Corey Haim: Doing 'Well' Before Death

3/10/2010 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

We got Corey Haim just three weeks ago -- and when asked if he was sober, he said he had been "good for a while."

Corey Haim: Click to watch
Haim was out at Haute in West Hollywood on February 18 with longtime friend Corey Feldman, where he told us he was "doing well" and was looking forward to future film projects.

As we previously reported, Haim was found dead this morning -- the victim of an apparent overdose.

Interracial facial

The story is all the same for so many of these young hasbeen actors who can't make a transition from pretend make believe to real life. Early kickass career, plents of money, girls and media attention. Then once a new generation of young kids take over Hollywood, they get older and the spotlight leaves, then come the drugs to escape. Corey, say hello to all of Hollywood's victims. You're not alone. RIP

dom

OH PLEASE. He was obviously NOT doing well in this video. He got fat again and he couldn't even look the camera man in the eye or confirm sobriety.

More importantly, Corey Feldman is an ass with that freakin piece of hair. God, he is a loser. Will he wear his michael jackson uniform to Haim's funeral too??

J C

#34 Sounds a lot like homosexual addiction.
alot of guys who get into homosexuality get a rush of excitement and approval when they're young and handsome to fix the inner pain.then as they grow older and less appealing to others in this narcissistic "lifestyle" they turn to alcohol and drugs (which are available in every gay bar)to numb the pain.
Very addictive delusional lifestyle.Delusion falls on many peoople who are in pain as they break from the pain and leave reality and go ...Somewhere over the rainbow,

erica

TO ALL THE HATERS:drug addiction is a sickness, I know, I've been there.
remember it's not our job to judge...leave that to GOD!!

anonymous

I agree, u moron media outlets need to get your facts confirmed before making allegations. It annoys me, but your usually right when it comes to predicting the overdoses. I loved Corey Haim, I grew up watching him..... It's sad, he seemed to be more together in the video. Not mean when he was on drugs.

Flower

Stop with the "found dead" already. He was not "found dead". He was alive when transported to the hospital and died AT THE HOSPITAL, roughly an hour after he was taken there. Cause of death is yet undetermined, so your "drug overdose" theory is just that...a theory.
Sloppy, sensation-seeking, blue journalism.

anonymous

I LOVE YOU #38. You said it best.

Megan

This is tragic. Those who make a mockery of drug and/or alcohol addiction have obviously never a) had the disease b) experienced the disease through a family member or friend. These kids in Hollywood are exposed to drugs at a young age, and never told "no" to. They then see their careers stall, and for some that pressure is too much. I could NEVER hack it in that world...it seems cruel. A person as sick as Corey can't just stop using...it's not that easy. Anyway, my thoughts and prayers to his family...especially his mother, who I understand is battling cancer.

Le'Beck

So so sad, I wonder how Corey Feldman is handling this.

Wat?

The pupils don't lie folks....have another look.

Joe

them pupils are quite large...

Senayte

maybe he was doing well tell TMZ made fun of him recently

veronica

WITH TEARS IN MY EYES YOU WILL BE THE 80 TEENS IDOL FOR EVER IN MY HEART ANY MANY OTHERS.
RIP DUDE

karen

He was great in Silver Bullet the stephen king movie where Gary Busey played his uncle and corey was in a wheel chair. Great movie and and great actor. I grew up in with him. My best friend and I had his feldmans pics all over our walls. Corey was too young to die.

anita

My sweet Corey.

May you rest in peace.... You were an angel on earth, now you are among the other angels. You will be so missed!! I have had a crush on you since i firs laid my eyes on you, back in the 80,s. You was the most perfect boy/man i ever seen.

You was also a great actor.. And you and Corey Haim. "the two corey,s" No more, I will always Love you, and keep you in my herat..

All the sympathy goes to the family.

And to all the others like me, who treasure Corey Haim as the great person he was..

RIP.. NEVER FORGOTTEN!!