Corey Haim Found Dead

3/10/2010 10:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey HaimActor Corey Haim died this morning of an apparent overdose -- possibly accidental -- according to LAPD. He was 38.

Police tell us they were called to St. Joseph's hospital in Burbank, CA shortly before 4 AM PT to investigate.

Haim shot to fame in the 80s -- when he co-starred in a number of films, including "The Lost Boys" with Corey Feldman.

Haim reportedly suffered a drug-induced stroke in 2001 and was rushed to UCLA Medical Center.

Haim also reportedly was in and out of rehab 15 times, but cleaned up in 2004 after moving to Toronto.

PJ

I am 40 and was a teenager in the 80's. Between this and the scary cast of Breakfast Club on the Oscars, I am starting to feel pretty old.

CALIFORNIA

ANOTHER STUPID ASS.WHEN WILL THEY LEARN; AND YET LINSAY(THE LOOSER)IS STILL ALIVE.

Patrick M.

I liked him OK. I liked some of his movies. It's a sad thing. He's the EXACT same age as me. same birthday even, lol. I mean it's not that big of a shock because it's well known that he has/had a nasty drug problem, but it's still sad. I feel bad for his Parents. It's just too bad we keep loosing all of these talented people to drugs. I don't know what else to say about it except, WOW that really sucks.. it's awful.

brandi johnston

I was shocked when I turned the news on and discovered Corey Haim had died...I grew up to his movies and posters all over my wall, one star I truly wanted to meet...I'd luv to see Feldman speak on this matter. God bless the Haims

WillOTheWisp

Okay...so.. "Singer Rick James "did" in the same apartment complex in 2004." What did Rick James do???? If this is a typo, then may I suggest: stop being in such a hurry to post the gossip without proof reading it?
At any rate, it's so sad...all these people dying of overdosing!

capt andy

THIS GUY HAD MORE TALENT IN HIS LITTLE FINGER THAN MICHAEL JACKSON HAD HIS WHOLE LIFE,,NOW THIS IS A TRADGEDY OF NATIONAL PROMINANCE..FORGET WACKO CJACKO LETS HAVE A CORY DAY IN REMEMBRENCE OF THIS TRUELY GREAT ICON.WHAT A TRADGEDY,,I AM SOOO UPSET OVER THIS..

Posted at 9:27AM on Mar 10th 2010 by OH MY GOD

-------------------
where can we send flowers because of this sad sad day

nutcracker

I am so very sad to hear this news.Corey Haim was my teen heart-throb I had over 60 posters hanging on my bed room walls in the late 80s early 90s. I loved all his movies,Lost Boys my favorite.Glad to hear the two coreys made up....RIP Corey you will always be my teen heart throb......

MightyMad

RIP Haim.

Cindy

My heartfelt sympathies go out to his family. He fought so hard, it seemed...and instead of being on "The Two Coreys", he could have had a seat with his name on it, so to speak, on Dr. Drew's show. I supported Corey uncondtionally, clean/sober or using - he had the tools and the support - I only wish'd he'd reached out - Addiction is a cunning and baffeling disease - no one wakes up and decides that's the path they are going to take....I hope his mom can find some peace, somewhere....like her, I wanted nothing more than for him to find himself and to succeed. Godspeed my friend. You will be missed.

joneblaze

Damn i cant say i didnt see this coming ,he looked pretty out of it in that reality series he did with Corey Feldman and in Crank: High Voltage
This kid started out with so much promise with roles in Firstborn,Lucas, and The Lost Boys
So tragic R.I.P

Candi

I was brought to tears when I heard this! I love both Coreys!Thier posters were all over my walls when I was a teenager! I swore I was going to marry one of them..... This is so sad! Corey Haim is at peace now and sadly Corey Feldman will need all the support he can get!

Linda

Another one that Hollywood chewed up and spit out. Maybe one of these days drugs won't be the cool thing to do there anymore.

Pretty sad when one who has everything feels so empty he/she must resort to this.

Jordan

Nice thumb ring dude!

Mia

Losing someone so young to drugs is always a tragedy, regardless of what they do for a living. Some of you say how stupid he was- he got hooked on heroin as a kid- at like 14. More proof that kids who are thrown into the media circus should have someone acting as their guardian until they are adults, someone who cares about them and their well being, not someone using them as a meal ticket.
Show some empathy, this happens to regular people every day and it destroys lives. It could easily happen to someone you know. RIP Corey.