'Precious' Shows Off Her Spots

3/12/2010 5:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Looking chic in all black, "Precious" star Gabourey Sidibe rocked a pair of leopard print sneakers while strutting through Santa Monica on Thursday.

0910_media_removed_Mel_Gibson

Who wouldn't want to walk in the 26-year-old Hollywood Cinderella's shoes?!

barb

I heard the reality show 'The Biggest Loser' wouldn't even accept her application!

THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING PROPERLY SUPERVISED...PERIOD!

GABBY I'm being real here, STOP letting people (OPRAH) tell you that you look great cause you don't, you look like your struggle to beathe.

FOR HEALTH REASONS........LOSE AT LEAST 100 lbs.

Hollywood will not accept you, you maybe get another movie or tv show but they are just trying to let you die down.

OPRAH is STUPID, she is the savior for all black women that have weight or man issues.

FANTASIA
JENNIFER HUDSON
HALLE
MARYJ
GABBY S.
WHITNEY
ETC....

mousetrap

There's no reason why she can't have a reasonably successful career in Hollywood, with a little luck and hard work. Look at Queen Latifah, and Monique (although I realize they are not as fat). They are fat and have done very well. The American population is getting more and more obese. Now more than ever, and into the future, there is going to be a demand here and there for someone to play the part of the obese girl/woman. She'll probably never be a leading lady, but there will be parts for her here and there if she keeps herself relevant and out there. As for her personal health, that is strictly her business, although she would probably be wise to lose some.

barf

29. you people are all ignorant. the problem with todays society is that everyone focuses on what you look like, not what you are made of inside. leave her alone and look at your own flaws. ignorance being one of them!

Posted at 10:54AM on Mar 12th 2010 by TG

I tell ya what she is made of inside: FAT!

JoDale

They always say you look 100lbs NO WAIT 10lbs bigger on the screen.

Liberals Hate Free Speech

IS TMZ STAFF SMOKING CRACK??????

poppy

I absolutely loved her acting in Precious. But seriously..what other part could she ever play? She has typecast herself.

Brandon

She probably ate a few leopards to make those shoes.

FABIO

I heard that producers don't want to put her in any more movies because she eats all of the crew's food.

d33

All I know is that girl has more money in her bank account than I do...

TheITguy

Should we call her Gabby, or Flabby? Look, I'm about 60-70 pounds overweight myself, so I know what I'm talking about. All I have to worry about high blood pressure, but she has trouble even breathing. If you get out of breath, taking a breath, you have SERIOUS problems. And having Oprah's endorsement...that's like being the thinnest kid at fat camp. No pun intended. And I agree, her poor shoes...they were 6 inch heels when she put them on that morning.

J

"I'm sure she's been bullied enough through life" Give me a break, we all have the choice to get healthy. As a child, not so much, as an adult who has a ton of money from a bad movie? Yes. She should be at the gym.

Just Sayin'

I wonder how long it will be before we see her on "The Biggest Loser" or doing Weight watcher's commercials?

Jamaican Sam

There are two men on Santa Monica pier waiting for her to show up.

And they're both carrying harpoons!

Mary P

Look, I'm fat and even I'm trying to do something about it.

This girl is amazingly talented. That should go to waste because she dies in a few years?

I'm sick of the argument that Americans are getting bigger (I'm an American, so I can't speak for other countries), therefore we need representation. Or the argument that you should be happy in whatever size you are in. Third world countries have less overall health issues than us, even when you include malnourishment stats. We have more die here from obesity related drugs than dozens of third world countries COMBINED.

Are you going to be happy when YOUR insurance goes into the thousands a month to cover you? Are you going to be happy when you realize that you didn't change your lifestyle and therefore you now have to take 20 pills a day to control your blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol and more? Are you going to be happy when you contract diseases that keep you bedridden or they have to amputate a leg? What about 10 years from now, when she's on set and the circulation to her legs blocks up and sends blood clot to her heart?

Everyone should be happy with themselves, but ALWAYS have something to strive for to make them a better person.

This girl has no face. NO FACE. She has amazing eyes and a soul in it, but she's been indulged all her life. Someone needs to step up and lose SOME weight. I'm not saying everyone should be a size zero, but without knowing how tall she is, I'd bet 140 would be a GREAT weight on her and MUCH more healthy.

It has nothing to do with being elitist, sexist, racist, or whatever the case is. This isn't a healthy image to portray to ANYONE. I'm sick of people bitching about healthcare coverage, then shove cheeseburgers down their throat. We'd never be in this mess if people didn't encourage others to balloon up to 350lbs. or to tell those same people who are about 20lbs away from being able to physically walk to "be happy about yourself".