. RIP

Dcalihan

Only in America do we get so many high profile deaths in the news related to presription drugs, medical narcotics. The United States consumed 99% of the worlds hydrocodone, there were 30.3 tons consumed totaled, 30.2 of which were consumed here... seems like alot, obviously we all know of the addiction to this drug as well as other widely prescribed "narcotics" such as a alprazolam and oxcodone. there are several others we all know if think about it. When did we start becoming a doped up country? drugs like xanax give you seizures after long term use then stopping, also xanax shrinks a brain gland responsible for making new memory, potentially making you suiciddaly depressed. if there are any young people reading this stay away from the prescriptions!! see a chiropracter, drink some tea and work out. people need to start living again, were quickly falling into a drugged up misinformed society that quickly conforms with any new media idea or governmental, we may not like it, but we dont stop it... people need to raise up!

J

Having just lost the love of my life to an accidental OD in October after 9 years of trying to get sober, the death of a loved one from drugs is just gut wrenching. My heart goes out to his friends and family in this time of grief and suffering.