Corey Haim Found Dead

3/10/2010 10:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey HaimActor Corey Haim died this morning of an apparent overdose -- possibly accidental -- according to LAPD. He was 38.

Police tell us they were called to St. Joseph's hospital in Burbank, CA shortly before 4 AM PT to investigate.

Haim shot to fame in the 80s -- when he co-starred in a number of films, including "The Lost Boys" with Corey Feldman.

Haim reportedly suffered a drug-induced stroke in 2001 and was rushed to UCLA Medical Center.

Haim also reportedly was in and out of rehab 15 times, but cleaned up in 2004 after moving to Toronto.

Joe

I understand the struggle with addiction. I'm also afraid to say that I knew this was coming......I think a lot of people did. Now he is finally at peace and is in a better place.

michelle

RIP u will forever live in my heart!!!

shane

RIP Man.... Its to bad... Fu__ Hollywood ,See what it dose. If your not at the top your in the dirt. So sad.

Cassandria Lucianna Carlson

This news is very upsetting.

My heart sank in my stomach this morning reading this. Did one think the inevitable should action not be taken to open this young man's eyes? Yes.

What he must have been battling with inside his soul. One can't possibly understand what a person must be going through within their spirit to feel the need to want to go through their days numb. It's usually not until one gets the call that their loved one or friend has died of an overdose that things kick in to high (NO PUN) gear for change.

I am at a loss for words on this tradegy.

May your heart and soul Rest in Peace Corey.

My concern is also for Feldman. Two historical friends having been lost in the last year.

sally

How very sad !
My daughter and I loved Cory Haim . She grew up watching his movies in the 80's . The Lost Boys is our favorite movie of all time .
Poor Cory .. he was in pain for a very long time .. I hope he finds the peace that he didn't find here on earth .
My condolences to his poor Mom . How terrible to find her beloved son like that .Even worse if it turns out to be accidental .

R.I.P. Cory ... we will always love you .
Godspeed .. Cory .

Johnny

I wonder if the Academy will forge....I mean leave him off their "Tribute" next year.

Jake Battles

Sirdrew

Very sad RIP Corey Haim!! Lost Boys Forever!

JackieMichele

OMG....I was rooting for his recovery. I was so in love with him when he was younger. He was such a cutie.

puddintang

Aw man I hate this. Rest in peace Corey.

Ansley

RIP Corey.....you were a beautiful soul..my heart breaks for Feldman and your family...you can now be at peace and and hopefully those closest to you can take some comfort in that!! You will be dearly missed!! Godspeed.....

Robyn

I am so upset over this. I really adored Corey. I missed the video TMZ put up but another post said they were making fun of him. Nice TMZ! I want to watch Lucas and Lost Boys now. He was my favorite boy when I was growing up. Pictures on the wall like a lot of you. GODSPEED COREY!!!

MIKE

EVERYONE IS SAYING "IT'S SO SAD" IT IS NOT SAD IT IS STUPID.
JUNKIES DIE. THATS WHAT HAPPENS..

Mikey M

He was more than The Two Coreys. He did have a film career in the 80's and I actually thought he would be one of the great Actors after movies like "Lucas." But in true Hollywood fashion, he couldn't deal with success and started the drugs.

Tom Pain

Poor Guy. It's such a shame when these talented kids are used up as a commodity by the Hollywood machine. When they are no longer able to bring in multiple millions, or their voices/looks change they are spit out. Without a normal childhood, and the benifiet of having to learn how to deal with "LIFE", when their time in the spot light is over, they are unequipped. Lots of money-maybe, and no other marketable skills, they devolve. Drugs help to pass the time, until the "getting high point" is heart stopping.
At least this kid, did not "KILL" his down time pretending to be some sort of professor of socio-economics, and "SOCIAL JUSTICE", like the morons: Penn, Clooney, Sarandon, Depp, etal. These aforementioned twits would do well to recognize that which the rest of us know--"When one spends most of their time pretending to be someone they are not, how does one ever find out whom one is?"